What's new

Discussion Do NOT update your YouTube app to 6.0.13! (Android)

• Thread starter Criptek Shinobi
  • Start date
  • Views 2,816
Criptek Shinobi

Criptek Shinobi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys, I'm making this to warn people about the catastrophic changes Google are making to Android and their Apps such as YouTube.

After updating to YouTube's latest version (6.0.13) I have come across a number faults and bugs that are expected in every new update, however the last update had the same issues and in this update you'd think they were resolved. No, instead with have more faults/bugs than ever before and to top it all off we have "new" layout.

The new layout isn't all that bad, but if I was you I'd stick to your current layout.

You may be wondering what sort of faults and bugs the latest version has, well here's some of them:

• Crashing video's (Loading screen when your watching your video)
• Internet connection problems (You'll be watching and suddenly disconnect from the video)
• Video's losing frame rate after the loading screen (the frame rate will drop making the video blurry or fuzzy)
• Sometimes a message saying "YouTube has stopped working"

These are the main bugs I'm experiencing, but others such as friends are receiving the issues. Yes I'm aware these issues have been in every update, but video's crashing and turning to a loading bar now happen around 8 times on a 10 minute video. Loss of frame rate, I've never experienced this problem on any other YouTube update, after the loading screen the video becomes fuzzy for around 20 seconds and then it go's back to normal.

I seriously recommend not updating the app if you haven't already, and maybe some you guys can help me out. Im on the Lollipop update right now and I can't stand it, how do I change back to KitKat? I have am LG Nexus 4. (Not rooted)

What do you guys think on the Lollipop update and how Google is changing their services?

Edit: These issues could be caused by the Lollipop update as my friend still has the KitKat update and his YouTube works fine with the new update. Just a thought.

Thanks for reading.
Shinobi.

Last edited:
F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
Too bad my app seems to automatically update whenever one is available. Nevertheless, still good 'patch notes' to read, thanks for that.

Criptek Shinobi

Criptek Shinobi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Too bad my app seems to automatically update whenever one is available. Nevertheless, still good 'patch notes' to read, thanks for that.
I have it turned off. Try going to your settings in either your Google Play Store, or your phone setting. There should be an option to turn it off, for example mine is turned on when I am connected to WiFi only, so it doesn't use more mobile data.

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
I have it turned off. Try going to your settings in either your Google Play Store, or your phone setting. There should be an option to turn it off, for example mine is turned on when I am connected to WiFi only, so it doesn't use more mobile data.
Perhaps that is also the reason why my battery dies so fast. Thanks for this, I will give it a try.

Ephemera

Ephemera

This is my part nobody else speak
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been using it before it was pushed to the Play Store. Works great. Haven't experienced a single issue mentioned above. It might just be your internet connection.

A

Always Got Kush

Kush Master
Reaction score
Sin$
Google Have Created Only Trash These Days.

Google +
Was The Worst Thing I Have Ever Seen.

Criptek Shinobi

Criptek Shinobi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been using it before it was pushed to the Play Store. Works great. Haven't experienced a single issue mentioned above. It might just be your internet connection.
Nothing to do with that mate. About 2 updates ago I had no problem at all. However I'm starting to think its to do with the Lollipop update. Everything was fine on the KitKat update.

Ephemera

Ephemera

Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing to do with that mate. About 2 updates ago I had no problem at all. However I'm starting to think its to do with the Lollipop update. Everything was fine on the KitKat update.
Mind posting a ping test?

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I regret having my apps auto-update, the UI looks like ****

Kevin

Kevin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ha, everything you listed I have the same issue. I quit using the app and just google youtube and run it under chrome because I never did like the app for a few reasons; now I really hate it.

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
App works fine, Android works fine. Stock 5.0.1

Criptek Shinobi

Criptek Shinobi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Speedtest.net, takes a ping, DL speed, UP speed, post results
Preferably pingtest.net
Ok. I did 3 tests with speedtest.net

------------------------------------------------------------------

Test 1.
Download - 18.41
Upload - 0.84
Ping - 11

Test 2.
Download - 16.75
Upload - 0.89
Ping - 13

Test 3.
Download - 18.72
Upload - 0.87
Ping - 12

Please let me know if these results are any decent, thanks in advance.

Kookie doe

Kookie doe

Hosting hotel lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I liked the old layout and 'tis pretty buggy.

Ephemera

Ephemera

Reaction score
Sin$

Test 1.
Download - 18.41
Upload - 0.84
Ping - 11

Test 2.
Download - 16.75
Upload - 0.89
Ping - 13

Test 3.
Download - 18.72
Upload - 0.87
Ping - 12

It could be from your upload speeds. At less than 1Mbps there won't be any bandwidth left if there are multiple users. Then again others seem to be complaining and you said it worked fine before so I'm guessing it depends on the device. It's working perfectly for some and terrible for others.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Test 1.
Download - 18.41
Upload - 0.84
Ping - 11

Test 2.
Download - 16.75
Upload - 0.89
Ping - 13

Test 3.
Download - 18.72
Upload - 0.87
Ping - 12

Definitely nothing wrong with your ping

Criptek Shinobi

Criptek Shinobi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Definitely nothing wrong with your ping
It could be from your upload speeds. At less than 1Mbps there won't be any bandwidth left if there are multiple users. Then again others seem to be complaining and you said it worked fine before so I'm guessing it depends on the device. It's working perfectly for some and terrible for others.
I'm just thinking it could be to do with my device, new update but an old (2 Year) phone.

Top Bottom
Login
Register