• Views 4,088
BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are drawing from a reference then it's probably because you can't do proper proportions.
Yeah, that was my biggest issue. But, you just have to look at where lines end, then look right across and try to proportionate that way. Kind of hard to explain how I do it.

(-_-)

(-_-)

6/22/13
CotM TotM FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, that was my biggest issue. But, you just have to look at where lines end, then look right across and try to proportionate that way. Kind of hard to explain how I do it.
Yeah, it's really easy if you do some math. You have to take the reference picture and make a grid and then draw that same grid proportional to that picture and you can easily break it down bit by bit. Then just erase the light grid and it'll be good. I forgot the formula to properly make it though... I'll see if I can find some old pictures I drew in art.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, it's really easy if you do some math. You have to take the reference picture and make a grid and then draw that same grid proportional to that picture and you can easily break it down bit by bit. Then just erase the light grid and it'll be good. I forgot the formula to properly make it though... I'll see if I can find some old pictures I drew in art.
Yeah, that's the quadrant thing I was talking about. I have been drawing since I was little and I just go right into it. I have been looking up techniques and different ways to draw to help improve myself and the grid was one of them, but sadly I couldn't grasp it. Some reason everything was always off just a tad or something.

I just keep looking at what I am drawing or referencing and look back at the paper. I just sketch what is in my head as proportionate as I can and go from there.

What I have started doing now is I work on the face till I have it the way I want and then I just very lightly and quickly sketch the rest as fast as I see it in my head and then start in random places. It's very weird how I do it for some reason.

Star Fox

Star Fox

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's mine. Just drew it.
10155797_720544298019974_9012868470497656669_n.jpg

Star Fox

Star Fox

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
thx guys try and draw something for someone if they want me to.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I like drawing too. At least I used to years ago. I kinda feel like starting up again after looking through this thread. :smile: Here are some of my old ones I just found in a drawer...
JGVYAbp.jpg

EIZqe4B.jpg

JMG6gMI.jpg

e6A2b9e.jpg

7s6Ghye.jpg

exVat1O.jpg

Arxhive

Arxhive

NØISEWΛVE
Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I like drawing too. At least I used to years ago. I kinda feel like starting up again after looking through this thread. :smile: Here are some of my old ones I just found in a drawer...
JGVYAbp.jpg

EIZqe4B.jpg

JMG6gMI.jpg

e6A2b9e.jpg

7s6Ghye.jpg

exVat1O.jpg
CALVIN AND HOBBES <3

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Legendary Veteran Seasoned Veteran Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn these look good! I can't even properly draw a Stickman figure lol..

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
JGVYAbp.jpg

EIZqe4B.jpg

JMG6gMI.jpg

e6A2b9e.jpg

7s6Ghye.jpg

exVat1O.jpg
Oh, you so should get back into it. I'm going to draw you a picture tonight. In return, you draw me one c:

Top Bottom
Login
Register