• Thread starter DistortionX1957
  • Start date
  • Views 10,736
D

DistortionX1957

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well just like the title says. do not buy refurbished consoles from gamestop.
Went there the other day and purchased a refurb 360 Phat model with Jasper revision Motherboard.

When i got home and hooked it up i noticed that the fans kicked up about half way instantly which i found very WRONG since it is a Jasper(Kronos) odd right?
So i popped in MW3 and not even 15 mins of online play it locked up(froze).
turned it off and back on again. now this time it took about 30 mins to lock up.

At this point i know that this console is Not in working order so i decided to take a look inside.
cracked it open and.........................

Can anyone guess what i saw? ill tell you anyway.

First thing i noticed was that they had tapped into the dvd drives 5 volt PSU and connected to the fans.
thermal paste was all over the place. i mean EVERYWHERE.
Kapton tape was left behind. covering RAM chips and south-bridge. Those need air dude!!
X clamps were removed and replaced with big *** bolts and washers.

So gamestop really does a crappy job when it comes to repairing consoles.
it looked so bad inside and the reflow job was so horrible, i can def see that they used a heat gun and not a rework station. and i know this because some time ago i used to use a heat gun and even the oven trick so i know damn well what it looks like. Caps were all expanded and flux all over the place.

I really wish i had taken pics to prove it but i was in a hurry to return it and get my money back.

Though i can say this. i have bought quite a few pre owned 360 consoles from G.S. and every single one has worked perfect.

So i am sure most already know this but for those that don't.......
DO NOT BUY A REFURBISHED CONSOLE FROM GAMESTOP
purchase a pre owned console only.

11frog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not a problem, I don't buy anything from them, buy your console bundle for $10 and then sell each used game for $55

Sosa

Sosa

i been had polio
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I wouldn't trust gamestop in my city seeing as i've taken every console banned system to them for money.

boodaddy

boodaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I have a MW3 320GB console and called them to ask how much would they give for a trade in for an Xbox one. They said $50 bucks lol.... I said WHATTTT???? He said there computer can't differentiate between limited editions, and regular consoles.

Total rip off. Glad you were able to return it being opened.

Top Bottom
Login
Register