Borderlands XEX Mod Release

Discussion in 'Borderlands Glitches and Modding' started by gamesquest1, Dec 20, 2010 with 39 replies and 10,972 views.

1. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Enthusiast

SCROLL DOWN FOR UPDATED RELEASE WITH DEBUG MENU

Sorry about the brightness i forgot to change brightness settings in editor after last video i made, and really cba redoing tbh

BorderLands TU0 Mod -God Mode- -Friendly Fire- -Moon Jump- v 0.99
    Back up your original
    Default.xex
    WillowGame\Xbox360TOC.txt
    and
    WillowGame\CookedXenon\Coalesced_INT.bin

and replace with the files included

Currently Looking for help intergrating Latest TU
    as this only Works with NO TITLE UPDATES ATM
    Enjoy

PS this pack includes God Mode AND Friendly Fire wich dont work together in splitscreen at least havnt tested on
    system link, it might work to let you kill other but atm god mode is enabled for both players on split screen
    (you can damage each other in split screen to see it works but you never die just stays at 1 health due to god mode)
    V 0.99 Download Link
    http://www.multiupload.com/4OAC323ZE1
    V2 Download link
    http://www.multiupload.com/CG2JEI8EK9
    i created this myself upped the video and files ill release a lil tut in a few days and credit all for the tools i used

Regards and have fun

P.s anyone able to help me intergrate TU5 into the original default.xex please contact me i need some help doing that and you will get co-creator status

1 person likes this.
  2. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Getting There

Bravo, looks jolly good just like the pc :smile: did you do this by using the demigod cheat? If this is anything like the pc you could probably make it so you can play in third person.

3. Zebedee

Zebedee Expect Boobies

i miss borderlands. :o

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Enthusiast

well looks like i might have another release now, one of my fav things to find in a game
    DEBUG MODE
    yeah some bits and pieces of it don't appear to work but there's plenty of stuff in there to play with
    what looks to be a Item builder similar to willow tree, although i haven't really got that part figured out yet
    plenty of other cool features this release wont have demigod mode on, cause there is an option in the debug menu to toggle target...which basically makes enemies ignore you which works fine, there is also a demigod setting in debug menu but that isn't working i don't think

will be posting videos, and files shortly

hope you guys have fun with these as im visiting family for Christmas so cant do any major testing of this stuff for a week
    DEBUG MODE VIDEO

Third Person Mode Video

got the keybinds for the settings on
    DPAD UP= DEBUG MENU
    DPAD LEFT = Third Person
    DPAD RIGHT = First Person

5. Sn1per 117

Sn1per 117 Getting There

Looks awesome. I can't wait to try this when I get home. I would love to try to help make this work with the newest TU, but u dont think I would be much help. Are all of the features in the first one still going to be available in the newer one with the debug menu? Also, when will you release the one with debug mode?

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Enthusiast

well i was going to release earlier but been getting some last things modded, was really trying to remove the xex checks on the files i mod so i dont have to include the moded xex each time but not having much luck so ill probs be uploading in a min

as far as intergrating the TU, ive messaged the creator of the TU binder for black ops to see if he can help no word back atm though

V2 Release Link in original post

7. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Getting There

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wish I had a JTag

2 people like this.
  8. Ells

Ells #yoloswag Retired

Give me the .xex in a message and I'll put you TU5 onto there.

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Enthusiast

Well im currently visiting family so wont be able to get them sent till next week, but ill try find an alternate source and get them sent before, hopefully you have a jtag to test on as i dont have access to my jtag till next week anyways,

just want to mention i have tried the method of patching with XEX tool but there is several other files that come with the TU that need to be patched aswell, tbh im fairly new to xex modding and im sure their are methods as COD games get patched within hours of the TU going live, but all i can find is info regarding patching only Default.xexp, which doesnt work if extra files come included

But ill try get a copy of the Original untouched XEX, and are you able to get the TU on yourself, or do you want me to just find them and send them together

10. Ells

Ells #yoloswag Retired

I unfortunately don't have my jtag, as a few days ago it 0103'd on me. However, if you can get me the xex I'll get the TU and see what I can do :smile:

11. Jwow

Jwow Getting There

TU5 xex (just updated not h4xd) http://www.mediafire.com/?avdawm2z0l8q0i3

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Enthusiast

hey cool cant test it atm cause away any info reguarding how you got it working, got a few other games i was thinking of modding and info on intergrating the TU's woud be fantastic, have you been able to confim its working ok, as i had a lil try of doing it but the game just crashed after the intro movies. if anyone can test it and let me know it would be great,

Many thanks and awesom work jwow

13. Jwow

Jwow Getting There

Theres no need to test this.. all I did was update the xex with xextool. Go to Xorloser's blog and download the latest xexmenu. Then open up a CMD prompt and type cd (location of xextool ie: desktop/xbox/xextool). Place the xex and the xexp in the same directory as xextool. Now in the cmd prompt type xextool -p default.xexp default.xex . Done

14. Jwow

Jwow Getting There

half the debug menu doesn't even work. I was looking forward to using build-a-gun =[

15. xVVhiteboy

xVVhiteboy Seasoned Member

Thats sick, nice job.

16. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Enthusiast

well i did actually already try to patch using xextool but it just resulted in the game crashing after the intro movies
    idk im using the pal version xex so maybe thats causing issues idk im back home tommorow so ill check it out 2moz
    regards

17. Jwow

Jwow Getting There

I had that issue too actually come to think of it. It may be because it can't read the files from the TU when they are in the game directory.

18. reminon

reminon Enthusiast

ok i extracted the files from the god mode folder..and transferred them. god mode works but i cant get it to go into third person or debug. anyone know why? im on tu0

edit: i dont know if it matters but i started a new game.

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Enthusiast

Make sure you download the V2 files
    sounds like you got V1 :biggrin:

20. reminon

reminon Enthusiast

Nah I got v2 dled twice cause I wanted to make sure...even tho the rar says v2 lol....but anyway it seems to work but only in split screen, on the second controller, and only edits the second player...I dunno its weird. maybe i can change the key binds? i wouldnt know where to begin as im new to this. ive looked at the files with hex but again not sure what to look for...