What's new

Solved Curious about this Dvar I found in a dump..

X

XeDragHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So back on COD4/WAW/MW2 you could disconnect a client and follow it with com_errorMessage which gives you the option to kick a client with a custom error message..

I started looking through dumps to see if I could find the same dvar on bo2 but I can't..
What I did find though is:
ui_errorMessage 0x0294E8C8
ui_errorMessageDebug 0x0294E938

Has anyone else tested either of these before?
Would anyone know if these would have the same effect as the dvar from above for older cods?

Before you go and tell me to test it myself, I can't until later this afternoon and wanted to get some input from the community before I put to much thought into it.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
SSL

SSL

Pepe Le Pew
Frame In Gold Free Hoster Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sure it's just a popup error message, could possibly work with kicking people and since bo2 allows colors with the ^ character it could be fun. Give it a try :smile:

Upvote 0
C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's possible. I don't think anyone really tried to work with error messaging yet. Give it a try and let us know.

Upvote 0
X

XeDragHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sure it's just a popup error message, could possibly work with kicking people and since bo2 allows colors with the ^ character it could be fun. Give it a try :smile:
Exactly what I was thinking, i'll give it a try later and reply back with results.
I haven't seen anyone use it before anywhere which is why i'm a bit skeptical about it..

Upvote 0
C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly what I was thinking, i'll give it a try later and reply back with results.
I haven't seen anyone use it before anywhere which is why i'm a bit skeptical about it..

If it's a dvar that replaced com_errorMessage, it should function the same way.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register