What's new

Tutorial How to HotSwap an Xbox 360 250GB (SLIM)

• Thread starter Sullly3
  • Start date
  • Views 24,548
melon2007

melon2007

92% Halo
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hotswapping is basically swapping out the spinning disc with another really quick so that it reads the new one put in. It's so that you can play with a .iso (usually for mods like GTA IV, CoD WAW, etc) without having to go through the process of flashing your xbox 360. Note that you still have to buy the original game disc in order to hotswap, unlike flashing in which you don't.

so you can download iso games and burn them and play them? is that what you are saying

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
so you can download iso games and burn them and play them? is that what you are saying
If your flash your xbox 360, then yes. If you mean hotswapping then no, I said you'll need the retail purchased disc + .iso copy with mods on it. That's the only reason why people hotswap really.

melon2007

melon2007

92% Halo
Reaction score
Sin$
If your flash your xbox 360, then yes. If you mean hotswapping then no, I said you'll need the retail purchased disc + .iso copy with mods on it. That's the only reason why people hotswap really.

ohh I think I get it. so you only do it for modding and using discs with modded game files on them

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
ohh I think I get it. so you only do it for modding and using discs with modded game files on them
Yes, for the most part. I don't see any other reason to do it, except that you could use an .iso copy if your original retail disc is horribly scratched and freezes a lot, then install the .iso one to your hdd or just play it instead.

M

Mr Derpa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait wait wait... Does this work with the 120 gb elite? Because I went through a lot to open up my xbox :frown:

In fact my retail disk has suffered so much abuse that the scratches sometimes make the disk unrecognizable :frown:

melon2007

melon2007

92% Halo
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, for the most part. I don't see any other reason to do it, except that you could use an .iso copy if your original retail disc is horribly scratched and freezes a lot, then install the .iso one to your hdd or just play it instead.

thanks for the clarification +rep

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait wait wait... Does this work with the 120 gb elite? Because I went through a lot to open up my xbox :frown:

In fact my retail disk has suffered so much abuse that the scratches sometimes make the disk unrecognizable :frown:
You should be able to hotswap on any xbox 360, slims are bit harder but it's possible like any other one.

Twist3dviSiOn

Twist3dviSiOn

Reaction score
Sin$
Hotswapping is basically swapping out the spinning disc with another really quick so that it reads the new one put in. It's so that you can play with a .iso (usually for mods like GTA IV, CoD WAW, etc) without having to go through the process of flashing your xbox 360. Note that you still have to buy the original game disc in order to hotswap, unlike flashing in which you don't.

hey can't do this need help i want to do this for gta 4 and i have a new about 2012-2013 xbox slim. Do i need a 8gb usb to do this because i have 16gb usb insteed

HypedShibby

HypedShibby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
is it possible to do this : have a cod iso burnt to a disk but when hotswapping swap it with say gta so that it installs cod instead of gta????

T

Toothless

7s Official Dragon
Reaction score
Sin$
The size of the HDD doesn't matter. It just needs to have enough space on it to store the game. Hotswapping is a method used for all 360's. No matter what size HDD you have. 
is it possible to do this : have a cod iso burnt to a disk but when hotswapping swap it with say gta so that it installs cod instead of gta????
No you have to put example World at War in then go to install game. When prompted to select a memory device, then switch (hotswap) the disc with the ISO one and start the installation process.

HypedShibby

HypedShibby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The size of the HDD doesn't matter. It just needs to have enough space on it to store the game. Hotswapping is a method used for all 360's. No matter what size HDD you have. 

No you have to put example World at War in then go to install game. When prompted to select a memory device, then switch (hotswap) the disc with the ISO one and start the installation process.

I know how to hotswap. But can i hotswap one game with another?

T

Toothless

7s Official Dragon
Reaction score
Sin$
But how would it install GTA if GTA isnt the disk that is inserted afterwards?
The modded files in the ISO are what allows the game to be modded. The console reads the files when launching the game because it installs World at War. Therefore, it reads the World at War on the My Games list where the modded files in the downloaded game are.

Top Bottom
Login
Register