What's new

Discussion A GTA 5 Christmas update is on the way, let's take a look at what's releasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo

Halo

AIDS for everyone
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
actual_1418914340.jpg

The announcement came on Thursday that there are many updates coming to Grand Theft Auto V. GTA Online, the game's multi-player, will have a variety of updates given to it and it will bring the holiday season into your home in new and exciting ways. Let's dig in and see what they're up to.

Weapons, weapons, weapons: There will be a Homing Missle Launchers and Proximity Mines being added. Boy, doesn't that sound like fun? If they're half as good as the homing rockets in Destiny, I'll be hooked on this. They also will be adding snowball fights! Throw balls of ice and or snow with ugly Christmas sweaters (Hey, those weren't grandma's, Rockstar made them ugly on purpose) and some cookie-face masks. This will all be for free so make sure to get your Christmas swagger on in GTA V. It sounds nice and dandy so far, but what about more free stuff? We all love free don't we?
2762126-gta3.jpg

Baby it's cold outside: Snow days are part of an extremely rare weather system moving through Los Santos. From what has been written on it, you will be able to abuse this to your liking in many ways. Snowball fights filled with ice are just the beginning as you'll be able to walk out with four new vehicles as well. They are the Hot Rod Christmas Ratloader, Slam Van, and options for your Massacra plus Jester sports cars with new Race liveries. Hey, who doesn't like new cars?

Crate's are dropping: Special crates are purportedly going to fall now through January 5th and will include some of the best rare look out there in collectibles. Woo! In addition to this on December 25th you can find some other "Christmas Gifts" by going to your apartment and looking in your inventory. The same deal goes with December 24th through January 5th as New Year's Eve will leave you able to get the new Firework Launcher and Firework Rocket Ammo, letting you shoot fireworks into the sky.

You can even tune in for a live stream that starts tomorrow December 19th at 4pm ET at twitch.tv/rockstargames for the Official GTA Online Holiday Party Live stream. They will even be inviting friendly members of chat to join them live in the lobbies on both PlayStation 4 (4-5pm) and Xbox One (5-6pm). They will be donning Gingerbread Man Masks and unwrapping and playing with all of the new fast Festive Surprise toys.

It sounds like a great old time personally. Will you be joining in on the mayhem and fun? Post below if so.

Source:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-christmas-update-adds-snowball-fights-ugly-s/1100-6424298/

Last edited:
Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is all of this purely for Online mode or will this update apply to Story mode too?

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It looks like there were no details on this when I was doing reading.
Hmm, My guess is that all but maybe the drops, xmas gift, and snowball fights will be on Story mode. If you find out let me know.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That Gingerbread Mask :hilarious:
It qualifies as a Halloween mask in my opinion! :roflmao:

Nothing brings holiday cheer like someone running at you with a Gingerbread man mask and a shotgun! xD

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the submission Halo Halo but I will not be promoting this to the Homepage. If you have any questions as to why it was denied feel free to send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register