• Thread starter Hypotoad
  • Start date
  • Views 7,570
Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Frustrated with F1 2013 or F1 2014 difficulty settings? Game too hard? No way to correct it?

That is until now, I have had F1 2013 for a while and even on the easy setting it's pretty hard, the cars seem to have little traction and the AI cars drive like drunk monkeys, they don't even seem to slow down on the corners. I can easily win races in the Grid, Grid 2 and Autosport, so even though I am not an expert I can get by.

Like the heading says it's only if you have a RGH/Jtag console so if it's stock read no further.

This will work with F1 2013 & F1 2014, it may work with F1 2011 & F1 2012 & other Codemasters games, I haven't tried them.

What you need:

1. Both QuickBMS and Codemasters Nefs archives (*.nfs) script file from here: http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm You can right click on the script file and just save the link and it will download.

2. Xbox 360 Game Hack 6.3 from here: [Click here to view this link]

3. F1 2013 and/or F1 2014 on your Xbox 360 Hdd. I will refer to F1 2013 from now on but it's the same process for the others.

4. Windows Notepad.

Now in the F1 2013 "OR" F1 2014 folders you need the x360_000.nfs file and the default.xex file so copy both these to you PC.

Unzip QuickBMS and put the "codemasters_nefs.bms" script file into the same directory. Now open QuickBMS and click on "quickbms_4gb_files", it will bring up a dos window and then a window asking for you to select the BMS script to use, so just click on "codemasters_nefs.bms" and hit open.

Then it will ask you to select the input archives/files to extract....., so just find the "x360_000.nfs" file on your PC and click on that and hit open.

Then it will ask you to select the output folder where you want the files from the archive to go, so have an "empty" new folder ready or make one now, click on it and hit save, it will take a while to extract all the files it will be full of files at the end. NOTE, it will quickly come up with a warning saying that "the following output file already exists and do you want to overwrite it?" Just press "n" on the keyboard and press enter and let it go till the end, it will take a while depending on the speed of your computer.

It will come up with another warning at the end saying that it can't find the rest of the file etc, just hit enter and ignore it, thats it looking for the next part of the archive but we have all we want in the first part.

Now you have the folder you made full of the game files, so head to the folder called "tracks" and open it, then open "difficulties" and you will find a file called "ai_track_difficulties", and a folder called "era_2013" with another "ai_track_difficulties" file in it, they are XML files, but don't try and open them with an XML editor. Make copies of them and put them in a safe place.

Open the copies in Windows Notepad making sure you don't get them mixed up, if you do the game won't work.

You will see this at the top:

rR"
$rR" ìrR" ai_track_difficulties track name abu_dhabi Amateur 0.4843434 Intermediate 0.6103552 Professional 0.736367 Expert 0.8623788 Legend 1.0 bahrain 0.3998588 0.5467541 0.6936495 0.8405448 brands 0.4076798 0.553007 0.6983341 0.8436612

Now if you look at the file you can see that some tracks have more sets of numbers than others, so just look from left to right after the track name, the lowest difficulty level is always on the left. Lets take "bahrain 0.3998588 0.5467541 0.6936495 0.8405448" for example, the lowest difficulty amount is "0.3998588" then it goes up from there, so we can make it a lower number so lets try making it start with a 2 which will make it "0.2998588" that will make the easiest difficulty level even easier, you could make it a 1 or even 0, it's up to you but you don't want to make the game too easy, do you?

Go through all the tracks altering the first digit in the numbers to a lower one, in some 2014 files you will find they have another number at the end like "0.9" just leave these alone.

Be careful that you don't change the size of the file or mess up the numbering, as the game will not work, that's why we use a back up copy.

Once you have done all the tracks and levels you want hit save and do the next file.

Now listen carefully as this has to be right or it won't work, make another empty folder called "F12013 Mods" in the folder make another folder called "tracks", then in that folder make another folder called "difficulties" and inside that folder make another folder called "era_2013". Put the modded "ai_track_difficulties" files inside the correct folders, if you got it from "difficulties" put it in difficulties if you got it from "era_2013" put it in that folder, don't mix them up or the game won't work and of course leave out the "" marks.

Now back to QuickBMS, open the file called "4gb_reimport" and a dos window will come up asking pretty much what we had when we unpacked the file, but this is trickier.

It will bring up the same window asking for you to select the BMS script to use, so just click on "codemasters_nefs.bms" and hit open.

Then it will ask you to select the input archives/files to extract....., so just find the "x360_000.nfs" and click on that and hit open.

Then it will ask you to select the output folder where you want the files from the archive to go, so go to the "F12013 Mods" folder and open it, you should see the "tracks" folder, don't select anything but hit save at the bottom. It will seem to do nothing for a while but eventually it will put the files we modded back into the "x360_000.nfs" file. It will have the same error message at the bottom that it can't find the rest of the file, just ignore it and hit enter.

We just unpacked a Codemasters Nefs file, changed some files and packed it back up again.

We are nearly there, we now need to work on the default.xex file for the game, if we don't it will crash because we modded some files. So make a backup of that file.

Unpack Xbox 360 Game Hack 6.3 and open it, point it to the directory on your PC that contains the default.xex file you need to fix, you will transfer it to your 360 after. Just hit fix and after a while it will say that it successfully fixed your default.xex file. This takes out all the checks that will stop the game from running with altered files.

Now copy the modded "x360_000.nfs" and "default.xex" after making sure you have backups of the originals, in the F1 2013 game directory on your Xbox 360.

Start the game, make a new profile, and enjoy!

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't extract the nfs file,what should i do?

Do you have the codemasters_nefs.bms file in the same folder as QuickBMS?

I had success with QuickBMS 0.6 so try downloading that one.

Do you get any files at all when you do the following?

When you click on quickbms_4gb_files the first thing you do is select the codemasters_nefs.bms file, then you select the x360_000.nfs file you want to unpack and then the folder you made to put all the files in and when it starts it will stop because there are files of the same name and ask you to select from a list what you want to do, just go with default.

Hope this helps.

Everydaynine_

Everydaynine_

Working on Me Full Time
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't extract the nfs file,what should i do?

Do you have the codemasters_nefs.bms file in the same folder as QuickBMS?

I had success with QuickBMS 0.6 so try downloading that one.

Do you get any files at all when you do the following?

When you click on quickbms_4gb_files the first thing you do is select the codemasters_nefs.bms file, then you select the x360_000.nfs file you want to unpack and then the folder you made to put all the files in and when it starts it will stop because there are files of the same name and ask you to select from a list what you want to do, just go with default.

Hope this helps.

guess i'll find the speed hack to this game

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a damn sexy find, gonna test it out. Thanks mate :tongue: .

Top Bottom
Login
Register