• Thread starter Parohdox
  • Start date
  • Views 6,439
Parohdox

Parohdox

I Love the Illuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
I can get a iPhone 3GS for $20 from a friend but i want to know if i can get 4G on the 3GS. I google'd it and there is apparently a tweak that can help me get 4G on a 3GS but i wanted to make sure before i bought the phone.

Operating System
  1. iOS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I can get a iPhone 3GS for $20 from a friend but i want to know if i can get 4G on the 3GS. I google'd it and there is apparently a tweak that can help me get 4G on a 3GS but i wanted to make sure before i bought the phone.

No...the phone has to have a certain chipset to be 4G capable. Any tweak that claims it is possible will only change the "3G" to say "4G", it doesn't and cannot change the actual data speed on the device.

Parohdox

Parohdox

I Love the Illuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
No...the phone has to have a certain chipset to be 4G capable. Any tweak that claims it is possible will only change the "3G" to say "4G", it doesn't and cannot change the actual data speed on the device.

Okay. Thank You. Last question. Is there a really big difference in 3G and 4G speeds?

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay. Thank You. Last question. Is there a really big difference in 3G and 4G speeds?

Oh ya, a massive difference. 4G is much faster than 3G. If you have the extra money, I suggest you invest in a 4G capable phone (at this point the iphone 5 if you can find any left since apple discontinued production) or the 5c or 5s. Those are the only 4G capable iPhones. All the rest of them are 3G capable only.

Parohdox

Parohdox

I Love the Illuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh ya, a massive difference. 4G is much faster than 3G. If you have the extra money, I suggest you invest in a 4G capable phone (at this point the iphone 5 if you can find any left since apple discontinued production) or the 5c or 5s. Those are the only 4G capable iPhones. All the rest of them are 3G capable only.

Alright. Thanks for the help. Sorry if it seemed like i was asking stupid questions lol. I've just never used 3G. I'll probably just upgrade to a S3 with T-mobile. I really don't want to shell out a couple hundred bucks for a iPhone.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright. Thanks for the help. Sorry if it seemed like i was asking stupid questions lol. I've just never used 3G. I'll probably just upgrade to a S3 with T-mobile. I really don't want to shell out a couple hundred bucks for a iPhone.

Haha don't even worry. A lot of people find all this crap with carriers confusing. That may be a good option at this point. The S3 is a great device. If you live in an area that supports 4G LTE, you will get speeds of around 25Mbps down and around 10Mbps up...at least that's how it was when my friend had one.

Parohdox

Parohdox

I Love the Illuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha don't even worry. A lot of people find all this crap with carriers confusing. That may be a good option at this point. The S3 is a great device. If you live in an area that supports 4G LTE, you will get speeds of around 25Mbps down and around 10Mbps up...at least that's how it was when my friend had one.

Wow. That's almost close to the speeds i get at home. Definitly will be looking to get a S3 soon. Finally can get rid of this damn S1. lol

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow. That's almost close to the speeds i get at home. Definitly will be looking to get a S3 soon. Finally can get rid of this damn S1. lol

It will be a nice upgrade, trust me. That phone is a great device, you will definitely love it. Just don't forget about us in the Apple section :tongue:

Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Kinda had my hopes up. I found an iPhone 3GS on the ground and I live near Reno...and I only get Edge speed. :frown:

percocet

percocet

Reaction score
Sin$
Ya something like that. Most of the bands in iPhones are either deactivated or throttled by the carrier updates so they don't reach their full speed.

aye, your a tech savvy guy :biggrin: i need some advice.... recently my iphone 4 was jacked in the football locker room and i needa buy a new phone, im really poor atm so i was gonna get an iphone 3gs and later buy an ipod 5th gen refurbished from apple... all i really need is instagram, soundclound, and music (about 4 albums) (#LogicIsLife aha) but would the iphone 3gs serve its purpose until i could afford the ipod or new iphone?

Top Bottom
Login
Register