• Start date
  • Views 521
DamageSource

DamageSource

I don't know what I'm doing..
10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I noticed on my PS4, I was given access to the PlayStation Now beta which wasn't there yesterday. Here are my thoughts so far, feel free to tell how you feel about it.

Yes indeed we all know its in beta, so naturally the games list is going to be small. When I launched it, I was quite surprised at the amount of content they had available. I saw at least 5 or 6 games i never got the chance to playing on my ps3 so its awesome to see I can play them. Below is a list of my pros and cons:

Pros:
-PS3 game streaming for those of us who no longer own a PS3.
-Ability to rent a game for 4 hours at what looks like a pretty low price (saw games from $1.99)
-Playing the games felt pretty nice. Couple hiccups here and there but overall a great experience so far.

Cons:
-Not all games let you do the cheap 4 hour trial
-Some games are a little over priced for the age
-With out "Ultimate Editions" it says DLC doesn't work with PS Now (Just Cause 2 perfect example)
-No buy-to-own option on there. Yeah it's beta, yeah it MAY come, but I'd like to own the game in case it's no longer available in the future.
-Previously owned digital downloaded games are not free. We already paid once for the game, usually full price since digital downloads never really lose value, I shouldn't have to rent a game I already own/paid for.
-They are offering games that are already available on the PS4. A couple games I got for being a PS+ member are on that list. This makes..no sense really.

Something I'd like to see:
-Deals of the day. Rent the game for 4 hours and get it for a week as a bonus.
-Free games every once in a while, promote how good the system is.
-Will there be exclusive prices to some games for PS+ members? I hope so. Didn't find anything that said yes or no.

So there are a lot more cons then pros at the moment. I know it's beta but well, I want this to be a thing, and I want it to be successful. I just hope they can get the ball rolling rather quickly because i reeeeeeeeeally don't want to rebuy a ps3 since my took a dump on me. That was my only excuse for the PS4. I will say though I wish I waited longer to get it, because there just are no games for it -_-

Last edited:
Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
An added buy it now option and some more games would be great. Requesting God Of War 3 please.

NotJordon

NotJordon

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not a big fan of the whole streaming thing, i don't feel like im actually playing the game. I prefer it emulated and so i can have actually have a physical/digital copy of the game im playing. Unfortunately the PS3 emulation won't happen any time soon unless they make a new console with hardware emulation.

GraveYard023

GraveYard023

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so its basically ps3 games that you can rent to play on ps4?
or am i totally missing something here

Top Bottom
Login
Register