What's new

Xbox 360 Big Forza modding thread (TUT's+DL's)

• Thread starter D3FEKT
  • Start date
  • Views 170,890
DISsumSAUCE

DISsumSAUCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
umm??...
49ceef5d50ff83785d896c164a2c90d8.png

the material is just that. the byte before the material name (05 in this case) means how many characters there are in the word glass being 5.
Wow, I was thinking way to hard.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I just figured something super cool out. The Xbox 360 version of Horizon 2 did not have the dockyards, a place where Xbox One players love to mess around and drift. Turns out Fast & Furious has it. So guess what I'm working on now...

...the bad part is Fast & Furious has a lot of what I'd call "no drive" zones where they reset the car if you drive down them. Clearly it was added and these other zones removed for performance issues or file size (probably the latter). I just hope I can find a way to combine the two worlds so we can drive the dockyards.

Last edited:
D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so I just figured something super cool out. The Xbox 360 version of Horizon 2 did not have the dockyards, a place where Xbox One players love to mess around and drift. Turns out Fast & Furious has it. So guess what I'm working on now...

...the bad part is Fast & Furious has a lot of what I'd call "no drive" zones where they reset the car if you drive down them. Clearly it was added and these other zones removed for performance issues or file size (probably the latter). I just hope I can find a way to combine the two worlds so we can drive the dockyards.

did the dockyards exist on 360 horizon 2 but blocked off or just wasn't even there?

DISsumSAUCE

DISsumSAUCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so I did a material change to carbon fiber on the body of a lancer. I thought it looked a little off, and looking closer, the CF design is scaled HUUGE. Is there a way to scale it down somehow? or does it stretch depending on the surface length?

Edit: I also tried taking the motor out of a Ferrari with the body, when you copy the body it it happens to be at the end of the file, I know its hard to give a definite answer to this, where is the end?

Last edited:
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
did the dockyards exist on 360 horizon 2 but blocked off or just wasn't even there?
Dunno. There was definitely a guardrail, but maybe it was still physically there, blocked off without me even realizing. I asked a few other folks and they confirmed it was missing. I'm hoping the geometry and collision data is still there and there's just a game object I need to remove. Otherwise I have to make the Fast & Furious version of Europe a totally different track to get some of those races (and dockyards free-roam) to work. Worst case scenario I can probably make an event near the dockyards entrance that loads it up via the FnF "track", then one in there that puts you back into the regular world.
Le double post. Anyone ever get horizon cars loading on forza 4? i just always crash. Teancum Teancum ?
I've tried straight-up .zip swaps and the game crashes. I haven't tried starting with a FM4 zip, swapping a model for a FH one, and re-zipping. Might be crashing due to new/different XML data, but I doubt it.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Reaction score
Sin$
Dunno. There was definitely a guardrail, but maybe it was still physically there, blocked off without me even realizing. I asked a few other folks and they confirmed it was missing. I'm hoping the geometry and collision data is still there and there's just a game object I need to remove. Otherwise I have to make the Fast & Furious version of Europe a totally different track to get some of those races (and dockyards free-roam) to work. Worst case scenario I can probably make an event near the dockyards entrance that loads it up via the FnF "track", then one in there that puts you back into the regular world.

I've tried straight-up .zip swaps and the game crashes. I haven't tried starting with a FM4 zip, swapping a model for a FH one, and re-zipping. Might be crashing due to new/different XML data, but I doubt it.

I tried simply with swapping a horizon car into 4 and it just crashes unlike if putting a forza 4 car into horizon by itself, it becomes a big triangle mess but at least it loads unlike this. tried xml's and all shaders, nothing.

Alright so I did a material change to carbon fiber on the body of a lancer. I thought it looked a little off, and looking closer, the CF design is scaled HUUGE. Is there a way to scale it down somehow? or does it stretch depending on the surface length?

Edit: I also tried taking the motor out of a Ferrari with the body, when you copy the body it it happens to be at the end of the file, I know its hard to give a definite answer to this, where is the end?

Not too sure on materials. A topic i've barely spent time on. Perhaps to do with the 16 bytes before the material? Like i said, never bothered researching deeper into this matter.
d71f51bb91b5b35e4d190e9520f87973.png

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
D3FEKT D3FEKT - have you ever tried injecting an extra piece into a model? I.E. another bumper (renaming it to be unique)? I'm curious to see whether I can do some wild tweaks.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Reaction score
Sin$
D3FEKT D3FEKT - have you ever tried injecting an extra piece into a model? I.E. another bumper (renaming it to be unique)? I'm curious to see whether I can do some wild tweaks.

Injecting as in without replacing a part? then yes I have. Game loads fine but doesn't show the model. With a bit of messing around i found that this area at the start of the carbin defines how many parts there are and also uv mapping i believe. I injected flares on a 458 and took the starting code from a s14 as it has high part count then pasted over the 458 code. It loaded the new part but messed all the materials.
7146b2e26bc5744b0ebb532b65381e5d.png

DISsumSAUCE

DISsumSAUCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried simply with swapping a horizon car into 4 and it just crashes
Not too sure on materials. A topic i've barely spent time on. Perhaps to do with the 16 bytes before the material? Like i said, never bothered researching deeper into this matter.
d71f51bb91b5b35e4d190e9520f87973.png
Tried swapping that number with one off of a larger carbon fiber part and a smaller one with no luck, they all have it though starting at 03, I'm gonna look into it more later.

On another note, a while back I messed with a car and made the body wider, had to stretch the windows, bumpers, all that fun stuff. Once I loaded it into the game(fh2) it was barely wider (body wise), but everything else was where I put it, even the side windows were floating. Any idea if there's something in the db I need to mess with?

Update: Figured out the scaling with materials, it's in the shadersettings xml. I added:

<carbon_fiber>
.......<CarbonFiberScale value="0.48" />
.......<FresnelIndex value="1.143" />
.......<FresnelScalar value="0.8" />
.......<CarbonFiberSpecularPower2 value="1.43" />
.......<CarbonFiberDiffuseColor r="0.03" g="0.03" b="0.03" a="1" />
</carbon_fiber>

Edit: The higher the number on scale the smaller the material print, Also you can label materials in the Lod files up to 3 (high as I've gone)IE: carbon_fiber3 or carbon_fiber2. Then in the shadersettings.xml make separate entries for the different numbers. That only took all day to figure out.

I copied that from the fit Teancum added to Horizon 2, I still need to mess with the scaling a bit. When I loaded the car up I noticed a change in the scale so it definitely works.

So, I think the materials you see like plastic and plastic_2 are what separates the different scales and/or colors of a material. I noticed while messing with the s2000 cf trunk I added that, when putting the settings into the xml, it scaled ALL of the carbon fiber not just what I put in. Only problem is I cant find a car with two different cf titles like plastic and plastic_2, so I'm not sure what to name it or if it matters.

Last edited:
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Injecting as in without replacing a part? then yes I have. Game loads fine but doesn't show the model. With a bit of messing around i found that this area at the start of the carbin defines how many parts there are and also uv mapping i believe. I injected flares on a 458 and took the starting code from a s14 as it has high part count then pasted over the 458 code. It loaded the new part but messed all the materials.
7146b2e26bc5744b0ebb532b65381e5d.png
Hmm, each part must have a material ID as well.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried swapping that number with one off of a larger carbon fiber part and a smaller one with no luck, they all have it though starting at 03, I'm gonna look into it more later.

On another note, a while back I messed with a car and made the body wider, had to stretch the windows, bumpers, all that fun stuff. Once I loaded it into the game(fh2) it was barely wider (body wise), but everything else was where I put it, even the side windows were floating. Any idea if there's something in the db I need to mess with?

sometimes rescaling doesn't work and sometimes it does. Have you tried changing all the scales?

DISsumSAUCE

DISsumSAUCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sometimes rescaling doesn't work and sometimes it does. Have you tried changing all the scales?
I changed everything in LOD0, and 1-5, windows, hood, two wings, a "full body kit", not all bumpers are scaled, maybe this is the issue.

Edit: I have no idea why I didn't think of this in the first place:banghead:...cockpit carbin, didn't touch that.

Edit 2: Stretched the a pillar, window, hood, interior, and the same everywhere else. I didn't do the lights because I want it to look like a widebody kit, but its looking like I may have to stretch them as well

Last edited:
DISsumSAUCE

DISsumSAUCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm, each part must have a material ID as well

So, ive been messing with materials the past few days, well i cant say i know where the material ids are. I do know/ found out the materials, even if the same name could be different depending on car/carbin file. Like a rollcage in lod1-5 carbin could have the material racekitred, but then you enter the same name in lod0 and it goes to black. Same thing with the "misc" material, either they're different or they don't exist in certain "files I cant find". With that being said, I'm 100% sure there's some file/files holding these materials and telling them where to go. Maybe the nodamage.xds and nodamagelod0.xds, I cant open them because my laptop is a fossil.

Edit: media/cars/shared.zip? lots of materials in there, and the textures.xml

The fit you added in fh2 has some interesting things in its shaders xml, materials wise. Looks like some entries are telling it what materials to use, and how to scale them. I could be very wrong though.

Last edited:
joelrocks987

joelrocks987

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My game freezes most of the time when trying to load save at the main menu. I have an ihas E burner. It works with over burner and I tried to overburn. Help?

DISsumSAUCE

DISsumSAUCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My game freezes most of the time when trying to load save at the main menu. I have an ihas E burner. It works with over burner and I tried to overburn. Help?
Which game are you playing and, what mods are you trying to run?

Top Bottom
Login
Register