Reaction score
Sin$
Did you guys here about this?

W

Woddell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Think it's a great idea. Making Laptops able to compete against tower PCs.

Jet1337

Jet1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Think it's a great idea. Making Laptops able to compete against tower PCs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to use an external monitor if you're using this thing. You also can't do SLI on it either.

(-_-)

(-_-)

6/22/13
CotM TotM FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
"very thin" "highly mobile"
**** is so thick and heavy, a Razer blade has better specs and is actually thin and portable. I bet that extra piece cost a arm and a leg.

W

Woddell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to use an external monitor if you're using this thing. You also can't do SLI on it either.

No. it plugs in to the back of the laptop. And complaining about SLI is just being picky really.

"very thin" "highly mobile"
**** is so thick and heavy, a Razer blade has better specs and is actually thin and portable. I bet that extra piece cost a arm and a leg.

It is compared to a PC ? no! Razer Blade can't be upgraded but ? Granted its only the GPU and maybe the RAM that you can upgrade in this. But i doubt you'd need to upgrade ram and cpu for a good few years anyway. But graphics cards change every few months and with this device you can always stay on top and it also helps with cooling. Baring in mind you'd not use this all the time. if your out and about the laptops gpu can do basic gaming if need be. But for real performance while gaming you'd want to be sitting down anyway. and it doesn't take up much space.

Jet1337

Jet1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure the dude said that when you use this thing, it disables the onboard GPU so you have to use an external monitor.

W

Woddell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure the dude said that when you use this thing, it disables the onboard GPU so you have to use an external monitor.

This is quoted from Alienware. '
  • Hook up your favorite displays: The graphics amplifier allows you to enjoy the performance of the desktop graphics card on your Alienware 13’s notebook LCD or on any external display connected to the amplifier.'

Top Bottom
Login
Register