What's new

Tutorial Easiest Way to Softmod An Original Xbox (USB Noob-Friendly)

• Thread starter Atlas
  • Start date
  • Views 202,082
A

awesomeblob1234

Reaction score
Sin$
You'll have to search around using Google Shopping. I actually used a 2GB iPod Nano for this.
Wait, so can I use my 8gb 3rd gen iPod Nano to Softmod my Xbox?

justeve

justeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I always used this method when I was soft modding them.
I had a sweet Xbox with a led screen and a Xecuter chip.
Oh those were the days.
I still have a Xbox memory unit and Splinter cell though.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I always used this method when I was soft modding them.
I had a sweet Xbox with a led screen and a Xecuter chip.
Oh those were the days.
I still have a Xbox memory unit and Splinter cell though.
The Hard-Modded Xbox's were so epic. I need to get one of those sometime if someone is ever selling one in the B/S/T haha. I have my OG Xbox that is softmodded but having a hard-modded one with the screen or maybe an XDK would be nice.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The Hard-Modded Xbox's were so epic. I need to get one of those sometime if someone is ever selling one in the B/S/T haha. I have my OG Xbox that is softmodded but having a hard-modded one with the screen or maybe an XDK would be nice.
ya I have had a few chances to get my hands on a x3 hard modded console, but the people that where selling them where charging way to much

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
ya I have had a few chances to get my hands on a x3 hard modded console, but the people that where selling them where charging way to much
How much were they asking for?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
over $100, there was one what was a good deal but I had to pay for shipping from the UK and that to me was way to much
Yeah, that's not really worth it these days. Were they selling it on here or elsewhere?

J

jpsls

Reaction score
Sin$
Where do you find these USB's? Most of the compatible ones have been discontinued.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Where do you find these USB's? Most of the compatible ones have been discontinued.
I actually used my 2gb iPod Nano for this myself. As far as the USB's go, I'd say try eBay or Google Shopping. :smile:

J

jpsls

Reaction score
Sin$
So my xbox formatted my usb to FATX. However when I plug it into my computer and open Xplorer360, it says "could not find FATX drive to open."

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So my xbox formatted my usb to FATX. However when I plug it into my computer and open Xplorer360, it says "could not find FATX drive to open."
Are you using the Xplorer360 included on the first post in this thread?

J

jpsls

Reaction score
Sin$
Are you using the Xplorer360 included on the first post in this thread?

i got it to work now. For whatever reason, Windows 7 wouldn't let Xplorer360 read my USB. Moved over to Vista and it worked.

KajDarkwind

KajDarkwind

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I'm new, and I have a question. I recently got an Xbox at goodwill, and it came preloaded with softmod files, though they haven't been installed. I have everything I need to softmod it, except a working USB drive. I'm having trouble finding any from the list of compatible ones. Id rather use newer softmod files, such as the latest version of XBMC4XBOX. My question is, is there a way to do this without a flash drive, such as installing the softmod that's on there, setting up FTP, and transferring the new mod files that way, then installing them over the current install? Or does anyone have a compatible flash drive they'd sell me? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Top Bottom
Login
Register