• Views 437
Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

k so ignore the choice of music cos it was thrown on to just keep things less dull.

Crooks mentioned about making things a bit quicker rather than slower, but I'd like to know if anyone else has anything else to feedback.

Azsry Azsry G God Crash @anyoneelse

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That's actually really, really good. I would just move the sniper shot to when the beat drops at 0:05.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That's actually really, really good. I would just move the sniper shot to when the beat drops at 0:05.
I think what crooks said about the transitions being faster would have helped with that. With them being slower they pushed the shot back further

Azsry

Azsry

Getting There
EotM Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't encourage intros that take up a majority of the edit, but the length of what's considered acceptable depends on the length of the edit, so I don't want to comment on that.

I wasn't a fan of the wobbling; it didn't add very much to the transition because it started too long beforehand. Your lens effect (probably Optics Compensation?) also warps the black bars, which is a red flag by itself. Black Bars are meant to modify the aspect ratio of the edit so it shouldn't be affected by anything.

The text looked hand tracked so you can see it shift out of position a few times. Try using a match moving plugin/program to analyse the clip's movement so you can insert the text properly without it looking jittery.

Cuts feel very odd since the viewer has to really infer what happened between the cuts. I know you were probably trying to get some seamless transition with the viewmodel animations going on, but that's not really the focus of the clip with the way you set it up.

The shot isn't synced to anything at the moment and makes it feel out of place. Try to place markers on beats you want to sync things to and keep lining the important parts of the clip up to those. For example, here's what my EotM entry looked like at the end:
O9eL5hK.png

YN5L0Gy.png
As you can see, I mark out everything I think I'll be using in the edit first, then line clips/sounds up to those.

Another thing to note is that after the shot, the clip plays rather quickly. Try to emphasise shots by slowing down the clip a bit after the shots so that viewers can take in what just happened.

Very ranty, but hopefully it's what you were after by tagging me :tongue:

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't encourage intros that take up a majority of the edit, but the length of what's considered acceptable depends on the length of the edit, so I don't want to comment on that.

I wasn't a fan of the wobbling; it didn't add very much to the transition because it started too long beforehand. Your lens effect (probably Optics Compensation?) also warps the black bars, which is a red flag by itself. Black Bars are meant to modify the aspect ratio of the edit so it shouldn't be affected by anything.

The text looked hand tracked so you can see it shift out of position a few times. Try using a match moving plugin/program to analyse the clip's movement so you can insert the text properly without it looking jittery.

Cuts feel very odd since the viewer has to really infer what happened between the cuts. I know you were probably trying to get some seamless transition with the viewmodel animations going on, but that's not really the focus of the clip with the way you set it up.

The shot isn't synced to anything at the moment and makes it feel out of place. Try to place markers on beats you want to sync things to and keep lining the important parts of the clip up to those. For example, here's what my EotM entry looked like at the end:
O9eL5hK.png

YN5L0Gy.png
As you can see, I mark out everything I think I'll be using in the edit first, then line clips/sounds up to those.

Another thing to note is that after the shot, the clip plays rather quickly. Try to emphasise shots by slowing down the clip a bit after the shots so that viewers can take in what just happened.

Very ranty, but hopefully it's what you were after by tagging me :tongue:
Perfect. Just what I was hoping for :wink:

I made this one in Sony Vegas and there are no 3rd party things installed to help me, any recommendations of stuff to install?
btw you need to stick around now so I can pester you with questions.

Azsry

Azsry

Getting There
EotM Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Perfect. Just what I was hoping for :wink:

I made this one in Sony Vegas and there are no 3rd party things installed to help me, any recommendations of stuff to install?
btw you need to stick around now so I can pester you with questions.
I don't use Sony Vegas so I don't know how much I can help.

I use Magic Bullet Looks for colour corrections, the Trapcode suite, the Sapphire Plugins pack and a few Video Copilot plugins. I don't know if they're compatible with Sony Vegas, though. I do know that someone mentioned NewBlueFX or something for Vegas, so maybe that's something to check out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register