Show Off First Anime Background

• Thread starter HannerGreg
  • Start date
  • Views 267
HannerGreg

HannerGreg

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey! Here is my first ever anime piece. I need some help on the lighting and filling in some empty space. There is some stuff in the background that I added, but imgur doesn't really show it. Please tell me your opinion in the comments :smile:

C45MzSN.jpg

Sarah Raw Raw SneakiestKent SneakiestKent SGTR0CK117 SGTR0CK117 Kin Carbine

SGTR0CK117

SGTR0CK117

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well mate for first piece it ain't bad, but there a few things that you could look into IMO.
Size render is to small for the BG, and is placed centrally on the BG so have a read up on the rule of thirds. Looks like you have done a little of blending trying to get the light the same on both the BG and the focal so nice effort on that. Overall the tag is to dark but given you have done sone blending the first thing you could try is adding a brightness and contrast layer on top and adjusting your sliders to suit, also add a purple and orange gm and set opacity down to about 20-22% this will help with the blending and depth a little. As for the BG too blurred, depth isn't just about blurring something to make it seem further away, its also about shadows and tones and your lighting plays a big part in this, that's why good lighting is critical to a good tag. Text is also central and placed away from the render, typically with tags it is placed on one of the 4 intersection points (see rule of thirds for this) and close to the focal so as not to draw away attention from your focal.
Lastly fx, not sure if you have used things like c4d, fractals etc, basically you these for fx and to create interest points and flow in your tags.

I know there is a lot to take in but do so searches for some tutorials and it will help you understand and gl.
A pretty decent effort for first one I'd say KIU :smile:

Last edited:
SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks good, but I don't like the render just because the background doesn't fit in. It matches but doesn't fit. I love the text for A+ on that. Coloring is ehh, workable with me. I think you need to size down the background.

Raw

Raw

Misunderstood
Mythical Veteran Programmer Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
I like it, but for my opinion you could of change the render it doesn't match the background. Don't give up, try again and upload the result ill love to see it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register