What's new

Tutorial [DIY tutorial] Matrix SPI nand flasher upgrade to CPLD (coolrunner/glitch chip) programmer

• Thread starter JoinTheResistance
  • Start date
  • Views 166,369
V

vaggelis gol

Reaction score
Sin$
Lk1 is bridged ,btw if there is a problem with STBY_CLK , can't i just desolder the B point and make lk1 open ?(will it work?)

Last edited:
V

vaggelis gol

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey , so I tried the crystal , desoldered the B point from cr3 lite and it started , it didn't boot into xell however , do i need to solder the B point R3B15 or can i just leave it as it is? , could you suggest jumper configurations for trinity or i'll have to do it through trial and error?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey , so I tried the crystal , desoldered the B point from cr3 lite and it started , it didn't boot into xell however , do i need to solder the B point R3B15 or can i just leave it as it is? , could you suggest jumper configurations for trinity or i'll have to do it through trial and error?
The chip needs some sort of a clock in order to work. Option one is to short LK1 and connect the B point. Option two is to use the built in crystal, by leaving LK1 open and not connecting the B point. I'm not sure how well that will work, but it's worth the try.

V

vaggelis gol

Reaction score
Sin$
also , when it is not blinking the fan speed is increased but still no signal

R

RM1993

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi when I try to program a rev c chip I get a not detected error in the Gui? What would you recommend doing to fix? Thanks

V

vaggelis gol

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried soldering the B point to R3B15 (I didn't exactly soldered it but i took a needle and soldered the wire to it) , the xbox has he same problem it had the first time , it does not open , without it opens and when it is open and i try to put the needle to B it stops working . Also i cannot see the guide you sent because i have no permission (that's what it says)

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Also i cannot see the guide you sent because i have no permission (that's what it says)
You need to login or register first.
I tried soldering the B point to R3B15 (I didn't exactly soldered it but i took a needle and soldered the wire to it) , the xbox has he same problem it had the first time , it does not open , without it opens and when it is open and i try to put the needle to B it stops working .
That's with the on-board crystal disabled, correct? 
Hi when I try to program a rev c chip I get a not detected error in the Gui? What would you recommend doing to fix? Thanks
Check and make sure everything is connected properly and that the voltage on VCC is 3.3V.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
I am logged in
yep , crystal is off
Hmm, strange. Anyway, here are the files and here is the install diagram. Just remember to enable the crystal, match the points to the apropriate points on your chip and to solder the VCC and GND.

V

vaggelis gol

Reaction score
Sin$
what do i have to do with muffin , program the cr3 lite ? are they timing files? the diagram is for matrix glitcher so what do i do with cr3 lite

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
what do i have to do with muffin , program the cr3 lite ? are they timing files? the diagram is for matrix glitcher so what do i do with cr3 lite
Yes, they are timing files. As I said in my previous post, match the points to your chips.

R

RM1993

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi thanks for the quick reply, i have been following a tutorial to rgh a phat jasper and it showed the chip being programmed whilst being installed, I only get 3.3v when it is in the NOR position? When it is in PRG there is only 0.67v? Am i doing something wrong or is it my soldering? Thanks
Edit - I have used the alternative points for my 400 ohm resistor and now have 3.3v on the vcc point but it is still not being detected? DonI need to desolder the wires connecting it to the board?

Last edited:
V

vaggelis gol

Reaction score
Sin$
do i need to desolder the other wires and leave only these 3 or just replace them?
in muffin there are 2 folders (48 and 100 Mhz) which one do i use?
do i need to reprogram cr3 or if it does not work as it is?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
do i need to desolder the other wires and leave only these 3 or just replace them?
in muffin there are 2 folders (48 and 100 Mhz) which one do i use?
do i need to reprogram cr3 or if it does not work as it is?
Yes, desolder the extra wires, but leave VCC and GND. Use the 48MHz ones, unless you have a 100MHz crystal. And yes you need to program it with the files from the 48MHz folder.

T

TSARIVAN

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! I have not modificied MTX Nand Flasher v 1.0, Matrix Glitcher V.3. How program it?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! I have not modificied MTX Nand Flasher v 1.0, Matrix Glitcher V.3. How program it?
It's in the tutorial, but you need to modify your matrix nand flasher first.

Top Bottom
Login
Register