What's new
  • This section is NOT for Console Modding Support or Queries.
    Please ensure any threads posted here are releases or guides as appropriate.
    If you require support, please post a new thread in Console Modding Support
    Thanks!

Tutorial Noobert's Flashing Guide | Phat | Slim | Burner Max | PayLoad | Burn Games

• Thread starter Noobert
  • Start date
  • Views 208,572

What Drive did You Flash with My Guide?

• Phat LiteOn

Votes: 65 55.1%
  • BenQ

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Samsung

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Hitachi

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Slim LiteOn Winbond

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Slim LiteOn MXIC

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Guys .... I've this xbox 360 version and I want to flash it but I've read on the internet that it can't be flashed till now so if anyone has a tutorial for it I would be very thankful to him.
My Dashboard : 2.0.16767.0
XBOX 360 E (2014)

The drive that you're gonna have, you'll have to RGH it 98% of the way in order to flash it + get a replacement PCB. It's a huge pain in the ***, and I'd honestly recommend sending it out rather than wasting the money to do it yourself.

It would require soldering skills, and I mean GOOD soldering skills. The new CR4 Chip. The JR Programmer v2, all the soldering materials, the Unlocked replacement PCB, a X360USB Pro to write the firmware, and a way to power the drive lol.

Pretty much here's an extremely make shift guide I'll type real quick:
1. Solder the CR4 to the Motherboard (Don't use the QSBs unless you plan on RGHing it in the future.)
2. Open JRunner
3. Read the Nand back 2 times and confirm there are no bad blocks/errors.
4. Create the modified ECC and Write it to the board
5. Turn on the console and wait for it to boot into XeLL
6. Copy down the DVD Key as well as the CPU.
7. Turn off the Xbox and go into JungleFlasher.
8. In JungleFlasher stay in the FirmwareTool 32 tab.
9. Hit Open Target Firmware.
10. If you have my pack downloaded go to the JungleFlasher Folder, and then the Firmware folder.
11. Go down and find the LTU for your Drive (LiteOn - 1175 and 1532 or Hitachi - 0500 and 0502)
12. It should load your Drive with the DVD Key completely Random like a bunch of 7777777....
13. Click Manual Spoofing
14. In the Top Bar type in your DVD Key EXACTLY as you saw it in XeLL.
15. Hit Check, and then OK. Click save to file and save it somewhere. Leave JungleFlasher Open.
16. Go back to JRunner and type in the CPU Key on the Left above the progress bar.
17. If typed correctly, JRunner should reprogram with all your Xbox's info.
18. At the top right it'll say Dash Version, Retail etc...
19. Choose Retail and the Dash you want.
20. Write the Nand to your Xbox.
21. On Confirmation that it was all written correctly with no errors, you're done with JRunner.
22. Unsolder EVERYTHING.
23. Make sure your console still powers on and goes to the retail dashboard.
24. If it does, congrats.
25. Remove the DVD Drive inside of the Xbox.
26. Open the DVD Drive up to reveal the PCB.
27. Remove the original PCB and put it somewhere safe.
28. Insert the Unlocked PCB and Solder it to the original points.
29. Go back into JungleFlasher and go to the DVDKey 32 tab and hit the button with the 3 (...) next to I/O Port.
30. It should load up the Replacement Unlocked PCB.
31. Go to MTK Flash 32 and hit Intro/Device ID. Hit Ok, and power off and on the Drive.
32. When it re-initiates click the Unlock SPI button at the bottom right
33. Click Write
34. When successful, hit outro/ata reset a bunch of times, then hit Intro again and power cycle it.
35. Hit Lock SPI
36. Hit Outro again a bunch of times
37. If the drive comes up as normal like it should, then you're all set and you've successfully flashed your drive :smile:

And before you hit the spoiler button I will say again, it's a very make shift guide lol just to give you an idea.

Cloud 9

Cloud 9

Flyin high on Cloud 9
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Guys .... I've this xbox 360 version and I want to flash it but I've read on the internet that it can't be flashed till now so if anyone has a tutorial for it I would be very thankful to him.
My Dashboard : 2.0.16767.0
XBOX 360 E (2014)

ZibEfa.jpg
I can do it for like $120 is it 4gb or 250gb

T

tony46113

Reaction score
Sin$
I powered my 360 on WITHOUT the sata cable connected to the dvd drive. Is there a pretty good chance that my 360 is flagged and will be banned from Xbox Live when I connect to it? The power cable for the dvd drive was connected, but the sata cable was not.

I thought using the 360 to power the dvd drive when flashing was a option, but then I started reading a bunch of stuff about the system being flagged because it was powered on without a dvd drive detected.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I powered my 360 on WITHOUT the sata cable connected to the dvd drive. Is there a pretty good chance that my 360 is flagged and will be banned from Xbox Live when I connect to it? The power cable for the dvd drive was connected, but the sata cable was not.

I thought using the 360 to power the dvd drive when flashing was a option, but then I started reading a bunch of stuff about the system being flagged because it was powered on without a dvd drive detected.

Nah you'll be fine. A lot of people say that it doesn't really flag you, and that it was a Rumor Team-Xecuter made up to increase their sales on the X360USB Pro.

I doubt you'll be flagged, especially with Microsoft worrying about the Xbone sales for Christmas.

T

tony46113

Reaction score
Sin$
So I finally have a flashed 360! Ended up doing it with one of the Connectivity Kit V4 with Integrated PMT and Unlock Probe I got off eBay. Probably a Chinese knockoff of the Xecuter stuff, but it worked! I found a YouTube tutorial that explained the part that was different from the tutorial that I was following on here.

So my LiteOn drive has been flashed. I have a few ISO's. Running them through ABGX360 is giving me issues. I'm following the guide here, but I'm getting a lot of yellow and one red line (Topology data is blank!).

I think most of that is coming from the application not being able to talk to abgx360.net for whatever reason.

First line after loading the ISO and hitting "Launch" is ... "ERROR: Could not resolve host: abgx360.net; Host not found, try again. There seems to be a problem with the db so online functions have been disabled. Try again later ..."

I'm running version 1.0.6

Any advice on this one?

T

tony46113

Reaction score
Sin$
So I finally have a flashed 360! Ended up doing it with one of the Connectivity Kit V4 with Integrated PMT and Unlock Probe I got off eBay. Probably a Chinese knockoff of the Xecuter stuff, but it worked! I found a YouTube tutorial that explained the part that was different from the tutorial that I was following on here.

So my LiteOn drive has been flashed. I have a few ISO's. Running them through ABGX360 is giving me issues. I'm following the guide here, but I'm getting a lot of yellow and one red line (Topology data is blank!).

I think most of that is coming from the application not being able to talk to abgx360.net for whatever reason.

First line after loading the ISO and hitting "Launch" is ... "ERROR: Could not resolve host: abgx360.net; Host not found, try again. There seems to be a problem with the db so online functions have been disabled. Try again later ..."

I'm running version 1.0.6

Any advice on this one?

Might have got a little ahead of myself on this one. I downloaded Daily StealthFiles archive (for offline use) from the ABGX360 site. When I ran my ISO the first time, I still had the "Topology data is blank!" line, but I just ran it through a second time, and there is nothing yellow or red. The one and only blue line I see says "Querying the online database - 100% [======================] 35"

And in white it ways "Topology information was downloaded sucessfully" ....

I'm guessing that I am good to go at that point.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Might have got a little ahead of myself on this one. I downloaded Daily StealthFiles archive (for offline use) from the ABGX360 site. When I ran my ISO the first time, I still had the "Topology data is blank!" line, but I just ran it through a second time, and there is nothing yellow or red. The one and only blue line I see says "Querying the online database - 100% [======================] 35"

And in white it ways "Topology information was downloaded sucessfully" ....

I'm guessing that I am good to go at that point.

It's because ABGX's servers got changed.

Just redownload ABGX from http://abgx360.xecuter.com/

And then just reapply the settings :smile:

N

Newcomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the well explained tutorial!
I read the whole tutorials of DG-16D4S flashing and have one question about the method of replacement PCB.
Team Xcuter stopped selling their unlocked 16D4S PCBs but eBay is full of DG-16D4S PCBs anyway.. Let's say I buy one of these PCBs available on eBay, flash it, lock it.. In the future I need to flash it to stock because of a dashboard update, how may I unlock it again? Do you have any recommendation of an unlocked PCB that can be unlocked/re-locked anytime (preferably on eBay)?

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the well explained tutorial!
I read the whole tutorials of DG-16D4S flashing and have one question about the method of replacement PCB.
Team Xcuter stopped selling their unlocked 16D4S PCBs but eBay is full of DG-16D4S PCBs anyway.. Let's say I buy one of these PCBs available on eBay, flash it, lock it.. In the future I need to flash it to stock because of a dashboard update, how may I unlock it again? Do you have any recommendation of an unlocked PCB that can be unlocked/re-locked anytime (preferably on eBay)?

If you're gonna buy one from eBay, make sure it says it's already unlocked.

As for flashing to stock before an update, you don't need to.

C4Eva announced that it's safe to update with LT Plus installed. I doubt at this time in the 360s life, if they release another Dashboard update, it's not going to flash you to stock. That hasn't happened in such a long time, and it's highly unlikely they'll do it again before the 360 is disconnected from the servers in 2016.

As for unlocking the drive, if you get one off eBay, if it already has a hole drilled into it then yes you can just unlock it with a click of a button.

If it doesn't then you're going to have to unlock it manually using the Kamikaze method.

But like I said, I wouldn't waste your time flashing back to stock before updating, I haven't done that in almost 4 years lol and still not banned.

N

Newcomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're gonna buy one from eBay, make sure it says it's already unlocked.

As for flashing to stock before an update, you don't need to.

C4Eva announced that it's safe to update with LT Plus installed. I doubt at this time in the 360s life, if they release another Dashboard update, it's not going to flash you to stock. That hasn't happened in such a long time, and it's highly unlikely they'll do it again before the 360 is disconnected from the servers in 2016.

As for unlocking the drive, if you get one off eBay, if it already has a hole drilled into it then yes you can just unlock it with a click of a button.

If it doesn't then you're going to have to unlock it manually using the Kamikaze method.

But like I said, I wouldn't waste your time flashing back to stock before updating, I haven't done that in almost 4 years lol and still not banned.
Thank you for your prompt answer!
I was worried about flashing to stock period to updating the dashboard but what you just said relaxed me LOL. In fact that's why I got the tools and was planning on doing it myself instead of sending it to someone.. I didn't want to re-send it again to be flashed to stock whenever a dashboard update comes.
BTW, I got this to power the drive.. Will something like this work? For the SATA I don't need the X360USB thing since I've got a secondary desktop PC with compatible SATA (i945 ICH7).
For unlocking a third party PCB once locked, I noticed they use different chips (not starting with 03 and 05).. Will that Kamikaze hack even work with these chips? Is the point which needs to be drilled placed in the exact same place like the Winbond chips? I'm aware that different chips usually have different circuit design and that's why I'm asking..

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for your prompt answer!
I was worried about flashing to stock period to updating the dashboard but what you just said relaxed me LOL. In fact that's why I got the tools and was planning on doing it myself instead of sending it to someone.. I didn't want to re-send it again to be flashed to stock whenever a dashboard update comes.
BTW, I got this to power the drive.. Will something like this work? For the SATA I don't need the X360USB thing since I've got a secondary desktop PC with compatible SATA (i945 ICH7).
For unlocking a third party PCB once locked, I noticed they use different chips (not starting with 03 and 05).. Will that Kamikaze hack even work with these chips? Is the point which needs to be drilled placed in the exact same place like the Winbond chips? I'm aware that different chips usually have different circuit design and that's why I'm asking..

I assume that thing will work for powering the drive, but I can't really read anything on the site so I can't know for sure lol. From the pictures, I'll say yeah it'll power it.

As for unlocking a 3rd party PCB, I'm not 100% about the 03/05 and if the Kamikaze will work on it or not. I never bought a 3rd party one, but I'd assume if it's a 3rd party it'll lock/unlock without drilling.

That would be my guess though, but don't take my word for that.

N

Newcomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One last question: Can I use an unlocked PCB that says 9504 with a drive that has different firmware revision (0225 for example).. Take this for example.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
One last question: Can I use an unlocked PCB that says 9504 with a drive that has different firmware revision (0225 for example).. Take this for example.

Yeah that'll work fine. Cause once you unlock it, since it's all LiteOns, you can use whatever firmware on there.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Let me know if you need anymore help, my skype is at the bottom of the first post :smile:

A

alucard13

Reaction score
Sin$
The tutorial helped me a lot but i still have some questions. I have an xbox 360 slim, mfg date of 12-28-10. I am not sure what DVD drive i have in it but i was going to open it tomorrow to find out.

If i have any of the liteon drives, would i be able to flash using the usb pro v2? I was also considering getting the XKEY that says it will play backed up games from and external HDD. What I am also confused at is needing and RGH and/or a PCB? When looking at the descriptions for the usb pro v2 and xkey i dont see anywhere where it talks about drilling a hole anywhere.

Also, when i see areas talking about the dashboard update is this talking about the xbox dashboard or one of the programs used to flash the dvd drives?

I hope to be able to open the xbox 360 tomorrow to give a for sure answer on the type of drive.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I modded my old original xbox years ago, but things sure have changed.

Top Bottom
Login
Register