EA, Epic, and Crytek Agree the iPad Could be a Force in Gaming

Discussion in 'Homepage' started by OctaVariuM, Mar 13, 2012 with 9 replies and 3,786 views.

1. OctaVariuM

OctaVariuM The Void Retired

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Mast3rModder

Mast3rModder God.

None of those developers have made a hit game, what do they know? Psh.
    LukeC and denz like this.
  3. denz

denz Walking Dead Premium

Indeed but ea has made a bunch of family games on the app store as well as fifa, dead space, monopoly etc
  4. Evil Fefe

Evil Fefe Otaku

He was being sarcastic. Learn2sarcasm

OT, Yea gaming really is going to be hardcore with 1 touchscreen and no buttons.
  5. denz

Lol, u make me laff with your nonsense.. Buttons are on the touch screen..
  6. Evil Fefe

Evil Fefe Otaku

Yea, Butz de touchscreen isn't always responsive
  7. denz

I find it quite responsive
  8. Evil Fefe

Evil Fefe Otaku

I find it not.
  9. Pedophile

Pedophile Contributor

Does the iPad 3 really have the processing power of a 360? I'm not so sure. A dual core ARM processor against a triple core PowerPC doesn't seem equal. Especially when you consider that ARM chips are designed for using less power, not being powerful. I don't have any benchmarks, but I've never seen any in favor of the iPad 3, so saying it has the processing power of a 360 seems a little rushed. Another thing you all seem to be forgetting is storage. 360 games are up to 8 GBs big. That means even if you buy the 64 GB version, which is ludicrously priced compared to the other versions, you'll at best be able to have about 8 games, if they aren't all the full 8 GBs, and some games have to have two discs, and you don't have any movies, books, music, pictures, or any other apps. Oh, and if it's competing with consoles, how much space do BluRay discs have? That's what I thought. So no, I laugh at the idea of the iPad competing with consoles in terms of actual gaming. Will it sell better than consoles? Sure, maybe, since most consumers don't care about hardware, and it'll definitely have plenty of casual games, but will it sell to people as a console that want games like Battlefield, CoD, Skyrim, etc? Not a chance in hell.
  10. denz

Got an unlucky ipad? It also depends on your generation of ipad