ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Grizzled Veteran Bright Idea Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Since the recent patch for 360 and PS3 users **** blocked us from modding our inventory, this is a temporary work around. It's very simple and this will help everyone on any platform until OR unless a new method comes about on increasing inventory space.

Last edited:
T

ThornSnyder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't watch the video right now, but since there are no checks on the bank I'm quite positive the unlimited Vault glitch still works. One of my PS3 saves has every head/skin in the game in the Vault and nothing bad ever happens to it.

If that's what the video is covering, my apologies. As said I can't watch the video at the moment.

ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't watch the video right now, but since there are no checks on the bank I'm quite positive the unlimited Vault glitch still works. One of my PS3 saves has every head/skin in the game in the Vault and nothing bad ever happens to it.

If that's what the video is covering, my apologies. As said I can't watch the video at the moment.

It's a tutorial on storing weapons/items into your vault when it's already full by using consumable items.

T

ThornSnyder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a tutorial on storing weapons/items into your vault when it's already full by using consumable items.
Oh. The one I was talking about involved the buying and selling of items in the GUN/Medic store.

ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh. The one I was talking about involved the buying and selling of items in the GUN/Medic store.

With this, you can add like 1,000 consumables and just put it in the bank whenever when you start to become filled to the brim with weapons or items. This method is quick and easy.

T

ThornSnyder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With this, you can add like 1,000 consumables and just put it in the bank whenever when you start to become filled to the brim with weapons or items. This method is quick and easy.
Oh, you're meaning WITH modding. I'm meaning without.

I heard the Eridium Stick works for the same purpose you are using the consumables for.

ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh, you're meaning WITH modding. I'm meaning without.

I heard the Eridium Stick works for the same purpose you are using the consumables for.

Yeah, everything is explained in the video :tongue: I used something a little bit more creative than Eridium hehe.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Aw, I misread that. I thought you meant it was a workaround to get unlimited storage in the backpack again, rather than just an easy way to put stuff in an over-limit bank. Nice way of doing it...but now I'm sad (why u do this to us gearbox, whyyyyy :frown: )

ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Aw, I misread that. I thought you meant it was a workaround to get unlimited storage in the backpack again, rather than just an easy way to put stuff in an over-limit bank. Nice way of doing it...but now I'm sad (why u do this to us gearbox, whyyyyy :frown: )

Apparently the patch was labeled "To fix inventory scrolling problems" (lol). I will do my best to find a better solution when the DLC hits since I have a lot of things to release when it is out.

S

Siro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess most of the console guys missed it when this happened on the PC (and this still works on the PC, so assuming it should also be working the same way on console). But here's the super easy way of working around this without having to touch your save.

1. Go to your vault, open it.
2. Stuff it until it's full as normal
3. Now select an item you DON'T want to put into the vault from your backpack
4. This will put you over to the vault side of the menu, point -> back over to your backpack
5. Select a second item from your backpack
6. Game logic checks and notices your vault is full
7. Game logic decides that the second item you picked came from the vault because that's where it put you after you picked your first item even though we both know the second item came from your backpack.
8. Game logic puts your second item 'back' into the bank because it can't switch the first item for the second when the bank is full durhurr
9. herpity derpity bad game logic lets you store as many items as you want in the vault.

Okay, that was a few more steps than I needed, but such horribad game logic needs some emphasis. You don't need a full inventory to do this. Your vault doesn't have to be stuffed with consumable items to do this. Feel free to make a video tutorial :smile:

Incidentally, the patch didn't actually fix inventory scrolling problems. It just limited them by reducing the ability to cause them. Like giving a guy with a knife in his side some aspirin, the problem is still there.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess most of the console guys missed it when this happened on the PC (and this still works on the PC, so assuming it should also be working the same way on console). But here's the super easy way of working around this without having to touch your save.

4. This will put you over to the vault side of the menu, point -> back over to your backpack
7. Game logic decides that the second item you picked came from the vault because that's where it put you after you picked your first item even though we both know the second item came from your backpack.
8. Game logic puts your second item 'back' into the bank because it can't switch the first item for the second when the bank is full durhurr
9. herpity derpity bad game logic lets you store as many items as you want in the vault.

Okay, that was a few more steps than I needed, but such horribad game logic needs some emphasis. You don't need a full inventory to do this. Your vault doesn't have to be stuffed with consumable items to do this. Feel free to make a video tutorial :smile:

Incidentally, the patch didn't actually fix inventory scrolling problems. It just limited them by reducing the ability to cause them. Like giving a guy with a knife in his side some aspirin, the problem is still there.
So basically, if you have a full vault, select a dummy/random item from the backpack, and if you try to swap it with another item from the backpack (instead of a bank item like normal) it puts said second item in the bank? Interesting.

MoNsTeR_MaYhEm

MoNsTeR_MaYhEm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Man your awesome, I dont know how you do some of the things you do but I'm glad you do. I just made a acount on here but i have been useing your stuff since you started modding borderlands 2 ( ALSO FAT PAT 666 MODS) your both awesome at this and I just want to say thanks and keep up the great work.

T

Treybonew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Since the recent patch for 360 and PS3 users **** blocked us from modding our inventory, this is a temporary work around. It's very simple and this will help everyone on any platform until OR unless a new method comes about on increasing inventory space.

No offense DEFTONED, but this method is much easier, and doesn't require you to mod anything: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/unlimited-bank-space-glitch-no-mod-new-method.816452/

I have been doing this for a long time, and I can verify that it still works post patch. All it requires is that you have at least two items in your backpack. The first item you select will be the one that stays in your backpack. The second one is the one that you want to put in the bank.

1. Open your bank
2. Go to the "Store" tab
3. Select any item that you want to stay in your backpack
4. When the bank items come up, move your cursor back to your backpack and select the item that you want to store into your bank.
5. Hit the "A" button to swap
6. When you swap, the second item that you selected will be put into your bank.
7. Repeat until you have all items in your bank that you want to store

ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No offense DEFTONED, but this method is much easier, and doesn't require you to mod anything: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/unlimited-bank-space-glitch-no-mod-new-method.816452/

I have been doing this for a long time, and I can verify that it still works post patch. All it requires is that you have at least two items in your backpack. The first item you select will be the one that stays in your backpack. The second one is the one that you want to put in the bank.

1. Open your bank
2. Go to the "Store" tab
3. Select any item that you want to stay in your backpack
4. When the bank items come up, move your cursor back to your backpack and select the item that you want to store into your bank.
5. Hit the "A" button to swap
6. When you swap, the second item that you selected will be put into your bank.
7. Repeat until you have all items in your bank that you want to store

None taken. I just decided to post a different method so if people want to use that one, it's fine.

T

Treybonew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Yeah Siro, I just noticed that you posted this. The only thing I need to add is that you don't even have to have your bank full. You can just do it even when your bank is empty. Pointless as it is to do it then, but even still it just shows how weird the game logic is for storing things in the bank.

Top Bottom
Login
Register