What's new

Dying Light

_Xz_

_Xz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dying-Light.png
Do you like zombie games? Well, if so, then you're in luck! Game developer Techland has been working on their next title "Dying Light", which combines zombies, parkour, and zombies! If you played the original Dead Island, you will probably feel more at home playing this than you might think, considering Techland also developed the first Dead Island game, and by the looks (and the feel) of things, they are continuing in that direction. Dying Light is set for release sometime in February, 2015, for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC.

I put many, many hours in to the original Dead Island, and it's DLCs, and loved every second of it. This alone makes me confident in the up-and-coming title, Dying Light. At GamesCom this year, IGN recorded a man playing an 8-minute demo of the game, and it looks simply fantastic. The graphics feel like Dead Island has had a facelift, the movement really makes it feel as though you are jumping from buildings on to the top of cars, or walking across the heads of zombies. Earlier in this article I mentioned parkour. Yes, this game has parkour, and it maintains a strong influence in the way gamers will play Dying Light.

Dying Light's take on parkour does not just simply consist of a myriad of rooftop jumping. It also incorporates literally walking across zombies, amongst other things. Not only can you walk across zombies, it appears that you can also jump from them, and if you so wished, you could land a jump-attack from one zombie to another. Another feature of movement in this game is a grapple hook. Say for example you were being surrounded by a horde of zombies, with no hope whatsoever to escape, all you would have to do is launch your grapple hook towards a building, and it will then hoist you up, and out of danger. Don't expect the rooftops to be totally safe, though. Some rooftops do have zombies on them - so watch out!

A familiar feature has made a return from Techlands's ground-breaking survival game, Dead Island; weapon modding. For those of you who didn't play Dead Island, or aren't too sure what I mean by "weapon modding", I will explain. Weapon modding is when you take objects that you find around the world, and infuse these objects with a weapon of your choice (so long as the weapon can take the modification). Modifications can include harnessing elemental power such as fire, or electricity. Applying modifications to your weapons can greatly extend their power and increase their damage. Don't be disheartened by thinking that only melee weapons exist in this game, because firearms also have a presence!

C4q99YH.jpg

As with both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, Dying Light has four different playable classes to choose from. (For those unsure, each class is assigned to an individual character, so there are four different characters to choose from, each bringing something unique and different to the table. These characters are also customizable). Dying Light will include multiplayer co-op for up to four people simultaneously. Another feature that Dying Light is boasting is it's unique day and night cycle; during the day, the player can venture out in to the open world, gathering supplies, saving survivors, or killing infected (or all three, if you want). When it hits night time, however, that's when things get serious.
After nightfall, though, this infected world undergoes a dramatic transformation that gives the gameplay a new dimension. You, a hunter by day, become prey. The infected grow in strength, but something even more sinister looms in the darkness to begin its hunt. - dyinglightgame.com

Does Dying Light appeal to you?
Will you be buying this game?

Source (Wikipedia)
Source (DyingLightGame)

Last edited:
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry, _Xz_ _Xz_ , I will not be promoting this to the Homepage. I hope to see more submissions from you in the future.

Sinestro

Sinestro

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reaction score
Sin$
Game looks pretty good, however im worried the parkour will be very unrealistic!

_Xz_

_Xz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Game looks pretty good, however im worried the parkour will be very unrealistic!
I'm not so sure, you would think that having such a heavy focus on it's gameplay elements that they'd really make an effort with it.

Sinestro

Sinestro

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not so sure, you would think that having such a heavy focus on it's gameplay elements that they'd really make an effort with it.
I think they might just try to hard on it and ruin it

_Xz_

_Xz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think they might just try to hard on it and ruin it
Sorry, I've only just realised you replied, haha. My bad, man.

I'd hope not. I think (and hope) that if one of their marketing points is parkour, then they can't really afford to make it badly.

L

LownWolf420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This game is going to be better than Dead Island, I am defiantly going to buy this when it comes out

Top Bottom
Login
Register