• Thread starter Marc the Robot
  • Start date
  • Views 670
Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So I've downloaded the Nuka World DLC for the Xbox One and have had nothing but problems since starting it up - consistency more than anything. I've managed to get through some of the DLC but in the past few hours I haven't even been able to start up the game from the Menu.

I'll load it up
Wait to see the Power Armour at the Red Rocket garage
As soon as I click any button to get the Menu up, just at the point the menu is supposed to appear, it CTD's on me.

I've tried the steps on other forums:

1. Hard restart - done.
2. Clear reserved space - done.
3. Restart Xbox/save games and apps from the 'Settings' menu - done

Obviously I haven't been able to check if there is a 'Mod' conflict because I can't even get into my 'Mods' menu before the game crashes.

Put simply, my game is broken for the time being, and it has been since downloading the Nuka World DLC.

Any suggestions that don't involve me re-downloading the game and starting again from scratch without any saves?

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I've downloaded the Nuka World DLC for the Xbox One and have had nothing but problems since starting it up - consistency more than anything. I've managed to get through some of the DLC but in the past few hours I haven't even been able to start up the game from the Menu.

I'll load it up
Wait to see the Power Armour at the Red Rocket garage
As soon as I click any button to get the Menu up, just at the point the menu is supposed to appear, it CTD's on me.

I've tried the steps on other forums:

1. Hard restart - done.
2. Clear reserved space - done.
3. Restart Xbox/save games and apps from the 'Settings' menu - done

Obviously I haven't been able to check if there is a 'Mod' conflict because I can't even get into my 'Mods' menu before the game crashes.

Put simply, my game is broken for the time being, and it has been since downloading the Nuka World DLC.

Any suggestions that don't involve me re-downloading the game and starting again from scratch without any saves?
Is this still an issue for you? If so, have you tried uninstalling Nuka World and reinstalling it again?

Upvote 0
Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this still an issue for you? If so, have you tried uninstalling Nuka World and reinstalling it again?

Sorry I should have updated the thread. Apologies for the wall of text.

Basically, I did everything I could think of when it came to uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and my profile. The only resolution I had for this problem (and others might have too) is deleting everything - by everything I mean 'Saved Games'. Saved games from HDD and from Cloud. In order for me to play Fallout 4 post-Nuka World was to start again from scratch - hours worth, days worth, months worth of builds (both character and settlements) gone in a matter of seconds, and not even bother to touch the Nuka World DLC. I had 2 characters that were 'unmodded' - glitched, true, but not modded - both over level 160, gone, and I can't be bothered to start from scratch again knowing what mods can do to make the game easier to get into.

How this problem actually occurred - I've been playing consoles since I was a kid and with every single one I've had, they've always said never to turn the console off when the game is saving. Never understood why but the fact I've seen it on every console signifies to me at least that it's important you don't do that. When it comes to Nuka World, I found that it Crashed to Dashboard when entering/leaving a certain part of the game. Problem being that entering/leaving areas often Autosaves the game, so by default the game was doing what, for years, games have told me not to do, and I found that turning auto-save off often resolved this issue.

So...

One can only imagine that a large part of the problem when it comes to Nuka World is 'Mod Compatibility' and the fact that a lot of developers didn't seem to/Bethesda didn't consider how pre-existing mods may affect the game play post-DLC installation. Until both parties see this, the Nuka World DLC is useless for me unless I turn off all of my mods, which I don't want to do purely because I enjoy them, and if Bethesda didn't want me to enjoy them then they should never have allowed the capabilities in the first place. What mods specifically are causing issues, I have no idea, but reading around forums most people seem to point towards 'Level Up' mods ('Cheat Menu' holotape being the main one) and 'non-Vanilla settlement' mods (Snap n Build being the main culprit).

Word to PS4 users - it's ok for me to say this having played mods and enjoyed them since the day I was able to use them, but the amount they affect gameplay on my Xbox... you're not missing a lot and you're probably enjoying the game more than I am anyway.

In conclusion, what I basically have is a paid-for DLC (Nuka World) that serves to this game like a nasty tumour that - though benign, could flare up in any second, that I don't want to mess around with more out of fear that anything I do to it might affect me on a more general level. I've found that you can still play Fallout 4 but not with Nuka World, so I've just left it there as a map marker waiting t be explored when the game itself has more updates or more of the mods I have say in the description 'Nuka World Compatible'.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register