All Black Ops "Zombie" Ranking System

Discussion in 'BO2 Zombies' started by XBL Choice, Dec 25, 2012 with 71 replies and 8,551 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

The way I see it,in order for the ranking system to work is by your overall K/D Divided by your downs.​
    Right now I have 25,284 Kills with 361 downs that equals a K/D of 70
    ( 25,284/361=70 )​
    My current Rank is the skull with a knife

I was told that the skull with the knife requires a K/D of 70.0, before I heard this I was at a 69.0; So I decided to test this.
    During a game of Grief I had 200 kills with 0 downs when viewing my rank during the game I noticed I had the knife through the skull. After the game I took my kills divided by my downs it came to what I said above "70.0387812". That seemed to work, so I went into a private match and downed myself twice, got revived from "Quick Revive". I still had my knife even though it wasn't a K/D of 70. I believe once you get your rank you don't lose it.

Ranks for "Zombies"

"Blue Eyes" are revived from being active. You can lose them by not playing for a day
    ***Not Confirmed***

"Skull with Knife" K/D of 70 with at least 10k - 15k Kills
    ***K/D Confirmed*** *** Required Kills Not Confirmed***

"Skull with Double Shotguns K/D of 320
    ***Not Confirmed***

Explaining how the ranking system works
    Ranking System
    Players have to ability to rank up during the Zombie mode of Black Ops 2. You increase your rank by performing well overall and maintaining a high Kill / Death Ratio. Your KDR has a great impact on your ranking.

Every player starts with the same rank and can rank up 4 times.

Rank 1: Wooden Shield with 1 Bone
    Rank 2: Wooden Shield with 2 Bones Crossing
    Rank 3: Wooden Shield with Skull
    Rank 4: Metal Shield with Skull + Knife
    Rank 5: Metal Shield with Skull + 2 Guns

[​IMG]

You can see how close you are from entering the next rank by the tally marks on the top left of your ranking. Your rank starts with no tally marks and goes all the way up to 5 tally marks, at this stage you will also gain the blue eyes with the emblems that contain the skull (rank 3,4 and 5). After 5 tally marks you will jump to the next rank.

Deranking System
    Performance: As mentioned above, your KDR has a great impact on your ranking. When your KDR goes down and / or you perform below your average, your rank will go down. How much it goes down by depends entirely on how poorly you performed. Don't look surprised when you lose a few tally marks at a time.

Time: When you don't play Zombies mode for a 24 period you will start losing your ranking. The rate at which you lose your ranking is 1 tally mark per 24 hour period. It isn't possible to lose your main ranking, only tally marks.

For example: Say your current rank is the Shield with Skull and 4 tally marks. If you go don't play the Zombies mode for 24 hours, you will drop down to Shield with Skull and 3 tally marks. If you don't play for another 4 days, you will only drop down to the Skull with Shield and 0 tally marks. You won't drop down to the Shield with the Crossing Bones.

The ranking system is updated at 12 AM GMT (7 PM EST). This is the exact time you will lose a tally mark if you haven't played for 24 hours.

How each rank can be earned
    Rank 1: Wooden Shield with 1 Bone
    Rank 2: Wooden Shield with 2 Bones Crossing
    Rank 3: Wooden Shield with Skull
    Rank 4: Metal Shield with Skull + Knife
    Rank 5: Metal Shield with Skull + 2 Guns

I found out that your highscores TOTAL KILLS / Deaths are the answer.
    1 - 5 KD/R Rank 1 - Wooden Shield 1 Bone
    5 - 15 KD/R Rank 2 - Wooden Shield 2 Bones
    15 - 35 KD/R Rank 3 - Wooden Shield Skull
    35 - 50 KD/R Rank 4 -Wooden shield - blue eye skull
    50 - 75/100 (NOT SURE YET) KD/R Rank 5 - Metal Shield SKULL & Knife
    75/100 - 150 KD/R - Rank 6 - Metal Shield skull blue eyes
    150 - 200 - Meta shield skull shotguns
    200 - 225 (AROUND THERE) - Metal shield skull blue eyes shotguns

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. Niebz

Niebz Enthusiast

Shotguns current KDR 235

3. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

I believe the KD for double shotguns is lower than 320... That seems like a rather hard number to reach playing legitimately.

I play almost daily and my KD is 92 (46258/502=92). I am only at the knife emblem, however there cant be that large of a spread between ranks..

XBL Choice likes this.
  4. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

Do you remember what your K/D was when you unlocked the shotguns? 320 did seem a little high maybe it is unlocked at a K/D of 200

5. Niebz

Niebz Enthusiast

I had a KD of 220 with exactly 55k kills,

6. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

That's what I heard had nothing to base it on seeing that Niebz unlocked it before 320 I assume it 200 confirming the rest of these ranks will not be easy but I'm hoping to get them doen

7. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

Well maybe I miss heard him its a K/D of 220 not 320

8. firstofall

firstofall Newbie

K/d is only part of determining ranks, and you can def lose ranks by playing badly.

9. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

Well I downed myself twice from a 70 KD surely that would derank maybe it has to be worse than that.

10. xJayDeex

xJayDeex Enthusiast

lol its not about k/d :tongue: just saying. if it was reranking up would be a hassle but when you get deranked from knife to regular bone it takes only like 2 days to get back up for me. its more of an average of all your stats.

11. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

Has to be K/D i was told it was a 70 kd for the knife I also didn't believe it until I hit 70 and got the knife I know myself its K/D think how you want though

12. Senpai

Senpai Contributor

I hit 71 K/D no Knife at all with 35K+ Kills 1K revives round 40 solo tranzit so idk

13. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

How many downs:?

14. Senpai

Senpai Contributor

15. xJayDeex

xJayDeex Enthusiast

It goes by a overall good and bad. Like by having games with low kills will go towards bad. But also if you have high rounds itll go towards good.

16. XBL Blah

XBL Blah Enthusiast

how many kills lol like exact

17. ExTc HaZarDz

ExTc HaZarDz Having 2 sides is Thrilling -Tyki-

this subject cant be really explained due to the fact that there are many factors that go toward ranking so i dont believe its the k/d aspect cause i had a skull then lost it after being downed once in a private game then only to get it back for making it farther on the next run so it cant be k/d cause i got downed 2 in the match i did better in so its probably improvement over a time period for the skull or dedicated playing
    Sorry about the no grammer its been a long day. Anyway this is my take on this feel free to object

18. Silent Duckmodz

Silent Duckmodz Getting There

I have a K : D of .65 and I have the first blue eyes but I revive a-lot so it might be right

19. Kaitur8

Kaitur8 Newbie

I don't agree. I got the knife at 8k kills. I currently have a kdr of 360ish and i don't have shotguns (18k kills btw).

20. ObiWanCanBlowMe

ObiWanCanBlowMe It's cold in the D.

I have a KD of 74.. and I'm skull, no blue eyes.. 4 tallies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.