What's new

Show Off Boxman's Gaming/Streaming Rig! (Not Finished)

• Thread starter CF Boxman
  • Start date
  • Views 697
CF Boxman

CF Boxman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So ive actually been working on this build for a month or so. Im a full time college student with a part time job so im literally having to buy parts paycheck to paycheck, ramen noodles have never been such a huge part of my life as well. But anyways lets get to the build!

1. CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz Quad-Core
  2. CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleave Bearing CPU Cooler - Bought
  3. MOBO: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 - Bought
  4. RAM: G.Skill ripjaws X series 16GB DDR3-1600 - Bought
  5. Storage: SeaGate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Drive - Bought
  6. GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB DDR5 - Borrowed from friend! Until I can get a GTX 980!
  7. CASE: Azza GT1 ATX Full Tower - Bought
  8. PSU: Thermaltake 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply - Bought

So this picture is actually what i have so far. Currently the Hybrid drive and Ram is being shipped and should be here in a few days! So i will update the picture when they arrive! Im also hoping that i will be able to finish this desktop by early december so i will be sure to update the post as time goes on!

iOVQCrF.jpg

*Edit** New pics with Hybrid Drive and G.Skill Ram! :biggrin:
vB2L9ir.jpg

Edit*** Alright guys heres the finished product! I do plan on getting some brighter LED's to light it up.
Was going to post pictures but they were badly pixelated so heres the album on imgur!

Last edited:
RishuP

RishuP

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So ive actually been working on this build for a month or so. Im a full time college student with a part time job so im literally having to buy parts paycheck to paycheck, ramen noodles have never been such a huge part of my life as well. But anyways lets get to the build!

1. CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz Quad-Core
  2. CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleave Bearing CPU Cooler - Bought
  3. MOBO: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 - Bought
  4. RAM: G.Skill ripjaws X series 16GB DDR3-1600 - Bought
  5. Storage: SeaGate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Drive - Bought
  6. GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB DDR5 - Borrowed from friend! Until I can get a GTX 980!
  7. CASE: Azza GT1 ATX Full Tower - Bought
  8. PSU: Thermaltake 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply - Bought

So this picture is actually what i have so far. Currently the Hybrid drive and Ram is being shipped and should be here in a few days! So i will update the picture when they arrive! Im also hoping that i will be able to finish this desktop by early december so i will be sure to update the post as time goes on!

iOVQCrF.jpg
Good Choices for Streaming/Gaming PC

CF Boxman

CF Boxman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good Choices for Streaming/Gaming PC
I actually plan on going two GTX 980 TI's and get a SSD as a backup hard drive in the future. But whats even funnier and literally a just because i can do it im gonna. Im getting a capture card and going to have my current alienware laptop stream while my desktop will game.

RishuP

RishuP

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually plan on going two GTX 980 TI's and get a SSD as a backup hard drive in the future. But whats even funnier and literally a just because i can do it im gonna. Im getting a capture card and going to have my current alienware laptop stream while my desktop will game.
That's even more better .
would love to see some stream !

CF Boxman

CF Boxman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's even more better .
would love to see some stream !
Will definitely be cool to see! Like i said ill post more pics leading up to the build, during, and benchmarks! Tomorrow my Hybrid drive and Ram come in :biggrin:

RishuP

RishuP

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Will definitely be cool to see! Like i said ill post more pics leading up to the build, during, and benchmarks! Tomorrow my Hybrid drive and Ram come in :biggrin:
Cool .
Mine new gaming Build is also Completed, just decorating Little bit with Deepcool RGB LED Strip ( will take 2 days to delivered )
Will Post Pic too !

CF Boxman

CF Boxman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cool .
Mine new gaming Build is also Completed, just decorating Little bit with Deepcool RGB LED Strip ( will take 2 days to delivered )
Will Post Pic too !
ohhhhh i wanna seeeeeee lol

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I would recommend moving to a 1000W PSU if you do go the route of equipping two GTX 980ti's'. But by then pascal will be out sooo....

Back on topic, love the build and the case is a beauty.

A

asdfh86723qgh4berq

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're planning on getting a good overclock, I'd recommend a better cpu cooler.

OT: This is an awesome build, and I personally love that case you chose.

CF Boxman

CF Boxman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're planning on getting a good overclock, I'd recommend a better cpu cooler.

OT: This is an awesome build, and I personally love that case you chose.

Yeah im not really the type of person to mess with OC, but i do have a friend which loves OC'ing every computer. I have OC'd the GPU just alittle to push the few extra frames so far.

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
But I suppose your SSHD isn't enough room? Bro I've been gaming since September and I've use 700GB you will need more XD

CF Boxman

CF Boxman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But I suppose your SSHD isn't enough room? Bro I've been gaming since September and I've use 700GB you will need more XD

Actually a terabyte and maybe 250gb will suit me, ive been gaming on several alienware laptops for the past 7 years and they have only had 500gb or 1TB so i dont really need terabytes of space. I clean out my systems regularly to get rid of stuff i dont use or need anymore.

edit** Main reason why im getting the SSD is to save certain games on it

Top Bottom
Login
Register