• Start date
  • Views 723
Joshy

Joshy

Premium
Glitcher Mythical Veteran Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I always wondered what this BBM thing was then heard it was only for BlackBerries :frown:.
But guess what! This is available for iPhones as well :happy:. This is only for a single device at a time and you will not be able to install BBM into other devices and login with the same BlackBerry ID. To use BBM on multiple devices, create an additional BlackBerry ID with a separate email address. You will be able to chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone with features like sharing photos videos, mobile screen and many-more. BBM is continuously becoming popular among millions of user at mobile platform for chatting and connecting with friends or colleagues. It has a 2-way opt-in feature which provides full security and control over who adds you. One of my favorite features is that you can have more than 50 friends grouped together on chat to share pictures, videos, messages and other stuffs.

1. Download BBM for iPhone user iTunes App Store
To use the BBM application on your iPhone, it should have iOS v6 and iOS v7 or later.

2. Create a new account or log-in into BBM using a BlackBerry ID
After download, this service can be available by logging into the application using a BlackBerry ID, if you do not have a log-in ID to get into this app otherwise register yourself while creating a new user ID and password. When a user gets into their account to this available service, for iOS users the BBM allocates a PIN(Phone’s unique PIN number) same as like BlackBerry Messenger. It’s really useful because when users sign-in to BBM on another device with the same BlackBerry ID, it will ask user that they wants to switch the account to the new device or not. So, one ID can be used only on one device.

33xzjad.png

3. UNIQUE PIN LOG IN
When a user logs into their account for the first time, BBM automatically generates a PIN(Unique identifier), it is helpful to invite someone into the BBM contact by sharing PIN, or ask for theirs. A better way of communication, without sharing any personal information like; email address or phone number. User PIN Barcode (this looks like a QR code) is one more way to add new contacts on BBM rather than typing the PIN number. As soon as friend scans the PIN Barcode, both user will be in each other contact list. In this case no personal information with be exchanged except unique PINs. Sharing this PIN will enable you to add friends via SMS, email and social networks in addition to QR codes. Even if two iPhones users have the BBM app installed in their phone the PIN would first display in Messages and needs other the user to manually enter it. This BlackBerry function 2-way opt-in gives full security and control over who adds you. BBM is continuously becoming popular among millions of users at the mobile platform for chatting and connecting with friends or colleagues. Its 2-way opt-in feature provides full security and control over who adds you.

4. BACK-UP THE BBM CONTACTS
User contacts get automatically backed up when user uses a BlackBerry ID to login to BBM on Android or iPhone. If a user logs into a different device using the same BlackBerry ID, user will be prompted to restore their contact list.

NOTE:
BBM is available for BlackBerry and Android smartphones as well as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The BBM service without a Wi-Fi network connection requires a data plan and additional charges may be applicable on your plan as well. Enjoy!

Source

Last edited:
MAFINS

MAFINS

Radiated snowboarding and EDM
Reaction score
Sin$
:facepalm:
It's been like a year, and it's ultrapopular so I'm pretty sure it doesn't need a thread.

Joshy

Joshy

Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
:facepalm:
It's been like a year, and it's ultrapopular so I'm pretty sure it doesn't need a thread.

Dang, I'm pretty late, just catching up on lots of stuff in the social tech. I searched and didn't see it posted so I'm sharing with everyone else :wink:.

MAFINS

MAFINS

Radiated snowboarding and EDM
Reaction score
Sin$
Dang, I'm pretty late, just catching up on lots of stuff in the social tech. I searched and didn't see it posted so I'm sharing with everyone else :wink:.
So you haven't used BBM on your iPhone yet (assuming you have one because all of these threads)? Lol.

Joshy

Joshy

Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
So you haven't used BBM on your iPhone yet (assuming you have one because all of these threads)? Lol.

I got it recently, everyone I work with had BlackBerries and were using the BBM app for more of a professional use. So I was like let me check if it's available for iPhones. Then bang! I got it :happy:.

Top Bottom
Login
Register