What's new

Discussion Details on Exclusive Content for Returning GTAV Players on PS4, Xbox One and PC

• Thread starter michster053
  • Start date
  • Views 4,461
NZXT

NZXT

Planet Express Delivery Boy
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, looking forward to all of this.

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I've edited the post to make it more appealing since words didn't match up with pictures and it was all a mess.

GeneralUserName

GeneralUserName

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well its settled, I have to get a ps4. Was there whole plan to make it that much better on the new consoles the whole time? It always seemed there was so much potential and they were holding back for new Gen versions. I'm excited to see how this game develops and see if it really takes off now.

R

Rowter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well its settled, I have to get a ps4. Was there whole plan to make it that much better on the new consoles the whole time? It always seemed there was so much potential and they were holding back for new Gen versions. I'm excited to see how this game develops and see if it really takes off now.

I still see it as us on the PS3 and 360 paid to be beta testers for the PS4/XBone

H

henryborked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's nice to see all these updates for GTAV. But what part of it will be available for GTAO? They don't specifically state what is for offline and which items will be available for GTAO.

u wot m8

u wot m8

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash (original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade)

hqdefault.jpg

VANAGON

VANAGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's nice to see all these updates for GTAV. But what part of it will be available for GTAO? They don't specifically state what is for offline and which items will be available for GTAO.

Im thinking the guns, dukes, monster truck, will definitely be purchaseable online, idk about the stock cars though.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash (original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade)

hqdefault.jpg

i dont get it,
how do they know if u have the dlc ?

do they check if u just had the car before ?
if yes
hqdefault.jpg

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm assuming it's linked to your account on each platform.

each account ?
but the transfer is linked to ur social club account and u NEED a social club account to transfer so how will SOCIAL club know if u got it or not ?

Ryse

Ryse

Normal is boring.
Reaction score
Sin$
If played on 360 will I get the bonus content if I switch to PC ?

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you only make the GTA Online character progress transfer once?
If I transfer my GTA Online character to the new systems, will I still be able to play with him/her on my PS3 or Xbox 360?

Yes, you will only be able to transfer your character once. After transferring your character to PS4, Xbox One or PC, you can continue playing with him/her on your PS3 or Xbox 360 but the progress you make while playing is not shared to the character you transferred to your new version.
I knew this would happen. So basically once you transfer to Xbox One, Playstation 4 or PC, you have two separate accounts basically. So if you go back to Xbox 360 to say, play with a friend who doesn't own an Xbox One, anything you did on Xbox One won't be there. Kind of sucks but oh well.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Scorsese

Scorsese

Best Director
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh god that first picture with the massive Yacht brings back the days of TBOGT can't wait to get hammered on that ship and land my bottle filled Buzzard on the landing pad.

R

Rowter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I knew this would happen. So basically once you transfer to Xbox One, Playstation 4 or PC, you have two separate accounts basically. So if you go back to Xbox 360 to say, play with a friend who doesn't own an Xbox One, anything you did on Xbox One won't be there. Kind of sucks but oh well.

I can understand why, they are going to have to use completely different cloud servers and transferring back from "next gen/PC" to "old Gen" will likely cause all sorts of errors and data mismatches.

Ive been working on a 2nd character so I can transfer that over and still have my main one on the PS3 for now.

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I can understand why, they are going to have to use completely different cloud servers and transferring back from "next gen/PC" to "old Gen" will likely cause all sorts of errors and data mismatches.

Ive been working on a 2nd character so I can transfer that over and still have my main one on the PS3 for now.
Well I plan on playing on Xbox One a lot more than 360 anyways. The reasoning I think behind the "one-time transfer" and the fact that it doesn't transfer back from next-gen is because of modded lobbies. There are modded lobbies on Xbox 360 so basically if you transfer your character and then get into a modded lobby on Xbox 360, it won't go to next-gen since you've already transferred.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So basically you'd be a rank 1 with no cash or houses?

R

Rowter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I plan on playing on Xbox One a lot more than 360 anyways. The reasoning I think behind the "one-time transfer" and the fact that it doesn't transfer back from next-gen is because of modded lobbies. There are modded lobbies on Xbox 360 so basically if you transfer your character and then get into a modded lobby on Xbox 360, it won't go to next-gen since you've already transferred.

There will be more entries in the database for like the new guns etc and as they wont be on PS3/360 it could cause errors and accounts being wiped. Its purely for ease of support by R*.

Top Bottom
Login
Register