• Thread starter Entriquit
  • Start date
  • Views 248
Entriquit

Entriquit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there, i've been trying to get Eclipse installed on my computer but it will just not work.
I have tried almost every version, even tried downgrading my java. I do have jdk installed, im currently running windows 8.1 64bit.

Whenever I try to open it it says "Eclipse was unable to open companion location"

Anyone have any idea what is wrong or how I can fix it?

Chris7S

Chris7S

Nerd by definition, programmer by trade
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there, i've been trying to get Eclipse installed on my computer but it will just not work.
I have tried almost every version, even tried downgrading my java. I do have jdk installed, im currently running windows 8.1 64bit.

Whenever I try to open it it says "Eclipse was unable to open companion location"

Anyone have any idea what is wrong or how I can fix it?
Have you also downloaded and installed the SDK needed? Are you creating Android applications or computer software? Here is a download for the SDK and Eclipse in one which should get it working for you. Make sure you choose Eclipse IDE for Java Developers. You also need to do some configurations and download some files from the Package Manger before you get it working 100%.

If you are trying to create mobile applications I would recommend checking out Android Studio as it is easier to set up if you continue to have issues with Eclipse.

Top Bottom
Login
Register