What's new

Solved Any (recent) tuts on AI spawning in Reach?

• Thread starter cyanide4suicide
  • Start date
  • Views 3,706
C

cyanide4suicide

Reaction score
Sin$
I just recently started modding Halo, starting specifically with Halo Reach. I have Assembly and can edit simple things. Now I want to start AI spawning humans into Forge World but I wouldn't know where to begin and doing a bit of google searching doesn't turn up very many tutorials.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just recently started modding Halo, starting specifically with Halo Reach. I have Assembly and can edit simple things. Now I want to start AI spawning humans into Forge World but I wouldn't know where to begin and doing a bit of google searching doesn't turn up very many tutorials.
I can't say for sure as I have not messed with RTEing Reach that much. Try changing a weapon's projectile to bipd/masterchief. That is how you would do it back on halo 3 at least.

Upvote 0
Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't say for sure as I have not messed with RTEing Reach that much. Try changing a weapon's projectile to bipd/masterchief. That is how you would do it back on halo 3 at least.
Its pretty much that, they are not active and they are idle characters but its :bipd/objects/characters/spartans/spartans . In both Assembly and Ascension

Upvote 0
T

The404Spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything in this link will teach you how to pull this off in Halo 3. For Reach it should't be too off in terms of tweaking a thing here or there: http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/4321-ai-spawns/

Upvote 0
Zeltrax

Zeltrax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything in this link will teach you how to pull this off in Halo 3. For Reach it should't be too off in terms of tweaking a thing here or there: http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/4321-ai-spawns/
Halo reach is the same way 404, there is something that is a little different - you need to change the spawn point hlmt to "objects\multi\models\mp_spawn_point\mp_spawn_point"

T0NNe7p.jpg

Also, for Halo Reach you'll need to do something with gpix to get shaders to work (me and jjijr were working on that a while ago, it's really buggy and can break your map that's why we never released a tutorial)

Upvote 0
T

The404Spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo reach is the same way 404, there is something that is a little different - you need to change the spawn point hlmt to "objects\multi\models\mp_spawn_point\mp_spawn_point"
-snip-
Also, for Halo Reach you'll need to do something with gpix to get shaders to work (me and jjijr were working on that a while ago, it's really buggy and can break your map that's why we never released a tutorial)
Yeah I talked a little bit with JJIJR on gpix. It's simple to add onto the gpix but having it work in-game is another story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zeltrax

Zeltrax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I talked a little bit with JJIR on gpix. It's simple to add onto the gpix but having it work in-game is another story.
Yeah, he told me he gave it to you.
The Gpix fix is not worth the troubles, just wait until a update for assembly comes out that fixes the problem.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register