DevKits, Xecuter Fusion 1.0.7, Xbox 360 SDK, and Getting It All To Work

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by InhumaneArtist, Jun 4, 2012 with 0 replies and 737 views.

1. InhumaneArtist

InhumaneArtist Newbie

Hi all,

I recently RGH'd my Falcon Xbox 360 and I've been trying to figure out how to get Xecuter's Fusion 1.0.7 to work while trying to figure out how to use the Microsoft Xbox 360 SDK. One of my primary problems is that I don't have a working DVD drive for my Falcon, so I have been trying to figure out how to install the Fusion files to my Xbox HDD manually. People have told me to simply copy the "Firmware" folder to the partition 3 (root) of my Xbox HDD. I've done this, and I get Fusion to load and run everything, but I can't seem to get the specifics to work well.

The first time I installed Fusion, everything seemed to work smoothly. The boot animation was in its correct position, I networked my Xbox successfully through reboots and other things, and it worked the way it was supposed to. I ended up re-flashing my Xbox and reformatting my HDD via the Xbox dash. However, when I went to reinstall Fusion, I did the same as I did before, except now the boot animation is slightly offset to the left. Also, once I set my networking settings, Xbox 360 Neighborhood will only recognize the Xbox the first time I click apply. If I disconnect or reboot, I will have to apply the settings again (even though the Xbox shows the previously-established settings). I don't know whether this is a problem with the Flash, HDD, or what. I just need to know how to do a full uninstall and full reinstall of Fusion. How do I completely re-format my HDD, I don't think that formatting via the dash works to remove the development partitions from the HDD along with the settings from the previous installation.

Furthermore, the reason I chose to uninstall Fusion in the first place was because I could not figure out how to get XEX files to show up on the UI in the first place. Where are you supposed to place XEX files in Xbox 360 Neighborhood to get them to show up on the Dev Menu? In Xbox 360 Neighborhood, the HDD is split up into many partitions such as FIRMWARE, FLASH, SYSEXT, DevKit Drive, etc. Which partition and where in that partition do I put files for things like XeXMenu or XEXs for games? When I placed the XEXs directly on say the DevKit Drive partition, they did not show up on the menu, I could never get an XEX or folder or anything to show up in the DevUI.

I just want to figure out how to completely uninstall Fusion, completely reinstall Fusion, and how to use the SDK to get XEXs to show up and enable me to perform other DevKit processes.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!