• Thread starter Zacasourus
  • Start date
  • Views 15,892
Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Tired of leveling up sick of dying and instead of modding it or downloading a gamesave just follow this tutorial
Must have a high level character!!
1.Get your friend to start up a private match lobby not the game a LOBBY!!
2.Select the character you want leveled up then press ready and Highlight select character do nothing from there.
3.get your friend to press start game as soon as you press select character EG:i have been saying "1..2..3..and my friend presses start game on 3 and i press select character on 3.
4.Once in game if done correctly there should be the select character menu on your screen if so select the high level character.
5.Leave your friends lobby and setup one of your own and you will have loads of skill points and be a high level without doing anything.
This Was found by me so please dont steal or if you create a post with this tutorial on T-T-G please put my name on it thanks if you need any help My gamertag is Ss I Tartan

Some other information From jimjamoo
I use to use this all the time before I used WillowTree (I found this glitch about 6 months ago).
What it does, it copies the selected character you choose to upload. Meaning it takes all missions from the main character to the copied (newly leveled character) character. It doesn't copy anything except for the missions, doesn't carry over weapons, items, or anything else.
You can also get as many backpack SDU's/and skill points as you would like from this aswell.

The way for backpack SDU's:
1.Start a new character
2.Run through the story line and TALK to the claptraps, DO NOT, I reapeat DO NOT get the repair kits.
3.Do only the main storyline missions (go into The Lost Cave and Tetanus Warrens cause you'll need the fast-travel)
4.When you complete the story, go back into Playthrough 1 with the character and look at side missions (If done correctly you will see all missions for the repair kits for all claptraps)
5.Now do the 'copy the character' glitch
6.With your newley acquaried character, look at sidemissions, you should have all claptrap missions
7.Run through collecting the repair kits and turn them in *you can fast travel to every area, as to seeing how you ran through the game* (this is where you will be thankful you went into The Lost Cave and Tetanus Warrens).
8.After turning in the last repair kit, save and exit.
9.Do the character glitch again with the same character (copy the same character with the character you just finished collecting repair kits)
10.Collect the repair kits all again.
11.Repeat as many times as you wish!

Now you get 30 backpack slots everytime you do this (exclduding DLC) because you rescue 10 claptraps *10x3=30*

Example:

I will be using the Siren as an example of the chacter that has ran through and completed all main story quests and talked to the claptraps, but did not collect repair kits. Soldier will be the character I am going to collect the Backpack SDU's with. (You obviously do not have to use the characters I did, it's whomever you decide)

1. Start new Siren
2. Complete MAIN quests and only TALKED to the claptraps to get the 'claptrap rescue' missions. (after turning in the piece to Tannis after killing the Vault Boss save and exit)
3. Start a split-screen game
4. Select Soldier on controller 2
5. Press 'Select Character' on controller 2 right as I select 'Start Game' on controller 1.
6. When the game loads up I am presented with a 'Select Character' screen
7. From there select the Siren (and you have all the side-missions from Playthrough 1 that the Siren has)
8. Save and exit
9. Start up a Single Player game
10. Select Soldier
11. Press select to view side-missions and see all the claptrap rescue missions for all 10 claptraps.
12. Go over to the New-U-Station and fast travel to wherever the first claptrap is (for me it was always The Lost Cave)
13. After collecting all 10, save and exit.
14. Repeat steps 3 through 7
15. Save and exit
16. Repeat steps 10-13
Giving me all the claptrap rescue missions all over again.
Complete and repeat as many times as you desire :biggrin:
You can get to the claptrap in the Lumber Yard on the 'Zombie Island' DLC if you decide to, aswell with the ClapTrap Revolution DLC and make it 12 claptraps, but I thought it was to much work just to get to a claptrap because I did this glitch with as little time as possible.

I KNOW this works as that I actually did it on my Soldier atleast 100 times because he had a backpack size of 300+. ALSO, everytime I did this it gave me xx amount of skill points, however many you get while leveling to 69. Problem with this is that after you max out every skill on your skill tree, you will get the notification of 'you gained a skill point, press select to spend skill point' that will stay on your screen the whole time. My Soldier had atleast 250 extra skill points and no, you can not drop them or get rid of them in any way, unless you mod your character.

WARNING-WARNING-WARNING! by doing this glitch, either for backpack SDU or just to level up character easily, it will affect your gameplay!
EXAMPLES
On one of my characters could not start Playthrough 2 on my own, I had to enter an online co-op game when they were starting Playthrough 2, 'Fresh Off The Bus'. Another character was stuck on turning in the mission before entering Trash Coast, the claptrap would not turn in my mission. I have been stuck and not able to turn in missions numerous times. I know for a FACT 100% these can happen as so they happened to me, but only with my 'glitched' characters.
The only ways I know to fix not being able to turn in missions is to get someone who is on the exact same mission ,either on split-screen or online co-op, to turn in the missions, therefore giving you credit aswell.
Or you can mod your character with whatever modding program you desire to use (i.e. WillowTree, Modio, etc...)

While this glitch does infact work, I recommend to just get a USB Flash Drive with atleast 2Gigs(2Gigs is around 6$) and use WillowTree for your levels, backpack slots, and skill points.

Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
oh well im make another soon but i did it for you so you know its real :smile:

Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
bump please pin this or sticky it i think it is a valuable tutorial

OwnedTom

OwnedTom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think this deserves a sticky without a video or pictures.

Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think this deserves a sticky without a video or pictures.
well if you have borderlands do you think you could help me make a video i have a capture card and everything mygamertag is Ss I Tartan

Sinful 7s

I1l SNIPE I1l

Reaction score
Sin$
i did, this by accident on my highest lvl char to lowest.
Now i'm stuck in the arid badlands on the 1st mission and there is no mission dialog so i can't even get out of the gate into skag gully.
Anyway i can fix this?
I also cant use the fast travel to teleport to any of my dlc locations....

Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
i did, this by accident on my highest lvl char to lowest.
Now i'm stuck in the arid badlands on the 1st mission and there is no mission dialog so i can't even get out of the gate into skag gully.
Anyway i can fix this?
I also cant use the fast travel to teleport to any of my dlc locations....
Have you still got a high level ? if not just play through the missions or mod it :smile:
-Ss I Tartan

J

jimjamoo

Reaction score
Sin$
I use to use this all the time before I used WillowTree (I found this glitch about 6 months ago).
What it does, it copies the selected character you choose to upload. Meaning it takes all missions from the main character to the copied (newly leveled character) character. It doesn't copy anything except for the missions, doesn't carry over weapons, items, or anything else.
You can also get as many backpack SDU's/and skill points as you would like from this aswell.

1.Start a new character
2.Run through the story line and TALK to the claptraps, DO NOT, I reapeat DO NOT get the repair kits.
3.Do only the main storyline missions (go into The Lost Cave and Tetanus Warrens cause you'll need the fast-travel)
4.When you complete the story, go back into Playthrough 1 with the character and look at side missions (If done correctly you will see all missions for the repair kits for all claptraps)
6.With your newley acquaried character, look at sidemissions, you should have all claptrap missions
7.Run through collecting the repair kits and turn them in *you can fast travel to every area, as to seeing how you ran through the game* (this is where you will be thankful you went into The Lost Cave and Tetanus Warrens).
9.Do the character glitch again with the same character (copy the same character with the character you just finished collecting repair kits)

Now you get 30 backpack slots everytime you do this (exclduding DLC) because you rescue 10 claptraps *10x3=30*

Example:

I will be using the Siren as an example of the chacter that has ran through and completed all main story quests and talked to the claptraps, but did not collect repair kits. Soldier will be the character I am going to collect the Backpack SDU's with. (You obviously do not have to use the characters I did, it's whomever you decide)

1. Start new Siren
2. Complete MAIN quests and only TALKED to the claptraps to get the 'claptrap rescue' missions. (after turning in the piece to Tannis after killing the Vault Boss save and exit)
5. Press 'Select Character' on controller 2 right as I select 'Start Game' on controller 1.
7. From there select the Siren (and you have all the side-missions from Playthrough 1 that the Siren has)
8. Save and exit
10. Select Soldier
11. Press select to view side-missions and see all the claptrap rescue missions for all 10 claptraps.
12. Go over to the New-U-Station and fast travel to wherever the first claptrap is (for me it was always The Lost Cave)
15. Save and exit
16. Repeat steps 10-13
You can get to the claptrap in the Lumber Yard on the 'Zombie Island' DLC if you decide to, aswell with the ClapTrap Revolution DLC and make it 12 claptraps, but I thought it was to much work just to get to a claptrap because I did this glitch with as little time as possible.

I KNOW this works as that I actually did it on my Soldier atleast 100 times because he had a backpack size of 300+. ALSO, everytime I did this it gave me xx amount of skill points, however many you get while leveling to 69. Problem with this is that after you max out every skill on your skill tree, you will get the notification of 'you gained a skill point, press select to spend skill point' that will stay on your screen the whole time. My Soldier had atleast 250 extra skill points and no, you can not drop them or get rid of them in any way, unless you mod your character.

WARNING-WARNING-WARNING! by doing this glitch, either for backpack SDU or just to level up character easily, it will affect your gameplay!
EXAMPLES
On one of my characters could not start Playthrough 2 on my own, I had to enter an online co-op game when they were starting Playthrough 2, 'Fresh Off The Bus'. Another character was stuck on turning in the mission before entering Trash Coast, the claptrap would not turn in my mission. I have been stuck and not able to turn in missions numerous times. I know for a FACT 100% these can happen as so they happened to me, but only with my 'glitched' characters.
The only ways I know to fix not being able to turn in missions is to get someone who is on the exact same mission ,either on split-screen or online co-op, to turn in the missions, therefore giving you credit aswell.
Or you can mod your character with whatever modding program you desire to use (i.e. WillowTree, Modio, etc...)

While this glitch does infact work, I recommend to just get a USB Flash Drive with atleast 2Gigs(2Gigs is around 6$) and use WillowTree for your levels, backpack slots, and skill points.

Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$

1.Start a new character

Example:

1. Start new Siren
8. Save and exit
10. Select Soldier
15. Save and exit
16. Repeat steps 10-13

EXAMPLES

Not meaning to flame but why dont you start up your own thread it will get more noticed and you pretty much just explained my way just you put alot unneeded detail into it.
-Ss I Tartan

J

jimjamoo

Reaction score
Sin$
That 'uneeded' part was what makes this glitch 10times better, not to mention some people like it when things are spelled out...my bad for thinking you can help anyone these days because that's all I was doing, trying to help out. I didn't want to post my own thread because what I said fit perfectly with what was being said here and I am really not going to post a thread with just a small amount of differences. It all has to do with the same glitch so you put them together...just think about it.

Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
That 'uneeded' part was what makes this glitch 10times better, not to mention some people like it when things are spelled out...my bad for thinking you can help anyone these days because that's all I was doing, trying to help out. I didn't want to post my own thread because what I said fit perfectly with what was being said here and I am really not going to post a thread with just a small amount of differences. It all has to do with the same glitch so you put them together...just think about it.
I am just trying to get you noticed hardly any people look at this thread if you post another and just say this is related to Ss I Tartan's post then people will know we are on about the same thing. I know you were just trying to help thank you for that and i do need some help with doing a video for this glitch if you would like to help i would be very greatfull and i will give you credit for some of this ?
-Ss I Tartan

J

jimjamoo

Reaction score
Sin$
I am just trying to get you noticed hardly any people look at this thread if you post another and just say this is related to Ss I Tartan's post then people will know we are on about the same thing. I know you were just trying to help thank you for that and i do need some help with doing a video for this glitch if you would like to help i would be very greatfull and i will give you credit for some of this ?
-Ss I Tartan
I first and foremost, have to apologize to you, it's been an extremley tough week for me and I guess it got to me more than I thought. Normally that's not me to be so hasty towards someone, so again, sorry mate!

Now to get back to the situation at hand....
I know what you mean, I unfortuanatley do not know how to make videos, like at all! I wouldn't even know where to being! lol the only thing I know is that maybe to search YouTube and see if it's posted there and give that person credit for the video...maybe?

Ok so I did find a video that discusses and explains (while showing) how to do this glitch. Now I didn't know if you just wanted any ol video or if the video has to be done by you, but this is actually a really nice one.
Watch Here exodia1010 get's 100% full credit for the video, as to seeing how I just copied and pasted it lol. Funny though, he is doing it because of how you can get unlimited skill points but I don't think he mentioned the part where you can get unlimited backpack SDU's, eh oh well.

Zacasourus

Mr Potato Head

Forum Addict Donator
Reaction score
Sin$

I first and foremost, have to apologize to you, it's been an extremley tough week for me and I guess it got to me more than I thought. Normally that's not me to be so hasty towards someone, so again, sorry mate!

Now to get back to the situation at hand....
I know what you mean, I unfortuanatley do not know how to make videos, like at all! I wouldn't even know where to being! lol the only thing I know is that maybe to search YouTube and see if it's posted there and give that person credit for the video...maybe?

Ok so I did find a video that discusses and explains (while showing) how to do this glitch. Now I didn't know if you just wanted any ol video or if the video has to be done by you, but this is actually a really nice one.
Watch Here exodia1010 get's 100% full credit for the video, as to seeing how I just copied and pasted it lol. Funny though, he is doing it because of how you can get unlimited skill points but I don't think he mentioned the part where you can get unlimited backpack SDU's, eh oh well.
No I'm sorry i was being a d**k and for the video i have a dazzle dvc 100 capture card so when you are free you could do the glitch with me my gamertag is Ss I Tartan
-Ss I Tartan

Old Partner

Old Partner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have seen people use this glitch. I am amazed it never got patched when everything else did.

Making videos is very easy for anerlog it's a fare bit more expensive for hdmi videos.
USB capture card is what I use the software is built for kids here's the link

http://www.kaiserbaas.com/gaming/series-8-game-recorder it's only $50 AUD.
You will also need a working knowledge of YouTube to past videos in Forums

Top Bottom
Login
Register