• Start date
  • Views 22,621
Ancalagon

Ancalagon

To thy own self be true
Stickied Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, I'm going to cut right to the chase.

This is - as of Monday 11th April 2016 - a WORKING glitch that enables you to double your selected resource with a matter of seconds. For example, you have 10 Steel. The glitch gives you 20, then you turn the 20 into 40, and so on - each time the margin increases.

Okay, here are the steps (tested on Xbox One)
  1. Empty your inventory into a nearby container of sorts (for ease).
  2. Open the workbench and choose a resource (let's say steel) - put it in your inventory
  3. Under 'Junk' find the resource and drop it on a clear bit of land
  4. Now, this sounds tricky, but it really is simple; click X, A and B as fast as possible - almost as if you are rolling your thumb across the three buttons in sequence. If the glitch works, you will see the scrap box appear briefly, then dissapear, and the 'store item' will remain on screen. Click 'yes'. What this has done is - you have scrapped the steel - in this case - for its exact worth in resources, but you have also stored the resource at the same time. This mean, say you scrap 20, and store it also, you are adding 40 to the workbench.
Repeat. I currently have over 20,000 in all of the most essential resources. It took 15 mins for ALL of them. Now, Wasteland Workshop is released tomorrow, so make good use of this! Good luck!

Source.

Video:

Xbox one, latest patches and WW installed. Confirmed as working.

Last edited:
Preswa

Preswa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You. You hero You.
Thanks for Posting this, I literally took down my entire settlement in order to get Ready for WW and just had the idea to work with the items I'd have.
This just saved me a lot of Hassle.

Southy

Southy

Have a Nice Day! :)
Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm probably going to get 500,000 of everything.:biggrin: I'm going to start my concrete building in an hour or so.

Does the game load slower when you have more items, like it did for the previous games?

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

To thy own self be true
Reaction score
Sin$
Added video guide. 
I'm probably going to get 500,000 of everything.:biggrin: I'm going to start my concrete building in an hour or so.

Does the game load slower when you have more items, like it did for the previous games?

Yeah ... I was gonna mention being cautious when working with stacks of tens of thousands of items. The game doesn't handle them well. I have over 100K of several crafting materials in workbenches and containers. If you try to move or take all and you're dealing with quantities over about 60K at a time, you'll lose most of them. Save often and be prepared to re-load from a previous save if you lose anything. And check quantities after moving huge stacks ... don't just assume they all made it to where you place them.

D

DemonAsylum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If anyone is looking for a detailed video guide with commentary, I just posted my video on it:

Preswa

Preswa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A useful tip to anybody doing this glitch;
  • To speed things up, I used 4 items every time I did the Glitch.
  • I had my sound up so that I could hear when I picked up the Scrap, but still had the option store the item.
If you don't hear a sound of the item being picked up, the glitch didn't work.

So far, so good! Just wanted to share those tips with anybody who's trying.

QuondamQuidam

QuondamQuidam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really can't get this to work on ps4. Every time I get the menu stack thing I never hear the scrap sound. No matter what I do nothing seems to work. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong because I've watched both videos and so far nothings has done anything. Please help me!

Rambo388

Rambo388

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok here is my question. I play this game offline and don't have the dlc would I still be able to do this glitch with 1.0 patch or is it only for the new patch

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

To thy own self be true
Reaction score
Sin$
I really can't get this to work on ps4. Every time I get the menu stack thing I never hear the scrap sound. No matter what I do nothing seems to work. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong because I've watched both videos and so far nothings has done anything. Please help me!

Once you get the rhythm it works a charm and doubles each time. This may sound weird but the rhythm is kind of like "ba-dum tsss" As in Square then X very fast a slight pause then Circle. Square is ba. X is Dum, Circle is Tsss. Follow that rhythm and it might well work.

Ok here is my question. I play this game offline and don't have the dlc would I still be able to do this glitch with 1.0 patch or is it only for the new patch

if you are unpatched (before patch 1.3) you can do the dogmeat dupe glitch and the old workshop glitch.

Rambo388

Rambo388

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I've been doing those but your method seemed to double and I can't never get dog meat to double he always has a rand few that won't stack but thanks for the answer and when I can test I'll let y'all know

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
On Xbox One - Left middle finger on X button, left index finger on the A button, right index finger on the B button. Roll from the left to the right leaving virtually no space in between the clicks. Works a charm.

Bear in mind that after 60,000 of each resource, the game begins to lag slightly so it might be wise doing this over 3 or 4 settlements to ensure you have a vast amount of resources in the event of this being patched. Then obviously when it is, just transfer the resources and use the last strong back perk to get around the map.

---Speculation---

Haven't tried it yet but I'm going to see if this works with weapons too, or if it just scraps them. If it's essentially a duplication glitch for any item that can be scrapped for resources then it might be worth trying doing it to Technical Documents for Proctor Ingram, if they can be at all scrapped - assuming it's 'cloth' off the top of my head. It's all dependant though on whether the items will be scrapped in the process of doing the 'X,A,B thing' or if the item will transfer into the workshop in tact. Can't imagine you being able to do it for meds/drugs or ammo, however.

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Can confirm that it's only 'resource-based' items you can duplicate with this one - so as ineffective as they are in comparison to having steel or plastic, you could potentially have a 10,000 desk fans if you really want...

Anything considered 'Junk' would work with this exploit and I think 'Technical Documents' are considered 'Misc.' in your inventory? No weapons, no clothes, no meds or drugs. Lots and lots and lots of fertilizer though. Tons. Combined with plastic is Jet so there's the potential for infinite caps as before. Bone works as well. Bloodsacs, Yao Gaui Meat, Deathclaw Hands and so on, I think, are considered 'Aid' in your inventory so won't work. Ammo definitely (and unfortunetly) doesn't work but if rumours are anything to go by then nothing is stopping you from stocking up on bullet based resources like lead in case you're able to make your own ammo at some point.

Sheriff McLaw Dog

Sheriff McLaw Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can confirm that it's only 'resource-based' items you can duplicate with this one - so as ineffective as they are in comparison to having steel or plastic, you could potentially have a 10,000 desk fans if you really want...

Anything considered 'Junk' would work with this exploit and I think 'Technical Documents' are considered 'Misc.' in your inventory? No weapons, no clothes, no meds or drugs. Lots and lots and lots of fertilizer though. Tons. Combined with plastic is Jet so there's the potential for infinite caps as before. Bone works as well. Bloodsacs, Yao Gaui Meat, Deathclaw Hands and so on, I think, are considered 'Aid' in your inventory so won't work. Ammo definitely (and unfortunetly) doesn't work but if rumours are anything to go by then nothing is stopping you from stocking up on bullet based resources like lead in case you're able to make your own ammo at some point.

I'm going to have the most comfortable selletment in the wasteland.

Fans, cigars, cigarettes, beers and liquor.

Suits and Dresses for everyone, and you know they all gotta match.

L

Ldej

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is working on ps4, it works when you press each button one after another really fast using 3 fingers to make it easier

GodSlam

GodSlam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For anyone looking to earn XP, duplicating copper and making statues is still a pretty easy thing to do.

If anyone has a faster suggestion, please let me know.

secretman7100

secretman7100

Reaction score
Sin$
For anyone looking to earn XP, duplicating copper and making statues is still a pretty easy thing to do.

If anyone has a faster suggestion, please let me know.
I duplicate the resources for Molotov and make a bunch of those.

GodSlam

GodSlam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did that one too fast once and froze my game. That is a better choice because you can sell the cocktails though.

Top Bottom
Login
Register