• Start date
  • Views 15,859
RumpleForeskin

RumpleForeskin

FreeMustacheRides
Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
Been doing this for about 45 mins found 2 legends 13 blues right now about 1600 kills in as well buddy has found 1 legend 14 blues. A are running on lvl 24 difficulty as well

Last edited:
The Agency

The Agency

Last day of Premium
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I just did this for and hour and got up to 1200 kills with no luck of a legendary and a few rares but then when I came back and changed it to level 20 I got a legendary on my first wave of enemies. (The Luck of the Irish is Real)

Made in Australia
Reaction score
Sin$
So I just did this for and hour and got up to 1200 kills with no luck of a legendary and a few rares but then when I came back and changed it to level 20 I got a legendary on my first wave of enemies. (The Luck of the Irish is Real)

Hmm I'll increase the difficulty when I finish work today. Did you shoot them straight way or let them come out a bit ?

NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My understanding is that the enemy level has no effect on loot drop chance. However, I feel that hard mode makes a difference, and that yellow bar enemies have higher drop rates (not worth focusing them).

Hmm I'll increase the difficulty when I finish work today. Did you shoot them straight way or let them come out a bit ?
I'm 99.99% sure that killing them inside or outside the door has no effect on loot drops. Fire the second those thralls are visible.
In my experience level 9 = level 20 in terms of drop chances...

Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Got a primary legendary engram and got 2 strange coins for it :/ I am never going to get a legendary or even a RARE assault rifle at this rate.

The Agency

The Agency

Last day of Premium
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I got it in the middle of the door so I guess right in the door.

superawesomekickas

superawesomekickas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i always wondered if glimmer cards could help. they really need to change that rng **** it makes the game so *** to the point i dont even want to play it.

Made in Australia
Reaction score
Sin$
i always wondered if glimmer cards could help. they really need to change that rng **** it makes the game so *** to the point i dont even want to play it.

Tell me about it I have 2 friends both at lvl 19-21 and they got 3 legendary and I struggle at 22 fml :frown:

NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tell me about it I have 2 friends both at lvl 19-21 and they got 3 legendary and I struggle at 22 fml :frown:
I have about 8 legendaries and an exotic scout rifle yet only level 25...
Sick of not getting armor drops so trying to get rank two crucible now :/

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
i did this 3 times for 2000 kills each time. Got 3-4 legendary engrams, bunch of blues and didnt score one actual legendary item. Got a few strange coins and a bunch of glimmer, leveled my cryptarch too. Gonna try again tomorrow

K

karriem2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i did this 3 times for 2000 kills each time. Got 3-4 legendary engrams, bunch of blues and didnt score one actual legendary item. Got a few strange coins and a bunch of glimmer, leveled my cryptarch too. Gonna try again tomorrow
whats your level and cryptarch rank though?

x_GMaN_iz_GoD_z

x_GMaN_iz_GoD_z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone wanna party up with me on PS4 and try? I used another method using a lvl 5 patrol and got like 4 blues and a bunch of uncommon after like 30 min

SelfEvident

SelfEvident

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I found a pretty neat trick to add to everyone's farming game...

Pretty simple, just rubber band your right trigger down so that you just continuously fire. Your character will initially shoot to the right of the doorway, but as enemies get closer, you will auto-aim towards them. As for ammo, you may notice your character get low at times, but normally my guy ends up killing a really close guy who drops 200 ammo by the time I get down to like 100 ammo left. Also, you reticle always resets after your clip empties, so don't worry about recoil.

Overall your character will kill like 5 Thrall per life, but with this trick, you can set your controller down and go do something else for a few hours and come back to all the goodies. So, not as time-efficient, but you can do this trick when you're tired of actually doing it yourself.

Happy hunting!

*EDIT: Even if you run out of ammo, it will restore after you die. This means that this is literally a way to farm for hours without being at your console.

I've been at it for an hour and haven't been pinged or seen as not active. Will update with results.

UPDATE: So just holding the trigger down eventually faded my screen and I got sent back to menu as inactive. I then tried rubber banding the joystick foward all the way, and again I was picked up. I am now trying to rubber band BOTH triggers and seeing if it'll pick up as individual pulls and not send me back to menu. As a side note, so far I'm averaging about 8 kills per death, so this is being more efficient at least. Again, I'll update with results...

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register