What's new

Support can my r4i 3ds card be upgraded.

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this is my card

11394813-r4i-sdhc-3ds.jpg

i can find it on the r41-sdhc.com site but its not really clear whether is upgradeable. it says in config that it currently supports dsi. 1.44 3ds 4.4 etc.
the 3ds i have got is currently on software version 2.1.0-4E which wont play pretty much anything lol.
im not sure theres a way to update the ds system software without going to the latest one which is way past 4.4 or whether this cart can be flash upgraded to work with higher system versions.

i downloaded a file called fwUpdateAll_V7.00 from the aforementioned website and put it in the root of my sd card with the latest kernel however when i go into the upgrade section of my carts menu it just has info about my carts current version and no info on the new update file and no update button.
i can go into the games section and manually launch the fwUpdateAll_V7.00 file and it will load up and ask if i want to update but when i select yes it freezes every time at the message saying its erasing the device. it never goes further and i have to reboot the ds.
any help greatly appreciated

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
this is my card

11394813-r4i-sdhc-3ds.jpg

i can find it on the r41-sdhc.com site but its not really clear whether is upgradeable. it says in config that it currently supports dsi. 1.44 3ds 4.4 etc.
the 3ds i have got is currently on software version 2.1.0-4E which wont play pretty much anything lol.
im not sure theres a way to update the ds system software without going to the latest one which is way past 4.4 or whether this cart can be flash upgraded to work with higher system versions.

i downloaded a file called fwUpdateAll_V7.00 from the aforementioned website and put it in the root of my sd card with the latest kernel however when i go into the upgrade section of my carts menu it just has info about my carts current version and no info on the new update file and no update button.
i can go into the games section and manually launch the fwUpdateAll_V7.00 file and it will load up and ask if i want to update but when i select yes it freezes every time at the message saying its erasing the device. it never goes further and i have to reboot the ds.
any help greatly appreciated
The FW update isn't for your device than. You will need to get a new R4i for the latest 3ds update (8.1.0), and than update your 3ds

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
is there anyway to update the 3ds even to software version 4.4 without having to update to 8.10?

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
aww balls lol. thanks mate. so i have an older card that works but wont work with the newer system updates and this newer card
201348194521.jpg

that wont work at all and the site i bought it off arent responding.

seems to be more **** ones of these floating about the net than good ones. now i dunno where to order from in case i get the same crap again lol

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
aww balls lol. thanks mate. so i have an older card that works but wont work with the newer system updates and this newer card
201348194521.jpg

that wont work at all and the site i bought it off arent responding.

seems to be more **** ones of these floating about the net than good ones. now i dunno where to order from in case i get the same crap again lol
That's why it's better to just get a Supercard DStwo instead. You don't have to purchase a new one every time you update your system.

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its trying to find a decent seller in the uk. they all seem to ship from asia and dont bother answering emails if u have problems

J

jefffisher234

Reaction score
Sin$
its trying to find a decent seller in the uk. they all seem to ship from asia and dont bother answering emails if u have problems

Seem your card is old r4i sdhc 3ds, now its new version is r4i-sdhc 3ds rts card, can also work on the latest 3ds v8.1.0-19. And Red was right, if you're looking to save some money go for an dstwo card, it hasn't been blocked from it born, perfect updating. I've had one for 2-3 years now and it's still getting updates and working just fine with the newest firmware

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its a shame i cant pick the update version and update from a memory card the way you could from usb on xbox 360.

do some of the games not come with the system update required to play them on the cart? what if you dont have wifi to update lol?

Top Bottom
Login
Register