eXeN Xbox 360 UNBAN ???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by FATAL 213, Nov 20, 2008 with 7 replies and 22,759 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Found this on youtube
    its suppose to unban you from live?

is it real or FAKE?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nh-EGQrdA]YouTube - eXeN Xbox 360 UNBAN Tutorial[/ame]

Looks fake to me but then again i could be wrong.<_<

1 person likes this.
  2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Could be real could be fake who knows if its real that is going to be bad ***.

3. nickcas

nickcas Seasoned Member

It's fake. It was proven fake a few days ago. If we were able to inject code into the 360 before the dash loads we'd be able to have homebrew.

4. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Oh so incredibly fake...

5. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Looks incredibly real. where is the proof it doesn't work.

6. Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Dude, if this turns out to be real(which i doubt) I'm going to flash my 360 in a heartbeat.

7. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

The xbox 360's are banned via console serial number. When connecting to xbox live, the console serial number in the NAND is checked against a banned list on the servers to determine if it is allowed or not.
    So therefore the only way to unban it is to dump the nand, decrypt it, change the serial number, re-encrypt and fix any and all hashes, and flash it back.
    The xbox 360 first of all does not run any unsigned code. It HAS to be signed, or some new exploit found (but then the HV would most likely catch it). Also, no such code could be sent to the 360 via a USB cable. If it was to act like a network, it would not only have to send the right information for the box to accept it, it would also have to be able to re-encrypt and sign all the chit going to the 360 (done via RSA most likely), which also let me point out that the card in that video doesn't have the hardware necessary to do this in any reasonable time. then you run into the problem that the usb port won't accept any sorta injectable code to even read/write to the NAND. So therefore, it's very impossible with his setup.
    You would need first an exploit, then run linux to get your NAND and all information necessary to do it either by hand or some private program.

ALSO AS SOMETHING ELSE TO POINT OUT. The only way you could get the 360 to boot any sorta custom firmware would require your own modified firmware in the NAND itself (due to the patching process), something of which the usb ports would not even begin to work until the system kernel is patched+loaded.

2 people like this.
  8. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Well you know your ****. Alright. Fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.