What's new

Discussion Being Good

Arma

Arma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you guys think is being good at designs in your terms?

For me it's being able to use C4D knowing literally everything :tongue:

Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, design is art. Everyone likes different things, so one person's opinion of appeal can be another person's opinion of distaste.

Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's whatever you think is best, and what you're capable of achieving. If you get some feedback on your work. Make sure you read it with an open mind. Those constructive criticism comments will help you in your future designs.

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$
Being good is many things, not just knowing everything within the program. It's being artistic, being very creative with your designs and overall just being very unique. Everyone's opinion on what is "good" is different.

Absim

Absim

One Take
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess it's to be able to use your tool and resources effectively to create a masterpiece. Or it could just be the ability to turn **** to gold lol.

-Le Me-

-Le Me-

Self-Certified Polymath
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
While I agree that 'good' in art does depend on the person viewing it, making it difficult to differentiate between good and bad designs since 'everything is opinion-based', but there's a reason why some artists are much much more popular than others, a reason why for some designs, more people manage to agree and share a same opinion on it and there's a reason why some artists are not popular and respected.

There is a reason for art schools, a reason for teaching lessons. While it's true that every individual can have their own opinion on everything, it's also true that in the end, we are all human beings. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you see it), humans share many things in common, including reasons as to why we find some things more appealing that others. Knowing the reasons behind 'finding things beautiful' and being able to manipulate those and create work that is supposed to be well-perceived by everyone else is what I personally consider being a 'good' artist.

Also, I would like to add that, while being a 'good' artist is a persuadable goal, especially when one focuses on fame, popularity and success, it's not everything. Sometimes, it's more satisfying to create art that satisfies yourself, not caring about what others think about it; simply being original and creative for the sake of it and because you as an individual enjoy doing so.

VirtusGraphics

VirtusGraphics

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To come up with ideas and designs that is rarely or never seen before.
Something that will inspire others, and diviate from what you usually see. Being able to work with not only the designs effectively, but also be good with customers and a overall professional attitude and workflow.
You don't have to know everything, you only have to know what you need to use, and why you have to use it. Using the correct software/process for the job. Making something cool looking, but also knowing his/her theory and history.
That's what I see as being good at design, and I strive to achieve that.

IrishCaveman

IrishCaveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Art is something that can not really be measured in terms of good and there are too many areas to say what being good means.
My best attempt would be "An artist who knows who to convey a message in a unique & inspiring way"

Top Bottom
Login
Register