What's new

Discussion Duck Shine 3 (my new Keyboard) Personal Opinion.

Yukina

Yukina

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey I got this new keyboard it's called Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 Mech Keyboard, with Blue LEDs, and has Cherry Blue switches, I have only had it for all of 4 hours. And I already love typing with it, It just feels so natural. And it doesnt feel like its going to break... But it is a bit wieghty for a keyboard at 1.4kg.
To be really honest i didn't know weather to buy it or not, but then i thought f*** it, I love blue LEDs and was told that Cherry Blues were decent for gaming. So i purchased it for roughly $149.00, and it is my only Christmas Present and i'm okay with that, Another reason i got it is because of the modes it has with the LEDs, It plays Snake, Waves and Ripples (Ripple when you touch a key and it ripples as if you had dropped a rock in a pond) and others that I can't think of off the top of my Head.

DS3ftr-ftr.jpg

middlebit.jpg

DK9008S3-BL-BOT.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
The ducky keyboards are nice. I bought a Shine Zero a while back with MX blue switches and blue LEDs. I wasn't really sure if I wanted a mech keyboard or not but I bit the bullet and gave it a shot. It feels so nice to use and is easy to type on. Also I found it helps type quicker when you learn the actuation forces and don't bottom out every key. You kind of just skim your fingers across the keyboard and it feels very nice.

The only issue I had was the noise with the MX blues. I wasn't able to use it at night when there were other people in the residence, but that was back when I bottomed out every stroke.

I find it hard using my laptop keyboard now haha!

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Way too expensive imo. Ill stick to my cheap 25£ keyboard

Lol at the picture with the keyboard feet, its not like theyre the same feet in every keyboard :rolleyes:

Even with that said, i hope you enjoy your purchase OP

Yukina

Yukina

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha, Thanks. And yeah well this is my first kinda long ish post, :biggrin:

Yukina

Yukina

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The ducky keyboards are nice. I bought a Shine Zero a while back with MX blue switches and blue LEDs. I wasn't really sure if I wanted a mech keyboard or not but I bit the bullet and gave it a shot. It feels so nice to use and is easy to type on. Also I found it helps type quicker when you learn the actuation forces and don't bottom out every key. You kind of just skim your fingers across the keyboard and it feels very nice.

The only issue I had was the noise with the MX blues. I wasn't able to use it at night when there were other people in the residence, but that was back when I bottomed out every stroke.

I find it hard using my laptop keyboard now haha!

Haha yeah!, the keys feel so nice to type on, I know what you mean about the noise they are super loud but that's kind the appeal for me... I have a Logitech G15 and the only reason i stopped using that was because the keys weren't very responsive anymore and I didn't really know if i was pressing the key down hard enough :tongue:, so i would have typos everywhere..... I'm still getting used to this keyboard but i can tel that there will be a very long time to get to know it because of how sturdy and rigid it feels!, I feel like i could drop it off of my roof and there wouldn't be a scratch :biggrin:, and yeah i know whhat you mean about bottoming out every stroke because that is all im doing right now as i am typing this :biggrin:.......... Not many products you buy now days have a good solid feel to it. They always feel like cheap plastic-y **** .
With cheaper keyboards i feel you are always having to fix something on it but i can tell this keyboard will be great for a long time to come :biggrin:!

itzmeluigi

itzmeluigi

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Congrats on the purchase, Duckys are built like tanks and are well worth the price. Its impossible to go back to using a standard keyboard :biggrin: Once you have the board for a few weeks you'll automatically get used to the actuation point.

Yukina

Yukina

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Congrats on the purchase, Duckys are built like tanks and are well worth the price. Its impossible to go back to using a standard keyboard :biggrin: Once you have the board for a few weeks you'll automatically get used to the actuation point.

Haha yeah, I'm really happy with this purchase probably one of my better ones!
Not to long ago I bougth a TTe Sports Keyboard.... It wasn't mechanical or anything but i had fun with it for a $50 Keyboard :smile: It felt like a Laptop keyboard and almost mechanical because the keys were really responsive and felt decent to use :smile:....
As for it not being backlit or anything i found it quite hard to use at night with the lights off, but i could always turn the lights on :tongue:. I guess what im trying to say is that without it being backlit it would tend to strain my eyes in the dark and with the light on I'd forget what time of day it is because the light in my room is Fluorescent making it quite bright :tongue:.

Yukina

Yukina

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, what are my thought's on the keyboard after a year? Not much has changed! The keyboard has never missed a beat, even when I rage at CSGO or League. One little problem I guess I have with it is the fact it sits so high off of the desk and after a while of use it can start to fatigue your wrists.

Other than that no real problems with it other then the occasional "Crash" where i'd press multiple function keys at once and it would reset the Keyboard :tongue:

Would I recommend the Keyboard?
Definitely, If you're in the market for a well made Keyboard with blue LEDs/ Cherry blues.

Is it Affordable?
Not really, for what it offers you could buy many other keyboards, but will they have the same build quality as the ducky? I doubt it.

How are the keys holding up?
Surprisingly well, almost no wear and tear even after constant use for gaming and typing, the keyboard (Besides being a bit dusty) Looks as good as the day I bought it, probably due to the Matte paint/finish of the keyboard.

Although there is nothing wrong with this keyboard at all, I am getting a little bored of Cherry blue switches and would like to try out cherry mx Red, I've used my brothers Corsair Keyboard with Cherry MX reds/ Cherry Reds and they feel amazing especially if you're into gaming more than you are typing.

Thanks for reading
-byFlaws

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I almost bought the Ducky Shine Mini myself. I ended up getting a corsair keyboard, though.

Maybe next time, though!

Nice review, too. :3

Yukina

Yukina

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I almost bought the Ducky Shine Mini myself. I ended up getting a corsair keyboard, though.

Maybe next time, though!

It honestly is a great keyboard ( all be it a Little expensive) they come in more switches then just blues but they're what I bought because I thought I'd love the feedback, It does get a little loud at times but the switches still feel new. :smile: and I hope you enjoy your Corsair as I know my brother does :tongue:

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
It honestly is a great keyboard ( all be it a Little expensive) they come in more switches then just blues but they're what I bought because I thought I'd love the feedback, It does get a little loud at times but the switches still feel new. :smile: and I hope you enjoy your Corsair as I know my brother does :tongue:
I'm enjoying my keyboard. The main reason I bought it was because it was silver, and goes with most of my other stuff (monitor, case, etc). I was also considering a Das Keyboard, but they don't have backlights, which I'd rather have than not.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Maybe next time, though!

I love the look of the new ducky mini. I don't know if I could choose between the ducky mini or the pok3r.

Yukina

Yukina

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love the look of the new ducky mini. I don't know if I could choose between the ducky mini or the pok3r.
Personally I'd go with the Ducky mini just because I know the quality will be amazing.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd take a poker II over the Ducky mini any day of the week, let alone a pok3r. That will be something special.
Well, I'd still take the Ducky, but that's just my opinion. To each their own, right?

Top Bottom
Login
Register