All I want for Christmas is a Wii U...

Discussion in 'Homepage' started by Carl, Jan 26, 2012 with 6 replies and 4,440 views.

1. Carl

Carl Retired Retired

View the Post on the Blog
  2. xxXtReMeZzz

xxXtReMeZzz Respect the Cosby. Cosby rules all.

Looks like an Ipad with analog sticks.
  3. Sega

Sega Retired Retired

As a longtime Nintendo fan I can say I'll be purchasing this during the Christmas season. I'm somewhat glad that Nintendo has avoided the competition by a year or two; it allows them to really excel for at least a year, and show gamers what they can actually bring to the plate, and perhaps convince a larger consumer-base to give the Wii-U a try.
  4. AzzidReign

AzzidReign A Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist. Administrator

Any information on how the touch pad (if that's what it is) is going to integrate into gaming? It seems rather stupid to me... I don't want to have to look down to mess with it...
  5. Liberation

Liberation I Can't Stop Sinning Premium

Well from what I've heard you still can use Wii controllers without the touch pad but if you buy the system it will come with one automatically. So I'm guessing you wont really need it for much of their games but I'll admit, that Zelda demo of the graphics and touch pad really amazed me.
  6. Sega

Sega Retired Retired

It's practically a portable (to an extent) screen for you to play on. So you can drag your game from the TV to the touchscreen on the Wii-U remote and continue where you left off.
  7. BuzzBeLuvinDis

BuzzBeLuvinDis Enthusiast

Rumour is that Nintendo are thinking of renaming the console. Will be interesting to see how that turns out.

As for the article itself, pending on the launch lineup, that is what will determine whether I get the console right away or wait.