What's new

News Assembly Map Editor Reveal (For Modding)

• Thread starter 2880249322
  • Start date
  • Views 8,845

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
AMD, Thunder (TJ), DeadCanadian, Xerax and I have been working on a Blam Engine map editor for the past 2 and a half months. And we're finally ready to show a "status update" on how it's going, and what It can do.

Some thinks it can do in summary:
  • Supports Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach Pre-Beta, Halo: Reach Beta, Halo: Reach, and around 8 builds of Halo 4.
  • Very fast meta editor (scnr, with invisibles, in under 1 second).
  • Updated meta editor features (quick scroll to reflexives, Jump To on tag refs)
  • And a lot of other stuff we didn't showoff.

Enjoy :tongue:

Last edited:
H

halo2jumper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol already supports Halo4. Why not show us some halo4 modding :wink:

E

Eerie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks pretty awesome so far. Good work, can't wait for a release.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
lol already supports Halo4. Why not show us some halo4 modding :wink:

Because the guys working on making this program doesn't like to brag/show off.

Please send me Halo 4 build? :smile:
If you search usenet, there is a build on there, and no it's not named "halo 4 beta build bla bla bla" as that would be obvious for everyone to have lol.

Thunder Waffle

Thunder Waffle

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Please send me Halo 4 build? :smile:
We don't have a full build though... Just one map released 8 times that we've been testing over teamviewer

I'm glad to see all the hype though about the future of our tool though. I hope you all plan on using it a lot.

Last edited:
Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$

If you search usenet, there is a build on there, and no it's not named "halo 4 beta build bla bla bla" as that would be obvious for everyone to have lol.
PM me.
We don't have a full build though... Just one map released 8 times.

I'm glad to see all the hype though about the future of our tool though. I hope you all plan on using it a lot.
That's better than nothing...

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$

Oh really?

H

halo2jumper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sadly he wont tell how its called there... I love this scene -.-*

IVIATTY

IVIATTY

When all else fails...cheat.
Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Did this thread really turn into a tutorial on how to download a non-existent beta from usenet?

Yes it did, if it is on the internet please don't release it. The suspense for halo 4 would be totally ruined.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it did, if it is on the internet please don't release it. The suspense for halo 4 would be totally ruined.

It is on the internet but people don't know what to search for so it is a good thing.

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
One thing that wasn't in the Q&A is the discovery of modifying scripts for custom things, such as noclip. Will modifying scripts be in Assembly?

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
One thing that wasn't in the Q&A is the discovery of modifying scripts for custom things, such as noclip. Will modifying scripts be in Assembly?
Possibly. We'd like to add it, but we need to figure out how to expand map files first so we can add the extra script chunks in. I'm working on it, but no promises.

H

halo2jumper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is on the internet but people don't know what to search for so it is a good thing.
why? Who cares if it gets leaked... its an old *** early build. This scene is so annoying. "Woa i know that the beta is on usenet, but i wont tell how its named there..."

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Possibly. We'd like to add it, but we need to figure out how to expand map files first so we can add the extra script chunks in. I'm working on it, but no promises.

Damn, alright. Scripts is one of the major things I'm looking forward to. Hopefully it will be complete! Good luck guys.

He actually doesn't know.

Oh, and to the skid who thinks it's funny to DDOS us, **** off. We aren't giving you Halo 4.
I guess that's why the site is pooping out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register