PS3 Bruteforce Help

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 Modding Support' started by Tugalou, Jul 7, 2013 with 15 replies and 3,003 views.

1. Tugalou

Tugalou Enthusiast

Let me start off with saying that I am new to the modding community and my first time on this website, so please give me complete idiot help. Thanks.

Okay, I downloaded all of the files and dependencies for modding Borderlands 2; Gibbed 179, Framenet 4, Bruteforce, Bruteforce dependencies, and Winrar to extract. I've looked at many tutorials on YouTube, and googled for an answer, but found none. When I plug in my USB with my BL2 save file I want to mod, the Save shows up, but I can't Decrypt or Encrypt it, the two main things I need to do. When I go to highlight the save, this error pops up:

pfdtool.exe -l "G:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS30982-SAVE-SAVE0002" file or command not found.

I've reinstalled Bruteforce, asked a few of my friends that mod, but they don't know what to do. How can I fix this?

2. xxciaranxx2010

xxciaranxx2010 Enthusiast

This happened to me don't load your save up from the usb load it from the desktop that should fix things.

3. DOMIN8

DOMIN8 Super Green and Yellow Super Moderators

I wondered if that may be the case... I've never tried to mod it while it's on the USB and I've never got that message...

4. xxciaranxx2010

xxciaranxx2010 Enthusiast

Yea i only tried once and that happened it must be that because it worked as soon as I put it on the desktop

5. CKY

CKY Enthusiast

The first thing you should do is look the brute force installation folder and see pfdtool is in that folder.
    to find the installation folder Right Click the Brute Force Icon click properties then click find target.

if it is there you can use the cmd (COMMAND LINE) to input that exact command in as far as i can see though there is information missing the correct command should be 'pfdtool.exe -g BLUS30982 -e "G:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS30982-SAVE-SAVE0002" SAVE0002.SAV'

6. Issu3

Issu3 Enthusiast

I think its ok to mod straight from usb flash drive ive tried it and worked fine so im not sure if its that causing the issue, but I guess it would be safer doing stuff from desktop or wherever you save your files on ya pc.:smile:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  7. Blastery

Blastery BOOOOOOOOORING! Premium

I always mod on USB and never got any errors

TheVicious85 and Issu3 like this.
  8. Tugalou

Tugalou Enthusiast

I have my save on my USB, I drag it over onto my desktop, then have my save file show up in Bruteforce, but I can't highlight it. The error message I mentioned before also shows up.

9. Issu3

Issu3 Enthusiast

try running bruteforce as administrator and see if that helps if you haven't tried it already?just right click bruteforce icon and you will see run as admin option.

10. Blastery

Try this: uninstall and completely remove bruteforcer - run Ccleaner's registry cleaner ( or any other registry cleaner) - download Bruteforcer again and install it - and run "Troubleshoot Compatibility" . My Bruteforcer started to play up recently, so I installed and uninstalled many times until I ran compatibility test - that fixed it

11. Tugalou

Tugalou Enthusiast

I only have one User on my computer, which make it an administrator, of course. It asked me if I wanted to run it as an admin and I said yes.
    I've uninstalled it many times, how do I run the Troubleshoot Compatability for Bruteforce? Also, does this have anything to do with my Anti-Virus? Kaspersky 2013.

12. Blastery

click Start - type Bruteforce - right click on it and should be one of the options

13. chieflurch

chieflurch Newbie

Hi, I know this post is kind of getting old, but I have searched every where for information on this issue. I could not find information so this is my last hope, that someone may have figured it out. I get the pfdtool.exe(blah blah) file or command missing not found anytime I try to open a file, I have all the nessesary files installed, and have the files on the desktop, I pick the data location and click to continue, anytime I click on anything in the menu it pops up this error. I searched as much as I could and this is the only post I can find with any information.

14. Tugalou

Tugalou Enthusiast

It has nothing to do with your antivirus, i have the same one. For it to work for me, I uninstalled it a ton of times, but to no avail. I finally found a text tutorial that surprisingly worked for me. If I can find it, I'll paste it below. If not, I'll try to replicate it.

15. chieflurch

chieflurch Newbie

That would be great! I have tried removing my antivirus before and during use, it didn't help, I have the administrator privileges to everything, I ran it in compatibility mode, the files r on the desktop, I've also copied them to the saves folder in the bruteforce, and even copied the pfdtool.exe to both locations as well as it being in the actual program folder. So yeah, any help would be great!! And thanks for responding.

16. TheVicious85

TheVicious85 Getting There

I've never had a problem modding straight from my USB... as a matter of fact, that's how I've always modded... you mentioned you drag your file to your desktop and i'm wondering if you also have Bruteforce open at the same time? If you have a mic I would be willing to help walk you through it step by step...or even call you on your phone. If you still needed the help, Inbox me