1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 UNLIMITED Golden Key Mod PC/Xbox

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2' started by sternal, Sep 19, 2012 with 32 replies and 17,837 views.

1. sternal

sternal A True Halo Fanboy

It was pretty easy, but I've figured out how to basically unlock an unlimited amount of golden keys. This is not a glitch, and is guaranteed to work 100% of the time. Since it does not require online, this most likely will NOT get patched. I've made a quick video showing off what the mod looks like on your end, and since it is still rendering in Vegas, you'll have to trust me on this one. I do plan on releasing a tutorial, though, I want to give it a couple of days since it's very simple and really only takes a few steps. I also plan on releasing a tutorial for xbox modders, as Jtag/RGH consoles can also perform this mod.

Last I've checked there are no tutorials yet, but you could search around if you're lazy and don't want to wait :p

I'll update the thread once I get the video uploaded.

Edit: Video Up

2. Liberation

Liberation Acedia Premium

Does this require a Jtag/RGH? Or can we do it through USB modding?

3. shoot2win

shoot2win Acid Burn Premium

How is it not a glitch? Can you do it on an unmodded 360?

4. sternal

No, it can only be done on a modded system, thus it is not a glitch.

5. sternal

Hmm, I guess I should have specified. Yes you DO NEED a modified console to perform the modification on xbox. This is because keys are not stored on your profile, they are stored within a encrypted file that has nothing to do with your profile at all. This exploit does not actually modify any values, it forces the game to give you the keys on start up.

6. DemonAsylum

DemonAsylum Enthusiast

This is very interesting and I am looking forward to seeing your video as well as an upcoming tutorial on how to do it ;)

7. sternal

Video Uploaded.

8. BRAND0N

BRAND0N Wear the brown pants.

9. sternal

Well, you have to replace DLC files. I can only provide instructions on how to edit the files to your liking. There should be some tutorials on Se7ensins explaining how to add modified DLC to a jtag'd xbox.

10. BRAND0N

I have it installed the games on demand way, could I just drop the golden key dlc files into the borderlands 2 folder?

11. sternal

There should be a specific folder for DLC if you check through the file system.

12. BRAND0N

do you happen to have that golden key file that I can put on my jtag?

13. sternal

As of now I do not, however, I did see another member post an already modded file. Although, that file will only give you around 255 keys no more. The "unlimited" process requires a bit more steps.

14. BRAND0N

I can't find it anywhere....
    and 255 is still alot haha
    do you know when you will have the file?

15. sternal

Well if you'd like to be my lab rat, I'll let you know privately once I have the files for testing.

16. BRAND0N

Yeah, sounds good. Unlimited golden keys sounds pretty nice :D

17. fat pat 666

fat pat 666 Lucifixture

do does the keys work over to the save. like as in use a save start the game. get the 999 keys. then go over to retail and work?

18. sternal

Yes they do, basically put this method "tricks" the game into giving you more keys. However, the keys aren't saved to your profile, rather your console instead. So if you do play the retail game, you'll still have all those keys.

19. Deathy9090

Deathy9090 Enthusiast

this is incorrect the tokens are stored in the gpd of your profile

20. sternal

Tokens, for bad-*** points, can be edited on the gpd. We're talking about golden keys, which are not located on the GPD. Unless you want to prove me wrong, then go ahead.