What's new

Do any of you buy games on disc anymore?

• Thread starter Holy Jesus
  • Start date
  • Views 803
Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally since making the move to PC gaming I love steam and the cheap games that come along with it. However living in a somewhat rural area downloading games can be quite a pain. For instance, I have a 200GB data cap per month, and my download speed is topped out at around 8mb/s. I struggle to get over 1000kb/s transfer rate from steam and origin because the closest servers are pretty far away.

I am considering buying some of the newer games that are large on disc so that I don't have to wait 24 hours and chew up all of my data. Games like BF4 and Max Payne 3 which are around the 25-30GB mark just aren't worth downloading to me.

Does anyone else buy the odd game on disc and how do you manage to keep your digital and physical games organized in an easy to use fashion?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I try and get the physical copy still since I love the new game smell. The only thing that keeps me from getting them are the deals on new games.

Link

Link

I had eggs for breakfast, Your Mum had Sausage.
Programmer Contest Sponsor Services
Reaction score
Sin$
If possible i'll get it on disc.

xxXtReMeZzz

xxXtReMeZzz

Respect the Cosby. Cosby rules all.
Hardened Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I get cheap games on disc, otherwise i get them digitally.

Sobriquet

Sobriquet

Banned
Retired
Bright Idea End of the Year 2014 Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm too lazy when it comes to PC, digital all the way. Eventually I clear out my game list so I can make room for more games to play, I also keep my torrents on an external so I have a lot of space, and DL times are no issue for me since I DL at great times and they get done in a very short time.

Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I will, especially on more retro games that you can pick up for a few quid.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Digital only for me... I hate dealing with discs.

ner0

ner0

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If the price difference is not significant I get everything on disc. Love having physicals of everything. It is notable with a lot of games especially later in the life cycle (if you uninstall/re install down the line or it's an older title) big patches are still gonna eat up data

Zuke

Zuke

Curb Appeal.
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Up i get a few, but not many. if im in my mothers house i will

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
If I can get the physical copy for a great deal then sure. But usually I just buy digital.

Tom Joad

Tom Joad

White Whale, Holy Grail
Grammar Nazi Experienced Veteran Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Nah, haven't bought a disc in a few years. To begin with, I had an xkey for my 360, so I got all my games from other... sources. Now that I'm on PC, Steam usually serves me right with my digital content.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
I love digital, screw getting them physical. They're much easier to manage when they're digital like on steam.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
I buy as disk if it's a day 1 release game and as digital during the almighty sales and humble bunduru. 
I love digital, screw getting them physical. They're much easier to manage when they're digital like on steam.

Most disks activate on steam regardless so you have that too. You can for example just activate serial and bam, disk and digital copy :wink:

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree that collecting digital games is far easier and more convenient but unfortunately Australia's third world telecommunication infrastructure prevents this from being a fully pleasurable experience.

f*** you Tony Abbott!

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I just get digital because it's much cheaper than physical.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
I buy as disk if it's a day 1 release game and as digital during the almighty sales and humble bunduru. 

Most disks activate on steam regardless so you have that too. You can for example just activate serial and bam, disk and digital copy :wink:
I still like the fact of it being instant minus a person's download speed. However, the resell value is non existent with virtual items over physical ones.

Thresh

Thresh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I still like the fact of it being instant minus a person's download speed. However, the resell value is non existent with virtual items over physical ones.
Alot of physical games come with a serial code which you have to use on an account. Without the serial the disc aren't worth anything

Top Bottom
Login
Register