What's new

Xbox 360 Big Forza modding thread (TUT's+DL's)

• Thread starter D3FEKT
  • Start date
  • Views 170,849
Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
Forza textures-
Forza uses a extension called "XDS" for it's textures. From what i know, the first 52 bytes are the
header/dimensions etc, every 4 bytes is a pixel, 4th byte being alpha enable / disable.
The games also runs tga files fine thus allowing custom textures.
and how would I do this?

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Nobody has figured out how to change textures yet. There aren't any tools for it. D3FEKT was just posting the only thing he knew about the textures.

Frozenalv2

Frozenalv2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
forza
and does anybody know if you could take the cars from the dlc and just put them in with the disc cars?
The sleepyeyes for forza im not too sure about, better asking D3. Could be done using HxD and Forzastudio via model edits.

For DLC cars in in the disc cars location, may not be possible, but if it is then you'd need to do it on an RGH or JTAG ofc

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
The sleepyeyes for forza im not too sure about, better asking D3. Could be done using HxD and Forzastudio via model edits.

For DLC cars in in the disc cars location, may not be possible, but if it is then you'd need to do it on an RGH or JTAG ofc
xXx foRce xXx has figuered them both out
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.696024827171821.1073741837.531727133601592&type=1
Nobody has figured out how to change textures yet. There aren't any tools for it. D3FEKT was just posting the only thing he knew about the textures.
https://www.facebook.com/mod.force....83318619553.1073741853.100007536966221&type=3

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
modforce is using just tga's. I told him how to do it. Just delete the xds texture file and replace with a tga one with exact same name

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
modforce is using just tga's. I told him how to do it. Just delete the xds texture file and replace with a tga one with exact same name
ok thats easy 
do you know anything about the sleepy eyes mod?

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

As in rename it to nodamage.xds (even though it's a TGA) or nodamage.tga. Because I've had no joy deleting the default .xds (usually nodamage.xds) and keeping a nodamage.tga. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
As in rename it to nodamage.xds (even though it's a TGA) or nodamage.tga. Because I've had no joy deleting the default .xds (usually nodamage.xds) and keeping a nodamage.tga. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
what are you converting it with?

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
Very easy, i just looked at the file for the Maserati GranTurismo, as it is one of the cars in forza 4 that has matte-paint.

Open your Maserati Granturismo file (where you find your .carbin files and stuff) there is a file there (more than one actually) called 'shadersettings', you need to open 'shadersettings6'.

Open it and you see some lines, you need to copy this part:

<body>
<PaintScale value="0.3"/>
<SpecularAmount2 value="8.0"/>
<SpecularPower2 value="12.0"/>
<SpecularAmount3 value="8.0"/>
<SpecularPower3 value="2.0"/>
<FresnelScalar value="0.0"/>
<MetalColor r="0.0" g="0.35" b="0.5"/>
<MetalScale value="1.0"/>
</body>
<body_2>
</body_2>
<body_3>
</body_3>

Or just copy the text i just put above :tongue:

Go to another car you want matte paint on. Open the 'shadersettings', paste the above text in it and save (offcourse :tongue: )

Well, i assume i dont need to explain that you need to repack the car and copy it to your forza directory :biggrin: 
I would love to upload some pictures of my cars with matte paint, but i'm not at home right now :biggrin:

The are some pro's and con's with this method. Your car will ALWAYS be matte. But changing from gloss, to metallic to special WILL AFFECT the paint, so you can have some really awesome looking matte paint :biggrin:
so just take this ad paste in the shadersettings?

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
and all the sudden when I go into my forza 4 save I get a fatal crash or sits at the saving content to load after installing a modded dlc ever have this?

Last edited:
D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
rename the tga to just nodamage.tga and make sure there is no xds file.

Top Bottom
Login
Register