What's new

Mobile [Android/iOS] How to Tell if a Game/App is Server Sided.

• Thread starter Enigma
  • Start date
  • Views 39,921
Enigma

Enigma

Ultimate Buyer | HMU
A Milli 10th Anniversary Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Sinners,

I've seen too many request for server sided games on RapDog's Request a Hack Thread. If you have visited his thread and read his replies you've probably seen him say something like "game is server sided, sorry". Server sided games are games that save their data via server/cloud, and not on your device. Making it nearly impossible for it to be tampered with and have a lasting effect.

How to tell if a game is server sided:
  • Requires Login.
  • Requires Internet Connection (In most cases).
  • If it has an in-game leader board(not Game center's).
  • You cannot hack the game using Hacking Tools (e.g. GameGuardian or GameCHI).
  • Most PvP games are server sided.
List of Popular Server Sided Games:
  • Clash of Clans
  • Boom Beach
  • Hayday
  • Game of War
  • Original Gangstaz/Rock/HD
  • Global War/Riot/HD
  • iMob2
  • Race or Die 2/Furious
  • Iron Force
  • Fast & Furious 6: The Game
  • Royal Revolt 2
  • Animal Legends
  • Conquer Online II
  • Empire: Four Kingdoms
  • Fun Run
  • Racing Rivals
  • and Many MANY others...
*Games may be moddable with a jailbreak or root.*

Please remember anything is possible, but not that easy that you can only use an app, modded file, or modded APK to do so.

Sonic

Sonic

You're not even good enough to be my fake.
Premium
Frame In Gold Stickied Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I thought this was known through common sense but, nice tutorial I guess?

NotSoEvil

NotSoEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I like the idea of this thread, as I too was noticing quite the number of server sided games requested. Not only once either people were asking about the same games or the same hacks.

To go along with your thread though I do know that most games that require internet connection is server sided game, (why?) because your internet connection is being used to connect with their database, lets say you can change the value in your android or iDevice but the value in their database has a different value, then your value will be changed back into the one that is stored in their database. Unless you can find a way to make the database save your value then it's an "impossible hack", well its not really that impossible if SQL injection is allowed and we can inject our value. Also normally server sided game doesn't require you to save; the game is automatically saved and stored in their database, CMIIW.

FGE
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can not tell if a game is server sided i feel bad for you. No disrespect intended, and no im not talking about you OP

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
How to tell if a game is server sided:
  • Requires Login.
  • Requires Internet Connection (In most cases).
  • If it has an in-game leader board(not Game center's).
  • You cannot hack the game using Hacking Tools (e.g. GameGuardian or GameCHI).
  • Most PvP games are server sided.
Lol, false information. Everything you listed about 'how to tell if it is server sided' is false information.

Just change the thread into a list of server sided games that are not able to mod at this time.

Just to show you why you're wrong;
You said; "requires login",
Well that can just be for user information, not particularly for users stats/data. (Ex: The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Requires login for save data, but is still able to mod. That is because of data within the apps files, it has nothing to do with the server data).

You said; "requires internet connection"
Look at my first explanation and example.

You said; "in-game leaderboard"
That is mostly for scoring to share with friends/ world to show who is better.
(Ex: Temple Run 2 (apps like it);
Simple file edits or IDA).

You said; "you cannot hack it with modding tools (igameguardian/gamechi)"
That's only because data encryption which can be decrypted either hex or other methods.

You said; "most PvP games are server sided"
Data edits/IDA can mod most.
(Ex: FunRun can be modded through IDA even though it's all server based for the most part).

Last edited:
Enigma

Enigma

Ultimate Buyer | HMU
A Milli 10th Anniversary Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol, false information. Everything you listed about 'how to tell if it is server sided' is false information.

Just change the thread into a list of server sided games that are not able to mod at this time.

Well that can just be for user information, not particularly for users stats/data. (Ex: The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Requires login for save data, but is still able to mod. That is because of data within the apps files, it has nothing to do with the server data).

That's only because data encryption which can be decrypted either hex or other methods.

(Ex: FunRun can be modded through IDA even though it's all server based for the most part).

I didn't plan on going into mass detail over it. The point of this thread was so there isn't people who keep asking for hacks for games such as Clash of Clans. Also I didn't list Simpsons Tapped out cause I knew it could be modded. Santa Claws even had a free recovery service for it. I also said for in-game leaderboards that I was not talking about Gamecenter's which, if I am correct, is what old and new iOS games such as Temple Run, Doodle Jump, 2048, etc.. use. You also agreed with me that you cannot mod with modding apps. I agree with you that because of data encryption they are not usable unless you decrypt them, but that is going beyond using iGameGuardian in of itself. My last statement also stands true when I said that "Most PvP games are server sided", you said "Data edits and IDA can mod most." I said 'most', you said 'most'. I agree with you that they may be able to mod some but not quiet most. I will remove Fun Run from the list as you are correct there. In conclusion, I do believe you are wrong when you say
cause I do know that not EVERYTHING I said was false.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I also said for in-game leaderboards that I was not talking about Gamecenter's which, if I am correct, is what old and new iOS games such as Temple Run, Doodle Jump, 2048, etc.. use. You also agreed with me that you cannot mod with modding apps.
First, no, modding 'apps' have nothing to do with the app being server sided. That's what I was getting at. That point is irrelevant.

Give me a few apps that are 'up-to date'. A leaderboard has nothing to do with the game being server sided except for it reading your score and placing you on the leaderboard. Again, irrelevant to the game being modified because leaderboard is server sided.

Never be afraid to go into full detail because regardless, people will get confused. You are giving false information as I just proved to you that your points lack justification. Giving them the full detail will help them much more to understand how something works than for them to just assume what info they were given stands down to such conclusions.

S

staam0

Reaction score
Sin$
amazing i

Correct information ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register