What's new

Solved Capturing Xbox <-> Game Traffic

CPB

CPB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm an application developer and am looking at creating an API that can log in to a Xbox 360 game but have no experience of reverse engineering.

Basically what I need to develop the API is to capture the requests/traffic that get sent between the console and the game's servers so I can replicate them and was hoping that someone would be able to give me a nudge in the right direction as to how I might achieve this?

I'm assuming there's no program that can capture the requests as simply as the way something like fiddler catches network traffic?

V

V7X3

Worship the Digital Age
Reaction score
Sin$
Hint analogy: Think of the way that Tor runs their service. Each request a user sends is "pinged" or "bounced" from relay to relay/node to node, along with encryption. Now, the path between the exit node and the destination is unencrypted. Same would go for your local home connection, besides the random amount of various nodes of course.. but the same concept applies. You're trying to accomplish anonyminity towards the xbox so that it isn't "aware" of the proxy as an entity. Focus your thoughts on the node portion of the analogy, and think of how you could replicate that on your own connection. Think of how you could "ping" your data around and then relay it back to a local proxy server(which would provide the SSL decryption via a valid cert)

Last edited:
Y

Ypsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not necessarily, most games have one method for connecting to a server. You could probably just use HookFunctionStart on wherever the single method for connecting is and then patch the socket from there and if all goes well you can read everything clearly with Fiddler. Honestly though, at that point you might aswell just dump everything that is sent out to a bin on the HDD (obv each dump has its own bin) or send it to Watson for real time updates.

thanks, ,it works fine, hooked 2 function(send and recv) logged whole traffic, but have now another problem...
this game using tunnel to game Server, dont know how to create own.

Top Bottom
Login
Register