1. Think you have what it takes to join staff? Click here and check out the Staff thread to find out more information!
  2. Looking to spice up your game collection with a copy of the highly anticipated Bungie title Destiny? Hop on your ship and engage its hyper drive, this contest is going to be a heated one! Visit the contest by clicking here.
  3. Hello Guest, our very own Vanilla Minecraft Server is now up! Be sure to grab a few friends and check out the server here so that you guys can start your very own faction! Check it out HERE!

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Lag/Connection Fix! NO MORE Lag in BO2 Working Tutorial ! (Xbox,PS3,Wii U)

Discussion in 'BO2 Videos' started by TheDoodleSlap, Nov 22, 2012 with 15 replies and 18,191 views.

1. TheDoodleSlap

TheDoodleSlap Enthusiast

Anonamous likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf Zombies :D Diet Moderators

Easy fix: better ISP.
  3. VSVP

VSVP Se7en Psycho

I'll try it out, thanks
  4. JuicyJ

JuicyJ Enthusiast

So all u have to do is set ur Primary DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 AND the secondary to 8.8.8.4? Sorry im at work and couldnt listen to the sound
  5. Inver7ed

Inver7ed Getting There

correct
    thats what the video said to do
  6. IdisdainMyself

IdisdainMyself Enthusiast

That is correct.
  7. Inver7ed

Inver7ed Getting There

This video is actually in correct
    the second one should be 8.8.4.4

in case anyone is wondering these are the ip addresses to googles public dns server
    if you want to know what that means or how it works check out:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
  8. JuicyJ

JuicyJ Enthusiast

can someone confirm that this works?
    Edit: Can u use this world wide? or just america?
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  9. Inver7ed

Inver7ed Getting There

yes this works
    yes its world wide
  10. SiK SHoTSx

SiK SHoTSx Getting There

Google isn't always the best public DNS, depending on location and ISP another DNS may be better. If you're wanting to find the best public DNS for you I'd use Google's DNS benchmark, I can't remember the exact name but it's close to that. If you're interested just google it, I'll see if I can find a link to it. I use it everytime I move or change ISPs, granted I don't do either one of those frequently, it always seems to help my connection.

Edit: found it, it's called namebench, here's is the link to the Google code page. http://code.google.com/p/namebench/

I didn't watch the video, so it may have said this, but make sure you change the DNS on your router. If you change just the computers DNS it won't help your Xbox/PS3.
    TeOzMike likes this.
  11. dgN

dgN Enthusiast

So your saying that changing your DNS servers to google DNS will remove all lag?...
    That made me laugh :P
  12. boback

boback Newbie

just use namebench to get the best dns, and true it really depends on where you are.
  13. soynipon

soynipon Getting There

Damn, I'm sure DNS has nothing to do with lag. It depends on your ISP.
  14. YeahWah

YeahWah Newbie

So would changing the dns on the xbox matter since it's still going through the router? Should you update dns servers on your router and keep your xbox to automatic so it chooses your router by default? I feel like such a network noob but willing to try anything that helps no matter how little..
  15. Sacred Tricks

Sacred Tricks Newbie

so do i change my secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4 or 8.8.8.4, because according to google namebench its 8.8.4.4
  16. T Iz For Trauma

T Iz For Trauma USAF

Not always true. I have 25 download and 20 upload can't remember my ping ATM , but it's not bad. I'm living in Vegas. My friend in WV has dsl 3 dl and .5 upload. The point being I always 3 bar and he pulls host.