What's new

Compare your modding days from MW2 - BO3, Whats Changed?

• Thread starter iUseFreeboot x
  • Start date
  • Views 3,858

How much has changed since the modding days of MW2?

• F*** All

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Gotten Easier IMO

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Meh still lame

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Alot harder, now that the real time coders such as CraigChrist has left...

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Whats the Point

Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters
J

jarredthegreat

Reaction score
Sin$
the nand has been dumped though so im guessing its only a matter of time

Fred Xe

Fred Xe

Rgh & Kv Seller
Reaction score
Sin$
2008 = Golden age of modding in 7th gen consoles
2015 = R.I.P 7th gen console modding
2016 = PS4 get's hacked
2017 = 8th gen modding awareness begins, big ban wave on CFW PS4's
2018 = Xbox one get's hacked
2019 = All hacks get patched
2020 = New security systems launch against modding
2021 = New unpatchable hack for both consoles
2022 = Modding advances, figuring out how to go online without ban
2023 = stealth required

That's how i think it will go for 7/8th gen modding tbh.
Ps4 Expliot was releases 3 days ago just saying lol 
so it wont be long before ps4 will be jailbroken my guess is by early February at the rate they are going now

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been modding CoD games since CoD4 so I guess I'll weigh in here:

2 major differences I see. First off, the community is alot dumber. Back in CoD4/WaW days, everyone was reversing trying to look for new mods. Everyone had to hex edit their profile to mod it, as there was no profile editing tools to give you mods in CoD. Now no one is reversing, it's all just copy and paste tools that poke memory. Granted JTAGs/RGHs/Devs make things alot easier, but then just about everybody had a retail.

Secondly is that the people actually reversing know alot more. I blame this on PDBs for CoD4, Bo1 and 2 and Ghosts being leaked. While the community is dumber, me and everyone I see actually still reversing knows much much more. If I could've reversed the game assets and FFs like I should have back then, I would've known every single thing there is to edit in the savegame/profile. I wish I could go back to then...

I don't go online with my dev so KVs and going online, like other people mentioning, I haven't really noticed.
tl;dr: Modders in general are ALOT dumber, but people actually making the mods are alot smarter.
EDIT: For example, this thread wouldn't have existed back in CoD4 days just for the simple fact that if anyone had free time to make a thread like this, they would've used that free time to try to find a new mod.

I came in during WaW/MW2 so idk about COD4

It was a lot more fun back then. My memory might be a little fuzzy but it seemed like every part of the community was pretty active, not some tools here, some lobbies there, but it was everywhere. I remember infections were just fun to mess around with in private matches with friends. Correct me if I'm wrong but back then it had more of a 'fun' feeling to everything, it wasn't about having an advantage over anyone but it was just fun to mess around with.

Elevators were the **** for a while, until the patch came in mw2. Speed lobbies, chipmunk lobbies, explosive bullet classes, gold desert eagle, 3 guns 4 perks, insane chopper gunners, unlimited ammo ac130s, walking ac130, nuke in care packages. and it sucks now because what made a lot of that stuff fun was that it was new. even if we 'ported' it, it would be fun for a week then nothing.

From a personal standpoint, but I'm sure more people agree, the games themselves were fun to play, it just added motivation to mod it. BO2 sorta brought that back for me, the gameplay was decent and i made some decent scripts for it, but not enough people playing when i started modding it. On BO3, I'll mod and play for a little bit, but it just stops being fun to even play, just cant get into it as much.

As Craig put it, there were more people looking. And the amount of stuff coming out showed it. During mw2, every week there was something new out.

SC58

SC58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Question: How to know when cod is dead?
Answer: When no one is hardly modding it.

Meaning no one is active with doing anything like posting new cheat or doing old school type stuff, time to move to another game and show what skills people truly have beside modding a pretty much open source video game :tongue:

All cod is is the same cheats different cod

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Also something else to add, the team that made cod4 and mw2 really MADE the games. Like they made everything flow together and just feel really fun, but if you'll remember, the infinity ward team was fired and the rest left out of loyalty to those who were fired. They went on to make titan fall and that game had the same familiar feeling.

lyub12

lyub12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was back in the day with CoD4/WaW. When people actually knew what they were doing and when there was not many people with JTAG's. But now it's filled with little kids;that leech, steal and think they can reverse. Their's no fun in it anymore lack of motivation and self-esteem due to people stealing your code or selling it for ridiculous amounts of money. Research was shared back then and not sold. I preferred cod4 & waw back in the day was the best two sold games and will always be my favorite. Like nazi zombies was just pure awesome without mods! You'd just wait for the next map release if I could go back to those days where I'd sit my whole school term on that game playing it till like 5am everyday getting my rank up or trying to get the highest round in zombies... man those days sure were good! But can't go back to the now, I don't like the call of duty's today due to copied sh*t it's all the same now 'futuristic' all the same sh*t since black ops 1.

Bring back the old times!! Where everything was actually researched and not leeched.

This probably didn't make no sense was just typing what was on my mind. ( Sorry for grammar, spelling and punctuation. ) 

KeyVaults will never run short trust me.

PREECH DUDE PREECH I FEEEL YOU

hoopzah

hoopzah

Reaction score
Sin$
Back then you didn't need stealth but KV prices were very high and they didn't last very long.
Once stealth was needed there was still no free method of going online (except for that one method around September 2012 I think)
2013 it was $10-20 a day to go online with stealth and there wasn't a lot of servers, offline files weren't really a thing (at least publicly) & KVs were usually at least $20+
Nowadays you find kids using Offline files or free servers & kv prices are really cheap (you can get them for like $7 now I think)
i get mine for $5 lmao

Cellular Web

Cellular Web

Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near.
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Back when I first started modding back in 2010 KV's were extremely expensive. $75-$100 and few people could get online. The majority of the people in the community actually put effort into it and not everyone leeched content. Modding isn't what it used to be, too many kids sealing and leaking content, without putting in or contributing anything to the community.

hoopzah

hoopzah

Reaction score
Sin$
Back when I first started modding back in 2010 KV's were extremely expensive. $75-$100 and few people could get online. The majority of the people in the community actually put effort into it and not everyone leeched content. Modding isn't what it used to be, too many kids sealing and leaking content, without putting in or contributing anything to the community.
I'm new to it all, and 80% of the tools ive seen are not even from the creators, just kids combining multi-cod tools with a GTA V Tool and are charging for it XD when all they done is combine the two into one menu

Cellular Web

Cellular Web

Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near.
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm new to it all, and 80% of the tools ive seen are not even from the creators, just kids combining multi-cod tools with a GTA V Tool and are charging for it XD when all they done is combine the two into one menu
This is the reason why I quit modding. There's no innovation. Barely anything new comes out now. Just the same **** in a different look.

hoopzah

hoopzah

Reaction score
Sin$
This is the reason why I quit modding. There's no innovation. Barely anything new comes out now. Just the same **** in a different look.
for me, I'm new to it all, so doesnt effect me too much

Top Bottom
Login
Register