• Views 1,171
Status
Not open for further replies.
ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be a memory leak, or check when it runs what affinity it's running at within the control panel.
I feel as though if it was a memory leak Skyrim wouldn't run well though.

TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be a memory leak, or check when it runs what affinity it's running at within the control panel.

I feel as though if it was a memory leak Skyrim wouldn't run well though.

Just an update. After installing Bioshock, Skyrim is lagging in the same spurts as Bioshock is. FML.

Is this related to a memory leak issue? How would I fix it?

ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Just an update. After installing Bioshock, Skyrim is lagging in the same spurts as Bioshock is. FML.

Is this related to a memory leak issue? How would I fix it?
I'm pretty sure memory leak are only to the ram, so you would just have to replace the ram.

TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure memory leak are only to the ram, so you would just have to replace the ram.

Rebooted and Skyrim is running like normal again... it's seriously just Bioshock screwing things up. I have no idea why though.

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Bioshock recommends 2.4Ghz, that's your issue (not even mentioning the crappy gpu). The laptop is ****** for gaming.

ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Rebooted and Skyrim is running like normal again... it's seriously just Bioshock screwing things up. I have no idea why though.
Are you using the Direct X, the game tells you to? Other then that i'm out of ideas.
Z61 Z61 If he can play Skyrim this game shouldn't be to much of an issue, honestly yes his processor is pretty terrible.

TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bioshock recommends 2.4Ghz, that's your issue (not even mentioning the crappy gpu). The laptop is ****** for gaming.

Perhaps. I'm not really good with this so explain to me why it says the CPU is acceptable when its rating it higher than what I actually have. Just curious.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

CPU Speed
Minimum: 2.4 GHz
You Have: 1.7 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.98 GHz

ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Perhaps. I'm not really good with this so explain to me why it says the CPU is acceptable when its rating it higher than what I actually have. Just curious.

CPU Speed
This makes zero sense to me what so ever. Can I have a screenshot or something I understand what your saying I just wanna see this, so I can try to help more.

TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This makes zero sense to me what so ever. Can I have a screenshot or something I understand what your saying I just wanna see this, so I can try to help more.

It's all foreign to me, so I'm just trying to make sense of it.

iKzb7k5.png

Twn8enm.png

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$

CPU Speed
That site is awful, honestly. It doesn't do a good job of reading and comparing your information to what's needed at all.

ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly I have no clue how to help man, I'm confused on what's going on.

TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That site is awful, honestly. It doesn't do a good job of reading and comparing your information to what's needed at all.

Okay, there's something I can run with. The laptop is ******. But what makes Bioshock so much more demanding in comparison to Skyrim? The graphics are dated, and there's NOTHING demanding gameplay wise.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What BioShock is it? And no a torrent wouldn't effect the way the game plays, anyways did you try a fresh reboot and then lunching the game? As well as make sure your setting's aren't to high.
The Torrent Can Affect how a game runs.
I have everything at bare minimum in the options. Also, all requirements are met on the site except OS which has an (I) because it was made for XP/Vista.

Thanks for the help btw, I'll get back to you after I have Infinite up and running!
It is most Likely the OS. I have an win8 Box and it can't run fallout 3 without it crashing every 15 mins

ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, there's something I can run with. The laptop is ******. But what makes Bioshock so much more demanding in comparison to Skyrim? The graphics are dated, and there's NOTHING demanding gameplay wise.
There's nothing you can run it with that's gonna fix it..

TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The Torrent Can Affect how a game runs.

It is most Likely the OS. I have an win8 Box and it can't run fallout 3 without it crashing every 15 mins

Interesting. Haha, anywho I'm pretty much done trying to sort things out. 
Thanks for the help everyone, now take my likes you fools.

ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright well sorry for not gettig your issues resolved, better luck next time I guess.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried to run bioshock with a different compatibility pack?

ApexDesigns7S

ApexDesigns7S

10-24-13
Reaction score
Sin$
Yup. Vista and XP.
Honestly that was gonna be my last question and if that all didn't work then honestly man I have no ideas left to tell you, other then basics which is bump all the settings down to the lowest but you've tried that. So yeah i'm out of ideas man I'm sorry.

TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly that was gonna be my last question and if that all didn't work then honestly man I have no ideas left to tell you, other then basics which is bump all the settings down to the lowest but you've tried that. So yeah i'm out of ideas man I'm sorry.

No need to apologize lol. You tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register