1. Think you have what it takes to join staff? Click here and check out the Staff thread to find out more information!
  2. Looking to spice up your game collection with a copy of the highly anticipated Bungie title Destiny? Hop on your ship and engage its hyper drive, this contest is going to be a heated one! Visit the contest by clicking here.
  3. Hello Guest, our very own Vanilla Minecraft Server is now up! Be sure to grab a few friends and check out the server here so that you guys can start your very own faction! Check it out HERE!
  4. Community Update: The Community Champion Events will soon be coming to a close, be sure to get your votes in!

ToTMCoTMEoTM

Final Fantasy XIII Save Editor + Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Game Saves' started by Enforcer, Apr 28, 2011 with 25 replies and 72,698 views.

1. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

[​IMG]

This is a simple guide, with pictures, on how to modify your Final Fantasy XIII(13) saved game. You will be able to modify each characters; HP, Strength, Magic, CP, ATM Level and GIL. You can also unlock shops / items and rare accessories.

Before I begin you will need to a few things;

FFXIII Save Editor + USB Explorer - You will need this if you are using the a USB flash drive or a transfer cable.

Virus Scan

When using a transfer cable you need a program to explore your harddrive. I recommend downloading Xport 360 because of the clearly labelled folders and the easy to you GUI.

Xport 360 Download

I am going to be going through, how to do this, with a transfer cable. There is a video tutorial that explains how to do it using a USB.

(USB TUTORIAL VIDEO IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE).

First things first, after downloading and installing Xport 360.

1. Connect your xbox 360 hard drive to your PC / Laptop.
    2. Open up Xport 360 and go file > open hdd or memory card.

[​IMG]

3. It will ask you to select a device. Hopefully, your one will be there. Click 'Ok'.

[​IMG]

4. Find your device on the left side and expand it
    5. Click 'Partition 3'
    6. Click 'Content (User profiles, Saves, etc)'
    7. Find your profile (mine is the second one down) and expand it
    8. Find 535107E4 (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
    9. Expand the files until you find 'ff13-00.dat'.

[​IMG]

10. Drag that file to the desktop and MAKE A BACKUP.
    11. Now go to the save editor and open it.
    12. Go to file > open and find 'ff13-00.dat'.

[​IMG]

13. Make the changes you want to make, but beware that if you over do it, it can cause your game to crash.
    14. Go to file > save. It will automatically rehash and resign.

[​IMG]

15. Now go to the FFXIII Save Editor folder and find 'modded_ff13_save'.

[​IMG]

16. There should be a file in there called 'ff13-00.dat'.
    17. Drag this file back to Xport 360, into that same folder you got it.
    18. Close down Xport 360 and put your harddrive back into your xbox.

This should be it. This tutorial did take some time and would appreciate it, if people are going to leech it to other sites, they give me credit. Enjoy. ©

USB YOUTUBE TUTORIAL

This is NOT my video tutorial, nor is the editor my creation.

If I've missed a step or something doesn't go right for you, just PM me or post here. Also let me know how I've done, what can be improved as this is my first tutorial.

SOLUTIONS
    Q) Why doesn't my save appear in the modded files folder after I save it?

A) Extract FFXIII.zip using 'winrar' or a similar program. You must extract the contents to desktop or somewhere you can find them. This is important because when a file is zipped/compressed the directories as such do not comply.

Q) Do I need to rehash and resign, after modding the save?

A) No, the save editor does this for you.

Q) Do I have to use Xport360 for this to work?

A) No, you can use whatever drive explorer you like. Xport and modio, both have an easy to use interface and clear labelled folders. I only recommend using these, its not a necessity.

Q) Why does my xbox crash after using the save editor?

A) You are setting your ATB too high, lower down to 3 or 4 and it will work perfectly.
    2 people like this.
  2. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

Anyone got feedback? Let me know what you think. Would appreciate your comments, so I can amend any future tutorials I may create.
  3. AJ ff13

AJ ff13 Newbie

Hopefully you respond to this. When i save my file after editing in ff13 save editor i have no clue where it goes. I have tried this an excess of 50 times by now and no clue what i could be doing wrong. The file isn't going to modded ff13 save where you show it going . I use my file saved from xbox on my usb drive extracted through USB Xtaf Gui Version 44 which creates a new file called ff13-00.dat. I then open the file through save editor adjust stats and save it and see the message saying it was re-encrypted and re-hashed but can't find the file. Please help!
  4. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

@AJ ff13 I have sent you a private message regarding your issue.
  5. LobbiesForDigi

LobbiesForDigi Newbie

Hey i have same issue please send me how to fix
  6. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

@LoobiesForDigi You need to extract the FFXIII.zip using winrar or similar, then do the same with the files inside. This should be the problem.
  7. FataL1tyXxX

FataL1tyXxX Newbie

Hi.. Mine works exactly how it is.. But my only problem is im not able to summon eidolons since its i modded it. Also, i got all the eidolons in my inventory and ive already unlock all the eidolons before i used ff13 save editor. And also i found out that i can only summon on vannille and cant on the others. Plz help.. I really nid tp figure this out. Thank you
  8. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

You modded the eidolons even though you already had them unlocked? If this is the case, just use your backup save and re-mod it without touching the eidolons.
  9. FataL1tyXxX

FataL1tyXxX Newbie

Yes i found out that works.. But whenever i try to touch any of the fields in the ragnarok tab i loses my summon command.. Wat do u think is the problem to that.?
  10. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

@FataL1tyXxX I didn't develop or make the editor so I cannot really suggest a solution to that sort of technicality. I recommend sticking to the basic modding; strength, hp etc...

I'll do some searches and look around, see if anyone else has had the same problem and whether they found a fix.
  11. FataL1tyXxX

FataL1tyXxX Newbie

Thank you...
  12. starchild2064

starchild2064 Newbie

Hello! I'm having problems withe save as well! when i load id is takes me to the start menu again!
    I finished this game already but i would like to paly it again and im at the first save point!
    Tried to ulock eidolons and items first atempt with all char hp 30000 str 4000 mag 4000 but nothing!
    Then tried not to change anything at all by keeping the editor's normal settings but again still nothing
    cuz when i load it still keeps goin on start screen when i load! Any suggestions? Thanks!!!
  13. BlackWing

BlackWing Newbie

Xbox says save game is corrupted. Tried dozens of times to fix. I even tried taking save game from xbox to comp and back without changing anything, still corrupt. Any ideas?
  14. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

@BlackWing Have you tried opening the save editor and other programs used in this tutorial with "Administrator"? (Right click the program and select "Run as Administrator")

@Starchild2064 I don't fully understand your problem but I will suggest a few solutions.

- You might be selecting the wrong save, if you already completed the game and have started a new one there will be two gamesaves in that folder now. Make sure you grab the right one.

- After editing your save, try using a third party rehash resigner just in case there was a problem with the save editor.

- Play the game normally to chapter 2 and see if that works. Chapter one might be too low of a chapter to begin modding.

- Mod less, when it comes to stats. You don't want to overload the console.

Hope this helped.
  15. GTI

GTI Newbie

hi, i just start a new xbox account, and i have my FFXIII game on my other account, that is very advance and take me a long time to get to this point, and i want to know if theres a possibility to transfer my gamesave from my old account to my new account!
  16. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

If you grab the save from the old account and then rehash and resign it with your new account, it will work. Modio does this very well, but you will a usb and usb explorer to get the save onto your PC. Search for modio and download it, then do a search on rehash and resigning game saves. Very simple.
  17. GTI

GTI Newbie

im doing it with my transfer cable, i have take my okd gamesave, open xport 360 part 3, my gamertarg, final fantasy partXIII and when i load my game, it says that my file si corrupt, but i'll try it with the usb and just connect it on my xbox and just move to my hardrive,
  18. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There

@GTI Your file is corrupt because you did not rehash / resign your save to your new account. You need to open it in modio and get your account ID's and console ID's.
  19. GTI

GTI Newbie

what do i need to do with my user Id and console id?
  20. Enforcer

Enforcer Getting There