What's new

Discussion Ever attended/competed in an AW LAN?

Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you? LAN qualifies as going to a gaming center to watch/play tournament matches.

I have not yet, but I have one coming up October 31st. I am traveling 3 hours from Chicago to Indianapolis to attend an event for Advanced Warfare. It is located at the eBash Indianapolis Gaming Center. It is one of the last tournaments that will exist for AW, and serves as kind of a goodbye to this game. Anyway, I think only 3 teams (including mine) are going to the event so far that have bought team passes, so I am expecting a fairly simple and small tourney (if it can even be called that lol). Nevertheless, this will be my first tournament and I am excited to be going. I've known my teammates for a good 6+ months so I know we feel comfortable playing alongside each other. Our team's name is Demolition Gaming, as we are trying to start a competitive team alongside our successful Clan Wars clan. Anyway, more info about the LAN here is you are interested about the details and such.

http://ebash.com/product/cod-advanced-warfare-oct-tournament-2015-2/

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I have never attended a lan and will never. It's not the same any more. I also have no interest in going to one.

TheItalianLad

TheItalianLad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When lans become like they did 15 years ago when Quake was big, then I'll join.

SoLongSuckas

SoLongSuckas

Keep it Muddy.
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you? LAN qualifies as going to a gaming center to watch/play tournament matches.

I have not yet, but I have one coming up October 31st. I am traveling 3 hours from Chicago to Indianapolis to attend an event for Advanced Warfare. It is located at the eBash Indianapolis Gaming Center. It is one of the last tournaments that will exist for AW, and serves as kind of a goodbye to this game. Anyway, I think only 3 teams (including mine) are going to the event so far that have bought team passes, so I am expecting a fairly simple and small tourney (if it can even be called that lol). Nevertheless, this will be my first tournament and I am excited to be going. I've known my teammates for a good 6+ months so I know we feel comfortable playing alongside each other. Our team's name is Demolition Gaming, as we are trying to start a competitive team alongside our successful Clan Wars clan. Anyway, more info about the LAN here is you are interested about the details and such.

http://ebash.com/product/cod-advanced-warfare-oct-tournament-2015-2/
Howd it go?

Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Howd it go?
Well, two teammates we originally had from my team had to drop out for personal reasons. So, we we're forced to find 2 random people on twitter to fill their spots, otherwise my 3 hour drive to the event woud have been for nothing. Those two people we picked up sucked reaaaal bad. We placed last, but only 4 teams showed including our own. Nobody wanted or cared to play AW anymore. It was pathetic and aggrevating trying to carry those randoms we picked up. But hey, at least I can say I attended a LAN.

Top Bottom
Login
Register