Not open for further replies.
Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Legendary Veteran TotM Services
Reaction score
Sin$
I've heard and seen people fix scratched discs with toothpaste, lip balm, and even peanut butter. I've got a couple of discs with scratches, and wanted to know the best and cheapest way to fix them without ruining them and without paying for it to be repaired. Not only that, but I don't want to muck up my disc even more than it already is.

For the first time in ages, I didn't know where to post this so I posted it here. If it's in the wrong section please move it to the correct one. :smile:

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The best 100% foolproof way to fix a scratched disc is to buy a new one. 10/10 Works every time.

Other than that I have fixed a few scratched discs by cleaning them with a paper towel lightly dabbed with dishwashing soap and water. You can look here for some other methods though.

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a local game store usually they clean them for free

Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Legendary Veteran TotM Services
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a local game store usually they clean them for free
I've got one about twenty minutes or so from my house, but they charge like $15 last time I was there. :frown:

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
I've got one about twenty minutes or so from my house, but they charge like $15 last time I was there. :frown:

Ah damn. Well I don't know anything about home remedies haha, I always baby my discs so I don't have to worry.

Southy

Southy

Have a Nice Day! :)
Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I fixed my Halo 3 with toothpaste, water and a towel.
It was scratched and wouldn't let me play the first mission or install it.
I thought the method was a hoax but it wasn't, it actually worked after two or three attempts of installing it.
Hope this helps. Be very gentle with the towel.

Kemmons

Kemmons

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I've done it with toothpaste a long time ago on halo. Worked decently. Couldn't get it to work with my Nintendo 64 games though. Don't know why :/

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
I've heard and seen people fix scratched discs with toothpaste, lip balm, and even peanut butter. I've got a couple of discs with scratches, and wanted to know the best and cheapest way to fix them without ruining them and without paying for it to be repaired. Not only that, but I don't want to muck up my disc even more than it already is.

For the first time in ages, I didn't know where to post this so I posted it here. If it's in the wrong section please move it to the correct one. :smile:
It depends on how deep the scratch is I guess. If it's a light scratch then I'd use soap and water like Creativity said or toothpaste.

Beazt

Beazt

Programmer Mr. Nice Guy Glitcher
Reaction score
Sin$
I've used toothpaste to fix mine several times.
My old MW2 was so scratched that it didn't help. Then I just used my friend's MW2 to install the game and then I could use mine with almost no problems.

Grapes

Grapes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Either go to like game-stop and ask for them to fix or do what I did, spread a thin layer of toothpaste on the scratched areas of the disk then rinse it off after about 10 minutes. My Black Ops 1 has been working ever since knock on wood cheers m8.
Edit: I hear it doesn't always work for some people.:confused:

Don't rinse with as much water as he did it's not necessary.

S

seanrum

Reaction score
Sin$
My gta 5 broke and i used peanut butter and it worked...but got stuck on loading...it also wont let me install it...btw i live in Monroe NY so if anyone knows a really good disk fixing place tell me

Semper Paradus

Semper Paradus

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to gamestop, buy the same game and dl it. Return the game you bought and you're good. Or you can buy a disc scratch remover. I'm sure that'd be a good investment...

Omegle

Omegle

¿Quién es 'Sombra'?
Reaction score
Sin$
Got any ideas for games that are cracked in the ring part? Anything to fill the holes? Im thinking about iso'ing the game (call of duty world at war)

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Got any ideas for games that are cracked in the ring part? Anything to fill the holes? Im thinking about iso'ing the game (call of duty world at war)
I think Iso is a good idea, not sure about the crack though.

fathom7411

fathom7411

Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a gamedr disc repair kit like 10 years ago and it works great. I think you can buy them for like $15, but it's totally worth it.

Kobe

Kobe

YEEZY JUST JUMPED OVER JUMPMAN
Reaction score
Sin$
I hear that a banana can fix scratches. I have never tried it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register