What's new

Question All My iPhones Storage is listed as "Other" in iTunes. What do I do??

W

Wire55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently tried to backup my iphone 5 ios 9.2.1 to my computer, but I can't back it up because all the storage is listed as "Other" so iTunes has nothing to backup. Is updating to 9.3.1 the only way to fix this? I don't know what to do or how to fix it. Would updating it even fix the problem, or do I have to restore? I don't really want to restore because I can't backup all my apps and files located on it.

Thanks,
Wire55

Operating System
  1. iOS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently tried to backup my iphone 5 ios 9.2.1 to my computer, but I can't back it up because all the storage is listed as "Other" so iTunes has nothing to backup. Is updating to 9.3.1 the only way to fix this? I don't know what to do or how to fix it. Would updating it even fix the problem, or do I have to restore? I don't really want to restore because I can't backup all my apps and files located on it.

Thanks,
Wire55
When iTunes is working on figuring out what type of data you have on your device, it lists it as other. An iOS update is a good start. Once the update is finished, leave the device on and connected to iTunes. Give it a few minutes to figure out what you have stored on your device. The more you have, the longer it will take (it also depends on how long it's been since you last connected this device to iTunes). If you are still having issues after the firmware update, reinstall iTunes entirely, that should fix it.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks,
Wire55
Be sure to let me know how it goes for you as my brother is running into the same thing on his 5C.

W

Wire55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Be sure to let me know how it goes for you as my brother is running into the same thing on his 5C.
Sorry for the late reply, I decided against updating due to the possibility of me losing access to a jailbreak (The main reason for me remaining on 9.2.1 rather than updating to 9.3). I will hopefully have time to leave it plugged into my computer for a day or so to see if that fixes it. If and only if it doesn't, I will update to 9.3.1 or 9.3.2 (Whichever is available) to see if that will fix it. If updating doesn't fix it, I may reset the device, but no guarantees as I don't really want to lose all my game saves and all that.

Regards,
Wire55

Top Bottom
Login
Register